Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung Washing machine nonsense  (Read 1276 times)

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
Samsung Washing machine nonsense
« on: 26 March 2019, 18:04:18 »

My daughter's Samsung ECOBubble has stopped working mid wash. They contact Samsung who say if it is a known fault on inspection by a Samsung authorised engineer then they will pay cost of part. When is the earliest this engineer can attend - 4 weeks. They get a local guy in who confirms it is the motherboard - a common fault - £145 for the part and £60 labour/call out. Samsung do not see the argument why with 2 small kids and loads of washing that 4 weeks is unacceptable. It will have to be fixed and protests made but if anyone other than this Samsung engineer attends then Samsung will void their commitment. Can only think of advising Which of this and write to MD of Samsung UK - I hate this kind of rubbish from a big company.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

STEMO

Re: Samsung Washing machine nonsense
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2019, 18:23:36 »

Post it up here, Phil:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=173

As well as getting good advice, your post acts as a warning to others. I, personally, have four Samsung televisions, two mobile phones and a washing machine. You have made me think twice about which brand I will choose in the future, you may have the same effect on others on mse.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2019, 18:43:40 »

If it's a problem product, then presumably there's a high demand for their support, and if the feet on the ground are only a small team, then coverage will be limited. Throw in a couple of sick days and a couple holidays and you start to get genuine backlogs.

It seems to be a growing trend to run at almost skeleton staffing levels in order to maximise profits. This leaves no flexibility or redundancy in service levels, which for a consumer supplier, is very short sighted. Especially when everyone demands something to be instantly resolved.

In this case, perhaps Samsung could justify raising their prices by 50% and guarantee a next day exchange unit from one of their distributors.

That way the customer would be happy and they could repair/refurbish the unit at leisure.
« Last Edit: 26 March 2019, 18:49:40 by Doctor Gollum »
Onanists always think outside the box.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 March 2019, 20:11:20 »

This must be the only forum, that every and anything is discussed.... Can't beat a white goods thread, that Tigger be along soon, he loves white goods..
Hoof'land storeman.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2019, 08:58:50 »

Gotta love a white goods thread!  :y             ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 27 March 2019, 09:25:31 »

Once again I personally would use the legal pathway to resolve such issues.  In this case it is the Consumer Rights Act 2015, and particularly the elements of that Act that outline the Right to have faults resolved within a "Reasonable" period of time.  For a washing machine to be repaired only after 4 weeks is not reasonable and that is the line to take. Therefore I would start the legal process off by sending Samsung a letter laying out your points of legal disassfaction, and insisting they either repair within 14 days or you will call in another agent to undertake the repair and then will seek reimbursement from Samsung, through a legal action (via the small claims court) as necessary.

Various great links exist on the web for this Act, and Citizens Advice Bureau site is particularly useful.

Going forward for after the machine is out of warranty, seriously think of your daughter obtaining insurance from Domestic and General.  For only about £6 per month the machine will be covered for repair or replacemen, with repairs by Hotpoint engineers (with my machines; Samsung in your case) being speedily arranged (certainly never in 4 weeks!), and other appliances can also be added..

All the best Pscocoa :y
« Last Edit: 27 March 2019, 09:30:07 by Lizzie Zoom »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 27 March 2019, 11:26:52 »

What is it with consumers that expect every single hiccup to be resolved instantly?

People should be alot more realistic in their expectations. Also some companies could do well to train their customer service teams to care about what they're doing. Unfortunately they don't and customers will ring up at the drop of a hat and scream and shout at people because they feel that they have agod given right to.
Onanists always think outside the box.

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27 March 2019, 15:03:31 »

Once again I personally would use the legal pathway to resolve such issues.  In this case it is the Consumer Rights Act 2015, and particularly the elements of that Act that outline the Right to have faults resolved within a "Reasonable" period of time.  For a washing machine to be repaired only after 4 weeks is not reasonable and that is the line to take. Therefore I would start the legal process off by sending Samsung a letter laying out your points of legal disassfaction, and insisting they either repair within 14 days or you will call in another agent to undertake the repair and then will seek reimbursement from Samsung, through a legal action (via the small claims court) as necessary.

Various great links exist on the web for this Act, and Citizens Advice Bureau site is particularly useful.

Going forward for after the machine is out of warranty, seriously think of your daughter obtaining insurance from Domestic and General.  For only about £6 per month the machine will be covered for repair or replacemen, with repairs by Hotpoint engineers (with my machines; Samsung in your case) being speedily arranged (certainly never in 4 weeks!), and other appliances can also be added..

All the best Pscocoa :y

Thanks Lizzie - we used to use D & G but it is actually more cost effective for us to self insure as our appliances seem to have lasted a reasonable time. will have to think about options in terms of value of repair and the principle of having some idiot advising to wait weeks for a repair visit and chasing it to nth degree. Will probably end up feeling more aggrieved!!
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.