Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 2.6 Oil Sump - gasket or not?  (Read 2537 times)

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
Re: 2.6 Oil Sump - gasket or not?
« Reply #15 on: 28 April 2020, 18:02:00 »

Many years ago, I inherited an aluminium oil filler syringe type, with a T shaped plunge handle, and a flexible nozzle. Its quite old, but they are still available in various forms, either plastic or aluminium. They can be filled by sucking the fluid out of the supplying container into the syringe, or by removing the cap and plunger / handle end of the of the syringe and then filling. That way is a bit messy - I just ensure it is clean from any remaining fluid from the last job, and then suck it out of the container into the syringe and fill the gearbox / diff or whatever. I can't remember the capacity, but it holds probably between 500ml and 1000ml.
Makes easy work of filling or topping up gearboxes, especially if the filler hole is quite high up with a chassis rail or other gubbins in the way that prevents you getting a squeezy type of oil filler bottle high enough to get any thing out of it.
The syringe ones are available on Ebay, Halfords or all decent motor factors for little money. The other plus is that it avoids oil trickling down your arm.... :y
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.