Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Satnav or Sat Nav problem NCDC 2013  (Read 5869 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Satnav or Sat Nav problem NCDC 2013
« Reply #15 on: 04 September 2014, 21:19:01 »

@Mowerzilla
I was a little surprised to read your initial comment about the aerial, unless the estate is different but the Omega saloon uses the Heated Rear Window for the antenna.

Nope .. heated rear screen is the RADIO aerial .. the little stubby thing on the roof is the satnav antenna
What you smoking Entwood?

On saloons, radio aerial is HRW, on estates its the aerial at the back of the roof.

I was replying to the highlighted bit ... that you have just agreed with !!
Eh?

Tell you what, lets sort it out like real men, in a field, tomorrow night ;D. You bring a wee dram for the winner ;D :y :y

(I've re-read a load of times, but too tired to concentrate enough - I've already been confuddled by chrisgixer in a PM, so clearly my brain is mush ;D)

OK .. but some homework for you first ... just to prepare you for the "conflict" .... (probably turn your brain to even more mush .. but a wee dram or three will soon fix that :) )

1. Thread title is Sat Nav
2. Mowerzilla posts that the saloon uses the HRW as antenna (implication .. satnav antenna)
3. I say no, HRW is radio not satnav
4. You state exactly the same thing .. with a question on my inhaling habits ... :)
5. I agree with you for the second time
6. Mowerzilla now agrees with both of us

Conclusion .. we are arguing about how to agree !! (ain't life grand !!   :)  )

Now .. where did I put that dram ....   :)
So we both win? Best get a pair of drams then, my Pikey Pensioner friend ;)
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #16 on: 04 September 2014, 21:52:23 »

Yes I can confirm, TB's brain is indeed, mush. ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #17 on: 04 September 2014, 21:54:16 »

Yes I can confirm, TB's brain is indeed, mush. ;D

Although his lip is still working. ;D

Mowerzilla

• Nottingham
    • Omega estate 2.5 & 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 September 2014, 16:02:14 »

@Mowerzilla
I was a little surprised to read your initial comment about the aerial, unless the estate is different but the Omega saloon uses the Heated Rear Window for the antenna.

Nope .. heated rear screen is the RADIO aerial .. the little stubby thing on the roof is the satnav antenna
What you smoking Entwood?

On saloons, radio aerial is HRW, on estates its the aerial at the back of the roof.

I was replying to the highlighted bit ... that you have just agreed with !!
Eh?

Tell you what, lets sort it out like real men, in a field, tomorrow night ;D. You bring a wee dram for the winner ;D :y :y

(I've re-read a load of times, but too tired to concentrate enough - I've already been confuddled by chrisgixer in a PM, so clearly my brain is mush ;D)

OK .. but some homework for you first ... just to prepare you for the "conflict" .... (probably turn your brain to even more mush .. but a wee dram or three will soon fix that :) )

1. Thread title is Sat Nav
2. Mowerzilla posts that the saloon uses the HRW as antenna (implication .. satnav antenna)
3. I say no, HRW is radio not satnav
4. You state exactly the same thing .. with a question on my inhaling habits ... :)
5. I agree with you for the second time
6. Mowerzilla now agrees with both of us

Conclusion .. we are arguing about how to agree !! (ain't life grand !!   :)  )

Now .. where did I put that dram ....   :)
So we both win? Best get a pair of drams then, my Pikey Pensioner friend ;)

Always remember it is impossible to talk about omega radio aerials with or without antennas in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood.

Today I had a look at the sat nav system again. Tried to remove it with unapproved tools but ultimately Head Unit 1 Human 0. Couldn't get much of a grip on it other than the flimsy plastic front. Will look into the hook method the CD Flap fell off so its a start I guess. Ill have to get some proper 2 din tools or resort to removing the front dash trim if I have to.
The BC seems to give reliable information like avg speed, instant fuel consumption and average fuel economy of 24mpg though not the answer I would like to see it is probably the truth. Ill reset these for the next trip and see what they read also there is a Diagnostic screen for the BC ill get a pic of might indicate a problem.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05 September 2014, 19:00:24 »

Ok, reason I ask is without a speed pulse, the NcDc will alwys think you are stationary

Does SDVC work ok?
Grumpy old man

Mowerzilla

• Nottingham
    • Omega estate 2.5 & 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05 September 2014, 19:05:45 »

Some progress has been made! Thanks for the tip about using some hook like tool to pull the bottom metal bracket of the HU I used a pair of 90 Angle Cir-clip pliers to hook the unit out and with my improvised 2 din removal tools (4 small screw drivers shoved in) the unit came out easy.

In past few days the sat nav has given an initial direction from starting the car up but doesn't give any more after the 1st turn left or right instruction and then just gives me the compass pointer.
Here are a few more photos.

Photo of the Diagnostic of the BC taken with the engine running. This screen varied from 87% to 100% with engine off. Didn't take any photo while driving but none of the figures changed other than the 87%. The fuel consumption and speed all made sense but maybe the Sat Nav isn't getting some data it needs.

Photo of top of unit

Side of unit. No idea what all the stamps are about.

The other side of the unit

Back

Slot in dash unit goes in.

Everything looks fine really and ill refit the unit later or tomorrow and see if Sat nav is back.

Also managed to work out that one of the Tweeters is broken after swapping them round. Car has Bose are the tweeters something special or will any Omega tweeter do? I have a door from a front passenger door from an 99 Omega CDX that just happens to be laying around any chance the tweeter behind the Wing mirror cover will work?

How easy is it to remove the GID. I am thinking if the fault is with the HU then ill need to swap both and then I might have a cunning plan for an upgrade to a CID.

Mowerzilla

• Nottingham
    • Omega estate 2.5 & 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 05 September 2014, 19:12:30 »

Ok, reason I ask is without a speed pulse, the NcDc will alwys think you are stationary

Does SDVC work ok?

That is the automatic volume increase as you get faster right?

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06 September 2014, 09:25:47 »

Yep.  :y

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06 September 2014, 10:06:39 »

SDVC is Speed Dependent Volume Control :)
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 September 2014, 18:32:46 »

Does SDVC work ok?

That is the automatic volume increase as you get faster right?
Yup.

I ask, as the symptoms match it not getting a speed signal.
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 18 queries.