Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Chilcot Inquiry  (Read 1921 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Chilcot Inquiry
« on: 12 January 2010, 17:18:13 »

What a waste of Public Money. No-one is going to be brought to book, the whole thing is a charade. They wouldn't even allow a lawyer or barrister on the panel. Why? Because they did not want the hard questions asked. Discuss. >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 12 January 2010, 17:18:35 by ci643215 »

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
Re: Chilcot Inquiry
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2010, 17:25:55 »

They're just going through the motions IMO, so they can say there hasn't been a whitewash (which there most certainly has, as even a halfwit would agree!). Don't know why we should be surprised as it's par for the course these days in 'Great Britain PLC'. >:(
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2010, 17:36:02 »

Yep............nothing more than a cosy little chat.....pointless. :( :y

Martin_1962

« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2010, 17:57:20 »

Definately a cover up >:( >:(

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2010, 18:38:50 »

I'm gratified and indeed proud that HM Government has taken the courageous step of providing the funds and facilities so we might hear the very sound reasons of why it was deemed essential - on the basis of irrefutable intelligence - for our forces to be dispatched, to a distant land, in an effort to deny a very dangerous dictator the means to use his stockpile of weapons of mass destruction against our nation.

I can sleep safely with sublime contentment in the full realization that the government of the day led with wisdom and determination by Prime Minister Blair, so ably assisted by Mr A Campbell, Chancellor G Brown and a select group of other far-seeing personnel took the necessary steps to ensure that our nation would never be threatened by such an unstable despot.

I will humbly remember in prayer all those in government and other agencies who selflessly put this nation’s interests before party politics, infatuation with other national leaders and self aggrandisement to work so tirelessly for the good of each and every one of us.

Lord show them mercy and preserve them.
« Last Edit: 12 January 2010, 18:50:33 by Zulu77 »

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2010, 18:49:06 »

In Spades :D

jereboam

• Omega Knight
  • Suffolk
    • 1999 Omega Elite 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 January 2010, 19:28:40 »

I'm gratified and indeed proud that HM Government has taken the courageous step of providing the funds and facilities so we might hear the very sound reasons of why it was deemed essential - on the basis of irrefutable intelligence - for our forces to be dispatched, to a distant land, in an effort to deny a very dangerous dictator the means to use his stockpile of weapons of mass destruction against our nation.

I can sleep safely with sublime contentment in the full realization that the government of the day led with wisdom and determination by Prime Minister Blair, so ably assisted by Mr A Campbell, Chancellor G Brown and a select group of other far-seeing personnel took the necessary steps to ensure that our nation would never be threatened by such an unstable despot.

I will humbly remember in prayer all those in government and other agencies who selflessly put this nation’s interests before party politics, infatuation with other national leaders and self aggrandisement to work so tirelessly for the good of each and every one of us.

The Falklands Factor may become the Holy Grail of the third millennium :)
I can be handy mending a fuse - but stuff the Isle of Wight

Martin_1962

« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2010, 20:00:45 »

Only though with the Falklands NOT with the Middle East

STMO999

« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2010, 20:17:27 »

Yank!

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 January 2010, 20:33:39 »

Yank!

A natural result of the 'special relationship'  8-) 8-)  ::) ::) ::) ::)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUeFq_xWA-k&feature=related[/media]

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 January 2010, 20:39:48 »

Many things said in jest;

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs[/media]

jereboam

• Omega Knight
  • Suffolk
    • 1999 Omega Elite 3.0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 January 2010, 07:26:30 »

The Falklands Factor may become the Holy Grail of the third millennium  :)

What I meant was that starting a war in the hope that it will improve your electoral performance next time round, as happened with Mrs. Thatcher and her South Atlantic adventure, may become the prevailing underlying strategy of the less creative politician in the forseeable future.
I can be handy mending a fuse - but stuff the Isle of Wight

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 January 2010, 10:32:36 »

What I meant was that starting a war in the hope that it will improve your electoral performance next time round, as happened with Mrs. Thatcher and her South Atlantic adventure, may become the prevailing underlying strategy of the less creative politician in the forseeable future.

I agree completly J, however the end result is generally that so graphically depicted in reply number 10 :(
« Last Edit: 13 January 2010, 10:33:04 by Zulu77 »

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 January 2010, 10:55:22 »

excuse me but i allways thought the falklands was british and the argies invadaded us  :-[
whether is 12,000 miles away is irrelevant.  it was ours ......... the population was british and it had a british flag flying over port stanley ............ they took it ......... we took it back !!

as for the gulf war, the time too get rid of sadam was is 1991.

as for this 45 minute thing that the goverment of the day just happened too let out into the media ( i which they all jumped on the band waggon so they could make money ) and sadams so called WMD program, the only people who realy know are not going too tell.

Nickbat

« Reply #14 on: 13 January 2010, 11:52:23 »

excuse me but i allways thought the falklands was british and the argies invadaded us  :-[
whether is 12,000 miles away is irrelevant.  it was ours ......... the population was british and it had a british flag flying over port stanley ............ they took it ......... we took it back !!

as for the gulf war, the time too get rid of sadam was is 1991.

as for this 45 minute thing that the goverment of the day just happened too let out into the media ( i which they all jumped on the band waggon so they could make money ) and sadams so called WMD program, the only people who realy know are not going too tell.

I agree about the Falklands. It was indeed, IMHO, a necessary defence of UK sovereignty and whatever faults Mrs T may have had, she was at least a true patriot, unlike the present incumbent. (Heard about the defence cuts he's planning?  >:()

Of course, we have now surrendered our sovereignty to the EU, but that's a different story.  >:(
« Last Edit: 13 January 2010, 11:53:09 by Nickbat »
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.