Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Author Topic: So what have you done to your car today?  (Read 3048242 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: So what have you done to your car today?
« Reply #20595 on: 14 July 2020, 13:17:43 »

Also, both bolts at the front of the alternator, nothing at the back (aside from wiring)?
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20596 on: 14 July 2020, 13:26:47 »

I'll start a separate thread :D
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20597 on: 14 July 2020, 14:54:55 »

Also, both bolts at the front of the alternator, nothing at the back (aside from wiring)?

Wiring = A plug and a nut on a stud.  :y  Both bolts done from the front. As Mark said, can all be done from the top. Undo and remove bolts, tilt alternator, unplug plug, remove nut and move alternator forwards and out of the gap.
I got my regulator from Mid Ulster Rotating Electrics Ltd. Very quick delivery and a very helpful guy.  :y
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #20598 on: 14 July 2020, 18:05:12 »

Woooohoo - another 12 month ticket. 282K miles and no advisories. Might have to give it a wash now - well soon - well eventually.

And again - another 12 month ticket. 290K miles, with 3 advisories - need to paint some tread on both rear tyres in the near future and light misting on OSR shocker. Still could do with a wash though.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20599 on: 14 July 2020, 18:07:37 »

Woooohoo - another 12 month ticket. 282K miles and no advisories. Might have to give it a wash now - well soon - well eventually.

And again - another 12 month ticket. 290K miles, with 3 advisories - need to paint some tread on both rear tyres in the near future and light misting on OSR shocker. Still could do with a wash though.

Good result! Mileage is good to see, my highest mileage one is on 238K

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20600 on: 14 July 2020, 18:10:09 »

Congratulations on the pass  :)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20601 on: 14 July 2020, 18:13:13 »

Gave the Range Rover a wash & vacuumed it out, then as I've got plenty of time on my hands put all the service records & receipts into a ring binder in chronological order , it had really sturdy LR rubber over mats in it when I purchased it last year amongst the receipts was the one for them £236.00 Inc VAT , I'm glad it's got them but what a price !
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20602 on: 14 July 2020, 18:19:24 »

Excellent news :y
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20603 on: 14 July 2020, 18:19:44 »

Wiring = A plug and a nut on a stud.  :y  Both bolts done from the front. As Mark said, can all be done from the top. Undo and remove bolts, tilt alternator, unplug plug, remove nut and move alternator forwards and out of the gap.
I got my regulator from Mid Ulster Rotating Electrics Ltd. Very quick delivery and a very helpful guy.  :y
Thanks YZ :y
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20604 on: 14 July 2020, 18:28:16 »

Ordered regulator for TBE, thanks to DTM for checking some photos to ensure right one :y

Sadly, about an hour ago, she received official notification that Countrywide's Banbury site is closing (though they had already told her that privately, when the pump failed a couple of years back).  About 20mins later, Shell informed her they were withdrawing LPG from Bicester next month (and many, many other sites it would appear).

That, ladies and gentlemen, forces our hand, and TBE will not be presented for its next MOT  :'(, and will bring with it the end of my 18yr Omega ownership  :'(
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20605 on: 14 July 2020, 18:39:00 »

Just run it on petrol and tell her to wear lighter footwear.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20606 on: 14 July 2020, 18:47:51 »

Just run it on petrol and tell her to wear lighter footwear.  ::)
Sadly, I fully understand her concerns that well over £500 a month in fuel alone is not really viable.

She does get better economy than me, but only by around 10% as a guess.  Her levels of patience with other road users, esp VW owners (the new BMW) who aren't allowed to be anywhere other than the outside lane, needs a lot of work.
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20607 on: 14 July 2020, 18:51:43 »

Sadly, about an hour ago, she received official notification that Countrywide's Banbury site is closing (though they had already told her that privately, when the pump failed a couple of years back).  About 20mins later, Shell informed her they were withdrawing LPG from Bicester next month (and many, many other sites it would appear).

That, ladies and gentlemen, forces our hand, and TBE will not be presented for its next MOT  :'(, and will bring with it the end of my 18yr Omega ownership  :'(

Shame you're not nearer to Oxford AutoGas, as if you popped in there to fill up you would see ......................... a Black XJ like yours, but all chavved up, parked next door in The Fox and Goat pub (or whatever it's called now). It's a pimp my ride-mobile, all blacked out like a Mafia car.  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20608 on: 14 July 2020, 19:18:46 »

Shame you're not nearer to Oxford AutoGas, as if you popped in there to fill up you would see ......................... a Black XJ like yours, but all chavved up, parked next door in The Fox and Goat pub (or whatever it's called now). It's a pimp my ride-mobile, all blacked out like a Mafia car.  :y
That Tiddington?  She does use that one if passing, and if its open :y
Grumpy old man

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20609 on: 14 July 2020, 19:23:23 »

That Tiddington?  She does use that one if passing, and if its open :y

That's the one.  :y   The pub/restuarant next door has been refurbished over the past couple of years and the people that I assume to be the new owners have a blinged up XJ and a blinged up Bentley Coupe thing.  :y

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.