Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: boot release  (Read 1587 times)

nellys coupe

• buckinghamshire
    • hyundai coupe
    • View Profile
boot release
« on: 25 January 2019, 20:23:09 »

i was reading a post about the boot release that you can change a wire that alows you to open the boot with the engine running but i cannot find it, could some point me in the right direstion.
coupe rebuild master

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: boot release
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2019, 20:28:45 »

Probably better off getting the later ECU, as cutting that wire does have side effects, such as the interior lights staying on for a few seconds after starting the car etc....

….but the guide is at http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=90516.0
Grumpy old man

nellys coupe

• buckinghamshire
    • hyundai coupe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2019, 20:32:04 »

Probably better off getting the later ECU, as cutting that wire does have side effects, such as the interior lights staying on for a few seconds after starting the car etc....

thanks mate do you know the part no. i need or from what year car, mine is a 2000 model
coupe rebuild master

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 January 2019, 09:30:01 »

thanks mate do you know the part no. i need or from what year car, mine is a 2000 model
Ident YP seems to ring a bell, but double check first (as my memory is crap), but essentially one from a 2003 saloon should be fine. You will need keyfobs as well, and ideally carpass.

This later type you press and hold interior button for 3s to open boot
Grumpy old man

Vega

• The Netherlands
    • Omega Saloon 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 January 2019, 12:57:47 »

If you have alarm then the YP version will do the trick.
You probably need to program it with a Tech2, power windows and sunroof, key fobs and imo.
You need to have the security code of the new YP module for that.
« Last Edit: 26 January 2019, 13:01:11 by Vega »

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 February 2019, 18:14:46 »

Zirks Mod does a better Job and gets around that, also fits Pre and Post 2000/1, does involve using a Relay as part of the wiring Mods.  :y

Pretty sure I posted up a Howto years ago, but just had a quick look and cant find it, it might still be sitting in the Test Section somewhere.  :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 February 2019, 18:26:03 »

Zirks Mod does a better Job and gets around that, also fits Pre and Post 2000/1, does involve using a Relay as part of the wiring Mods.  :y

Pretty sure I posted up a Howto years ago, but just had a quick look and cant find it, it might still be sitting in the Test Section somewhere.  :-\
I don't recall seeing that, and Jimbob is usually thorough about getting them sorted and moved when he has time.
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 February 2019, 18:36:00 »

I don't recall seeing that, and Jimbob is usually thorough about getting them sorted and moved when he has time.
Yea agreed, it was some time back (years) when I had my first 3.0 Plod, so that would have been 2009/10.

Dont know, anyway, bottom line is I reversed Engineered to one they fit to NonDBW Ex Police, but couldn't get it to work on the later 3.2's, so Modified the design, got it working on the 3.2 then modified again so it would work on both the 3.0 and 3.2.

Im sure I posted it up  :-\ probably still got the details kicking around somewhere, be it a few Hard Drives ago. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.