Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: LPG kit prices  (Read 20605 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: LPG kit prices
« Reply #90 on: 15 January 2011, 12:50:18 »

a 90l is 7l (fillable capacity) larger, so a shade over 1.5g, so 30m...  ...is it worth it for the extra fitting hassles (many of us have 80l, and they are an easy fit), the extra weight and likely higher cost?  Hmmm.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 15 January 2011, 13:03:39 »

think mine cost about £750 all in, but thats everything! Including B&B and Curry for a certain LPG expert  :y

Quickly paid back though!  :)

100L tank would be nice, but I am happy with 340-400 mile range
:-[ ::) was a good couple of days though! :y

I used the Figure of £700 all in for mine, it was slightly less but it's a nice round figure to work with.

Very enjoyable, if TB does his Elite have to have a BBQ again at the same time i think!

Any idea when you plan to convert?
Guessing mine will be done over a couple of weekends (we've proved its not realistically possible in a single weekend).  As I want to keep my existing (low mileage) injectors/manifold, I'll ask Kevin Wood if we get the manifold drilled, and the tank fitted (an element of welding needed for my unusual needs - and my welding still sucks!).

Maybe, if the double garage at Tunnicliffe Towers is available, we could arrange a bit of a 'do', involving a fairly leisurely front end install, including bbq, and an evening of beer and curry...

...I'm sure Mr LD could be strapped to a sack-barrow and wheeled around keeping his back straight, and I'd consider betting a left gonad that a certain Mr Gixer would be upset if he wasn't invited to help a curry.  And Mr Wood's Westfield needs a run ;D

;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 15 January 2011, 13:04:09 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 15 January 2011, 13:06:47 »

Guessing mine will be done over a couple of weekends (we've proved its not realistically possible in a single weekend).  As I want to keep my existing (low mileage) injectors/manifold, I'll ask Kevin Wood if we get the manifold drilled, and the tank fitted (an element of welding needed for my unusual needs - and my welding still sucks!).

Maybe, if the double garage at Tunnicliffe Towers is available, we could arrange a bit of a 'do', involving a fairly leisurely front end install, including bbq, and an evening of beer and curry...

...I'm sure Mr LD could be strapped to a sack-barrow and wheeled around keeping his back straight, and I'd consider betting a left gonad that a certain Mr Gixer would be upset if he wasn't invited to help a curry.  And Mr Wood's Westfield needs a run ;D

;D ;D ;D

Actually, joking aside, if people are available and willing, I can see a plan forming...  ...hmmm
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #93 on: 15 January 2011, 13:15:29 »

Thinking about LPG, I have a daft question..

Do you get an additional fuel gauge for the LPG tank, or is it a case of "I'm out when it stops and I have to switch back to petrol"?

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 15 January 2011, 13:16:54 »

Do you get an additional fuel gauge for the LPG tank, or is it a case of "I'm out when it stops and I have to switch back to petrol"?

Yup!

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 15 January 2011, 13:17:54 »

;D ;D ;D

Actually, joking aside, if people are available and willing, I can see a plan forming...  ...hmmm

Responded to your PM  :y

Planning to pop back early Feb anyway, so bit of a do sounds good  :)

aaronjb

« Reply #96 on: 15 January 2011, 13:29:38 »

Yup!

Ah! Thanks  :) I had visions of it being a guessing game, but that's actually quite a neat little looking thing. I'm guessing the B/G switches between Petrol (Benzin?) and Gas?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 15 January 2011, 13:36:55 »

Yup!

Ah! Thanks  :) I had visions of it being a guessing game, but that's actually quite a neat little looking thing. I'm guessing the B/G switches between Petrol (Benzin?) and Gas?
Correct on all counts. But its still a guessing game, as those gauges (even when calibrated) are horribly inaccurate.  Most of us go by the trip meter, and reset every fill.

I know, worse case, I get 250m from my 80l tank (fills to 65l). Obviously, if I'm a good boy, I can get 280+ from a tank.

You'd soon get into that mindset of using the trip, not the gauge.  Same as you'd get into the mindset that:

a) caneing the tits off it all the time doesn't matter, as LPG is cheaper ::)
b) running out of LPG and having to use petrol is a sin worse than murder :o
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 15 January 2011, 13:49:24 »

I'm the same, 'dangle berries' to the gauge, I go on miles, which i reset the trip on every full fill. Problem is you always have to fill rather than stick few quid in. But with LPG more likely to fill anyway.

My gauge goes red when i've still got a good 100 miles left!  :o

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 15 January 2011, 13:54:41 »

I'm the same, 'dangle berries' to the gauge, I go on miles, which i reset the trip on every full fill. Problem is you always have to fill rather than stick few quid in. But with LPG more likely to fill anyway.

The gauge needs recalibrating then!!

I tend to fill mine anyway, as I use Road Trip on the gayphone to work out mpg/usage etc.
Grumpy old man

aaronjb

« Reply #100 on: 15 January 2011, 13:54:45 »

;D

I'm used to using the trip rather than the petrol gauge anyway - I know 250 miles is about time to stop at the next garage, unless I've done 200 miles ragging the nuts off it of course.

Still, at least it's something to give you an indication rather than it just stopping unexpectedly :)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 15 January 2011, 14:09:19 »

I tend to fill mine anyway, as I use Road Trip on the gayphone to work out mpg/usage etc.

I may have rotated tank to allow slight overfill  ::) 74L in 90L tank

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 15 January 2011, 14:11:02 »

I may have rotated tank to allow slight overfill  ::) 74L in 90L tank
That extra half gallon would explain the range.

Still sounds like you need to reset the gauge slightly.
Grumpy old man

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 15 January 2011, 14:15:09 »

not too fused, go on the mileage really  :y

feeutfo

« Reply #104 on: 15 January 2011, 14:39:34 »

Not sure how correct a thought this is, but us it wise to go bigger than 80ltr tank without self levelling? Which we have obviously? But not in your mv6. Does that make any odds or are you thinking if binning sl shocks?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 19   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.