Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: One for the BMW haters- fill yer boots!  (Read 29656 times)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
Re: One for the BMW haters- fill yer boots!
« Reply #60 on: 21 January 2017, 19:43:04 »

Not yet unfortunately, I got the "Saturday girl" when I went to collect the car, she didn't know what had been done, what FEM stood for, what it did, or come to that, where they had left my car! However, the service manager is getting a family sized earfull on Monday over the door card so I'm hoping I will get it put right as part of the same conversation.

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 23 January 2017, 00:55:56 »

I hope you get some progress today but I would question BMW haters, it's not the cars that are the problem as much as badge snobbery, if some one turns up at a petrol station in a mid 90s 3 series and it's mint with BMW car club uk sticker in the window then they clearly love that brand, if on the other hand they say it the best because it's German I struggle.
Asking one of these people why there awesome 3 series  comes from South Africa will confuse them in the same was as Mercedes snobs don't like questions about recent problems with rust and if you want to push the point CLK, C and E class convertible drivers may not like refferances to Hitler or taxis!

Porsche snobs probably won't thank you for reminding the one car in the range has the same name as the emergency services in the US or if the drive the smaller car possibly won't like sentaces with the word penis or extension in them!

Personally while I can apriciate most cars my soft spot is Audi and yes that includes the not so Germanic Q7 as well as Vauxhall.
I can only hope this brightens your day when dealing with the service manager. good lick
Pmacca, living the dream since 1995

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 23 January 2017, 05:23:15 »

I hope you get some progress today but I would question BMW haters, it's not the cars that are the problem as much as badge snobbery, if some one turns up at a petrol station in a mid 90s 3 series and it's mint with BMW car club uk sticker in the window then they clearly love that brand, if on the other hand they say it the best because it's German I struggle.
Asking one of these people why there awesome 3 series  comes from South Africa will confuse them in the same was as Mercedes snobs don't like questions about recent problems with rust and if you want to push the point CLK, C and E class convertible drivers may not like refferances to Hitler or taxis!

Porsche snobs probably won't thank you for reminding the one car in the range has the same name as the emergency services in the US or if the drive the smaller car possibly won't like sentaces with the word penis or extension in them!

Personally while I can apriciate most cars my soft spot is Audi and yes that includes the not so Germanic Q7 as well as Vauxhall.
I can only hope this brightens your day when dealing with the service manager. good lick

Exactly that sadly :y :y

When some people sit behind the 4 blade propeller on the steering wheel and they turn into a complete arrogant nob
« Last Edit: 23 January 2017, 05:25:32 by tigers_gonads »

aaronjb

« Reply #63 on: 23 January 2017, 09:33:32 »

When some people sit behind the 4 blade propeller on the steering wheel and they turn into a complete arrogant nob

It's like you've seen me driving the BMW...  :D

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 23 January 2017, 10:57:53 »

With any luck we are cheering you up, im sue I speak for the majority when I say I hope the dealer comes back with some positive news and treats you with respect.
My last encounter with a Vauxhall dealer was awful and in fairness I wouldn't have gone there if it wasn't for the problem being door lock related.

Fraggles Rock

• Intermediate Member
  • United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 23 January 2017, 11:14:29 »

It's like you've seen me driving the BMW...  :D
As the old Chinese proverb says, it's not what you drive, but rather how you drive it :D

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 23 January 2017, 18:08:29 »

Perhaps that Chinese proverb should be pointed out to the OAP with the hat on the parcel shelf of his Volvo?

Pmacca2000

• Intermediate Member
  • Midlands
    • Omega CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 24 January 2017, 15:19:47 »

Dare we ask what happened at BMW ?

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 27 January 2017, 10:41:13 »

Dare we ask what happened at BMW ?

Apologies for the slow response, but until yesterday, nothing much had happened.

Mixed news I'm afraid. On the one hand, BMW have agreed to sort the wheel curbing and the door card with BMW Gmbh funding the wheel and the dealership funding the door  :y. The right result, but I have to say not the one I was expecting!

The bad news is I have started seeing the "key not in car" error again when I get in it. Only every so often but the last time it started with this it ended up with me at the side of the road. Having said that I don't have any firm evidence that the two issues are related, only that they showed up one after the other last time.  :-X

To be honest I am done with the car now, the enjoyment has definitely gone :(. If it fails again I'll return it to BMW, otherwise I'll wait until I am out of negative equity on it and get rid of it (somehow).
« Last Edit: 27 January 2017, 10:42:47 by jimmy944 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 27 January 2017, 11:08:41 »

If on HP, it can be returned with you paying half the agreement balance. Say £25K car, £5k deposit, 47 months @£500pm plus £600 final payment.

Total finance £24100. 50% being £12050. So you hand the car back and your liability drops to £12050 less any payments, say 5 months worth, so £2500. This leaves you a bill of £9550 to get shot. This figure is the absolute maximum and makes no allowance for interest rebates, reasonably you should get £2050 off this, but potentially this could be as much as £3600 allowing for the same five months paid, so your actual liability might only be £6000.

Alternatively you can sell the car for the finance settlement figure plus 10%.

The 10% is to allow haggling room without leaving you out of pocket.

I know these figures are imaginary, but they should demonstrate the principle.

I also know someone who might buy the car from you should the dealer not bite your arm off.
Onanists always think outside the box.

X30XE

• UK
    • 740i,728i,S320 & Disco
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 27 January 2017, 11:55:29 »

If on HP, it can be returned with you paying half the agreement balance. Say £25K car, £5k deposit, 47 months @£500pm plus £600 final payment.

Total finance £24100. 50% being £12050. So you hand the car back and your liability drops to £12050 less any payments, say 5 months worth, so £2500. This leaves you a bill of £9550 to get shot. This figure is the absolute maximum and makes no allowance for interest rebates, reasonably you should get £2050 off this, but potentially this could be as much as £3600 allowing for the same five months paid, so your actual liability might only be £6000.

Alternatively you can sell the car for the finance settlement figure plus 10%.

The 10% is to allow haggling room without leaving you out of pocket.

I know these figures are imaginary, but they should demonstrate the principle.

I also know someone who might buy the car from you should the dealer not bite your arm off.

Only if it's regulated by the CCA 1974 I think. Which some finance providers seem to be able to exempt themselves from. (Jaguar for one).

Not that he's going to be f***ing stupid enough to do that anyway  ::)
Omegatitis : [in remission]
Current "illnesses" : '00 740i | '00 728i |'00 S320 | '00 Discovery V8 | '03 9-5 HOT Aero | '06 Mini One  |  '98 406

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 27 January 2017, 12:05:01 »

It's a pretty efficient way of disposing of a two year/130K mile old taxi :-X

I only posted earlier as it is an option and to explain how the numbers work. It's obviously not the first choice, but depends on ops circumstances and how desperate he is to get shot...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 27 January 2017, 13:13:29 »

I think, if it's displaying an error message that it did just before going postal last time, and thus clearly not fixed yet, I'd be turning up on their forecourt every time it does it until they agree to take it back. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 27 January 2017, 14:06:50 »

I think, if it's displaying an error message that it did just before going postal last time, and thus clearly not fixed yet, I'd be turning up on their forecourt every time it does it until they agree to take it back. ;)

Agreed.

Why should you have to put up with the mounting anxiety of a possible/probable breakdown.

STEMO

« Reply #74 on: 27 January 2017, 14:33:12 »

Camera phone at the ready each time you get in the car. A faff, I know, which shouldn't be necessary. But if it breaks down again, it's all evidence for a return of the vehicle.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 21 queries.