Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Birthday present  (Read 1106 times)

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
Some Birthday present
« on: 13 June 2007, 18:45:38 »

Going on tonight with some friends for my birthday, currently i am away from home first time in ages i have had a birthday without them around.

Goes to the cashpoint to take some money out.......£500 missing!!!! >:(

By missing i mean 2x£250 has been taken from my account in debit card transactions some thieving little scumbag has cloned my card by the seems of it and used it on an internet purchase >:( me not a happy bunny

Phoned Lloydstsb, they were excellent, cancelled the debit card put me through to the fraud dept, took my details and are in the process of getting the money back into my account (should be tomorrow)  :y

I am up in Nottingham currently and live out of hotels, fortunatly i have paid that up front otherwise i could be a little embarressed when i come to check out Friday.

I am ultra careful with my cards, someone must have been dead quick doing the cloning, fortunatly they didn't get my pim number.

if i got hold of them i would take wat's left of my debit card and ram it up their a$$  >:( >:(

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Some Birthday present
« Reply #1 on: 13 June 2007, 18:49:27 »

:(

Hits home, when it happens to someone you know....

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #2 on: 13 June 2007, 18:57:41 »

least your bank is doing the decent thing - now go out have a drink and happy birthday  :)
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

Jay w

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth/Poole
  • omega gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 June 2007, 18:58:16 »

that's the thing i am so careful with my card because i don't want this to happen to me

i consider myself to be pretty savvy, i don't use the card on the internet, nor do i do phone shopping, it has to be when i was paying for something like petrol.

One lesson i have learnt, cash is still king

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 June 2007, 19:02:03 »

yes, happened to me a few months back....
Grumpy old man

Danny

• Omega Lord
  • Wigan, Greater Manchester
  • BLACK 1.6 BORA SHAPED JETTA!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 June 2007, 19:16:52 »

its sickening to know that cloning is happening moreso because of thieves working on tills :(

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 June 2007, 22:30:46 »

it has to be when i was paying for something like petrol.

There was a thing on telly recently about CCTV, fraud etc. A lad in the kiosk at the petrol station dropped his pen behind the desk, bent down to pick it up still with the customers card in his hand. He had swipped it through a cloning machined on the floor in seconds and then stood back up to carry out the rest of the transaction. The customer didn't have a clue!  >:(

Chopsdad

• Omega Baron
  • Bouncy Castle in Carlisle
  • Keep it clean!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 June 2007, 22:52:18 »

If they want your details, no matter how careful you are they will get them. >:(

All Banks have fraud prevention schemes but were losing millions of pounds each year in losses.  To fix this they told the "shops" to come up with thier own scheme - known to all now as Chip 'n' Pin.

So, the only long term loser now is the "shop" that let some unverified card user spend £500 of your money.  Lloyds will give you it back and they will claim the money from the "shop" and they can report the details to the police if they want to.

Some turkey tried to spend £2000 in a jewellers in New York on my Visa card - out of character for my account - so it was blocked.  So being a tight arse helped save the day. ;D

Always have a back up card though for just such a situation. :y
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o317/chopsdad/oof.jpg[/IMG]                                                       [img name=signat_img_resize]http://i123.photobucket.com/albu

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 June 2007, 23:11:40 »

out of character for my account - so it was blocked.

He He. My phone started vibrating in my pocket about 30 seconds after swiping for SWMBO's engagement ring. In that time the chappie in the call centre in Bangalore had been fully briefed to ask me what the helll I was doing  :o

Sorry to hear it but glad it looks like it will not cause any lasting worry for you. A reminder to be vigilant.

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 21 queries.