Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Omega Replacement conundrum.  (Read 61018 times)

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
Re: The Omega Replacement conundrum.
« Reply #450 on: 19 September 2016, 22:54:50 »

Diesel suits your driving style Tunnie. And the reason if feels more powerful is because the figure you are actually comparing is torque ;)

Not to mention that the Passat is probably making closer to its "as new" bhp output than a Mig with more than a decade and 100k miles under its wheels.

The way he drives he doesn't go anywhere near peak bhp figures ;)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

frostbite

• Roanapur City aka Skem
    • 00' e46 325i se
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: 20 September 2016, 07:12:25 »

What about a 4.0 pheaton they depreciate well and bigger than a passat too, get it lpg'd and itll last longer
e46 325i se - 1.8vvti avensis liftback

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: 20 September 2016, 08:44:09 »

Diesel suits your driving style Tunnie. And the reason if feels more powerful is because the figure you are actually comparing is torque ;)

Not to mention that the Passat is probably making closer to its "as new" bhp output than a Mig with more than a decade and 100k miles under its wheels.

191k  :D

But yes, I think diesel really does suit my driving style.  :)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: 11 May 2017, 20:14:17 »

Nice car Tunnie - 150 or 190 engine? (You probably said, I probably missed it)

I'm averaging ~50mpg in mine so you should better that with the manual box by at leat 5mpg, maybe 10 if it's the lower HP version.

Heated front screen is a nice addition (and as you've found it's far from just Ford - heck, I can buy one for the kit car! Ford appear to have licensed the technology to just about anyone who'll pay.. oddly enough), loved it on the truck and will miss it on the Skoda.

Up until quite recently it was only Ford, Jag ,L/rover,they used to be quite portective of it too :y

You can have one for literally anything now - even an Omega if you really want (would be a custom order, though) - http://www.heatedwindscreen.com/

Kevin could even have one in the Westfield .. although if there's ice on the screen it's probably best he not go out in it ;D
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

aaronjb

« Reply #454 on: 12 May 2017, 09:41:59 »

Yeah - actually I have upgrade my order with BrassCraft to a heated screen for the Cobra  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: 12 May 2017, 12:53:38 »

Nice car Tunnie - 150 or 190 engine? (You probably said, I probably missed it)

I'm averaging ~50mpg in mine so you should better that with the manual box by at leat 5mpg, maybe 10 if it's the lower HP version.

Heated front screen is a nice addition (and as you've found it's far from just Ford - heck, I can buy one for the kit car! Ford appear to have licensed the technology to just about anyone who'll pay.. oddly enough), loved it on the truck and will miss it on the Skoda.

Up until quite recently it was only Ford, Jag ,L/rover,they used to be quite portective of it too :y

You can have one for literally anything now - even an Omega if you really want (would be a custom order, though) - http://www.heatedwindscreen.com/

Kevin could even have one in the Westfield .. although if there's ice on the screen it's probably best he not go out in it ;D
The new car has it. And I still don't like it. I was hoping I'd get used to it, but I'm not :(
Grumpy old man

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: 12 May 2017, 13:18:28 »

Yeah - actually I have upgrade my order with BrassCraft to a heated screen for the Cobra  :y

Given that mine steams up at the first sign of humidity, sounds like a good choice  :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: 12 May 2017, 14:23:25 »

Given that mine steams up at the first sign of humidity, sounds like a good choice  :y
You could always fix the aircon ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: 12 May 2017, 15:12:32 »

I was referring to my cobra. Which has no aricon, and a poxy electric heater to (fail to) demist the screen ;)

Omega demists itself just fine  :y

aaronjb

« Reply #459 on: 12 May 2017, 15:27:12 »

Not cheap though - adds ~£200 to the cost of the screen.. and Chris isn't quite sure about them yet as he hasn't done many (or any, possibly!). Still, should find out in ~3 weeks or so whether it worked as that's about when my screen should be ready (and wind wings, visors, fuel filler, etc etc).

Might not find out how well it demists for a while though as there's still no drivetrain in the car! ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: 12 May 2017, 16:40:15 »

Not cheap though - adds ~£200 to the cost of the screen.. and Chris isn't quite sure about them yet as he hasn't done many (or any, possibly!). Still, should find out in ~3 weeks or so whether it worked as that's about when my screen should be ready (and wind wings, visors, fuel filler, etc etc).

Might not find out how well it demists for a while though as there's still no drivetrain in the car! ;D

Still, it'd cost £200+ to fit a proper heater, which is the next best option given that the electric blowers aren't much cop except for getting past the IVA. Less weight, too. :y

Then again, I've been glad of my proper heater on many occasions, and, even when I can put up with the cold, it stops the rev limiter complaining (about the cold, not the driving).
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: 13 May 2017, 18:46:21 »

Still, it'd cost £200+ to fit a proper heater, which is the next best option given that the electric blowers aren't much cop except for getting past the IVA. Less weight, too. :y

Then again, I've been glad of my proper heater on many occasions, and, even when I can put up with the cold, it stops the rev limiter complaining (about the cold, not the driving).
;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.