Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scimitar MV6  (Read 77145 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Scimitar MV6
« Reply #555 on: 18 February 2014, 10:22:06 »

Excellent update. Thanks :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

lozzzzzz

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: 24 February 2014, 20:40:05 »

Well then, a much needed update folks. 

The trackday at Bedford went really really well, in fact I can't believe how well it went.  It got me there with no hassle, did a full track and got me 2 and a half hours home too. 

It managed 118mph but we subsequently limited ourselves to 110mph as there was a fair bit of vibration near 120mph. 
It burnt its way through £125 of fuel on the track alone
It covered 250 miles on track alone
And I'm confident in saying it was the single most used car of the day.

My two brothers and I drove the car, it came into the pits, was left running while we swapped drivers and went out again, non stop until lunch then again afterwards with a fairly early finish at 4 ish. 

The engine behaved perfectly, the cooling system is up to the job, the brakes didn't overheat or fade or boil.
The handling was awesome, this was a worry of mine as I've done all the calculations but never pushed it.  It was so predictable, full of feedback, and really well balanced, I'm over the moon with the handling. 

And it performed really well, there were some serious cars there and I think the Scim and the three drivers were about a third of the way up the field, with plenty of vx220s, lotus', a GTR lots of BMWs etc being pretty dam fast.  The Scim showed up lots of hot hatches, the odd elise, a 944, an E36 M3 (although I'm sure that's more about the driver).  Suffice to say I'm really really pleased with how it went. 

There were a few points to work on.  The rebalanced propshaft has meant that the vibration at 80mph has gone, but there is still a vibration at 120mph (this will be a little harder to sort out on the road). 

The front discs have cracked too.  I'll go on about this a bit more in another post, but I won't be buying cheap drilled discs again.  And that's about it really! :)

Anyway enough of that.  Here are a few snaps of the car on track, firstly my younger brother pushing on just a little too much :)

Next the car is off the road for a couple of months until funds allow.  In the mean time, an inspection of the important bits, new discs all round, road seats back in, and try to locate the vibration problem. 

More to come

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #557 on: 25 February 2014, 00:18:36 »

Glad it worked ok for you mate - especially after all your hard work :y
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

lozzzzzz

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: 25 February 2014, 07:00:50 »

Thanks Dbug

:) :) :)

aaronjb

« Reply #559 on: 25 February 2014, 09:39:33 »

Looks like you had an excellent day out - very impressive performance from the car considering you only switched it off for lunch! I don't believe I could pound on the M3 that hard and have it not explode in a shower of pistons or cogs.. ;D

I may have asked this before, but which TDO did you do the day with?

lozzzzzz

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: 25 February 2014, 11:58:37 »

I'm sure an M3 could take the punishment, they're designed for it, they love it :)

I did it through Javalin Trackdays

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: 25 February 2014, 12:13:10 »

Good to see you had an excellent day and all your hard work paid off with no major problems.  :y :y :y

Have you had a phone call from the Red Bull F1 team yet as they need some help with their recent track days.  ;D ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

omega3000

« Reply #562 on: 25 February 2014, 15:39:53 »

Excellent pictures , glad its all worked out after all the hard work put in  :y Now on to the V8 project  :D

lozzzzzz

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: 26 February 2014, 07:17:18 »

:) :)

I'm sticking with 6 cylinders I think.  Although I was so impressed with the balanced nature of the car, I've thought twice about supercharging the 3.2.  I would hate ruin the balance and produce a hot rod that skids a lot. 

But don't worry, I soon came to my senses :)  :)

omega3000

« Reply #564 on: 27 February 2014, 15:59:52 »

V8 Omega did you say , been done before though  :y

lozzzzzz

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: 31 May 2014, 16:22:13 »

A fresh MOT this morning and 6 months Tax :)  :)

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.