Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: CCR800 Bose inside pisc  (Read 1600 times)

luisile

• Slovakia
    • Opel Vectra B
    • View Profile
Request: CCR800 Bose inside pisc
« on: 13 September 2014, 22:29:27 »

Hi all im new here. Can anybody send me to email little bit more detailed pics of inside and outside of a BOSE head unit  Philips CCR800? I know that they are same to CCR600 except the power amp but I can not find any inside pics on the net.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Request: CCR800 Bose inside pisc
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2014, 16:44:47 »

Might help if you describe what it is you are trying to do, rather than just ask for pictures of the inside.

The Bose / Phillips Amps are separate units to the HU's but guessing you know that already.  :-\

luisile

• Slovakia
    • Opel Vectra B
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2014, 21:34:22 »

Yes that I already know, I want the pics to know where is the difference exactly to ccr600. i will if it is possible rebuild my spare ccr600 to ccr800.
Somewhere i read that the ccr800 has symmetrical output to the bose amp.
the Philips amp from the old omegas is just a active crossover with TDA chips power amp.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 September 2014, 11:55:27 »

Still not 100% certain I understand fully now that you have mentioned the TDA Chips and the Phillips or Bose Amps but we'll give it a go.

The TDA Chips (Probably TDA7375 type) will be fitted to the 600 and 800 HU as there o/p Stage as Standard. The early Phillips Amps (external) were fitted to very early CDX and Elite Omegas ie, before Bose (in the UK). Im not too familiar with this type of set up, but Im guessing that the HU's were standard and there normal speaker output levels were fed directly to the Phillips Amp.

On the Bose set up side, its slightly different, The HU's still use the TDA Chip as its output stage but the speaker output levels are reduced to lower levels to feed the the Bose Amps input and the Car was rewired to suit the Bose Amp and its Speaker arrangements (Bose Loom) . This preset Bose output level is configured within the HU at Vehicle Manufacturer (Some HU Models, not all, can be configured by a Tech2).

If you're asking whether your ccr600 can be fitted to replace your ccr800 HU (presumably Bose set up) then no, the 600's output levels will be too high to feed the Bose Amps input.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2014, 18:55:20 »

(Some HU Models, not all, can be configured by a Tech2)
Only Omega PFL ones that can be programmed for that is CCRT700.  Obviously there are other single DIN GM ones that also can, but were not fitted to Omegas, prime example being NCDR1x00
Grumpy old man

luisile

• Slovakia
    • Opel Vectra B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2014, 22:22:44 »

zirk thanks for info. i have not known that ccr800 have the tda chips inside. i never see in real the ccr800, that's why i will the pictures.
Ok i say what i wont. I will use standard opel head unit in this scenario my spare ccr600 unit. I will feed the doors with aftermarket amplifier, but i don't want use the hi/lo audio converters. I don't wont aftermarket head unit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.