Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lakes - Omegas leaving field  (Read 6297 times)

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
Re: Lakes - Omegas leaving field
« Reply #30 on: 13 June 2007, 12:31:12 »

sorry i never made it maybe next time ,you should not slag of the senny though i loved mine but now i to have moved on, remember if there was no senny there would be no meega and its 2 secs faster 0-60 dont get me wrong i am falling in love with the meega now,,, 8-)

hmmmmmmm................doubt if it's 2 secs quicker 0-60 than mine!! ::) ;)

It just might be, because of all the rust holes in it, and the body now being a lot thinner, it's probably 1/2 a ton lighter than when it was new ::)

I'm talking about a certain student's, of course ;)
« Last Edit: 13 June 2007, 12:32:42 by Auto_Addict »
I like red cars

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 13 June 2007, 13:08:30 »

sorry i never made it maybe next time ,you should not slag of the senny though i loved mine but now i to have moved on, remember if there was no senny there would be no meega and its 2 secs faster 0-60 dont get me wrong i am falling in love with the meega now,,, 8-)

hmmmmmmm................doubt if it's 2 secs quicker 0-60 than mine!! ::) ;)

It just might be, because of all the rust holes in it, and the body now being a lot thinner, it's probably 1/2 a ton lighter than when it was new ::)

I'm talking about a certain student's, of course ;)

;D ;D ;D

Sorry Tunnie  :-X
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 13 June 2007, 14:34:35 »

Are they buggery.....there pretty much the same 0-60 time!

raximax

• Intermediate Member
  • dundee
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 13 June 2007, 17:14:38 »

some people should know what they are talking about before they reply..and guess. I would sugest checking your facts first.. :P
mmeeggaa

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 13 June 2007, 17:32:03 »

Well, autobahnstormers ought to know, and the Senator 3.0i 24V auto is quoted as 0-60 in 8.8 there.

http://www.autobahnstormers.co.uk/

I timed a very casual 0-60 on my 3.2 MV6 Auto at 8 seconds using a Race technology AP22. No tricks, no manual shifting, just plonk foot down in "D". I suspect it may have faired better if I'd remembered to put it into Sport mode before I set off. Manufacturer's spec is 8.0 seconds.

The two cars weigh very similar amounts, have very similar amounts of power and the same gearbox. To make one go 2 seconds faster than the other would require a very substantial increase in power or decrease in weight.

Kevin

Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

bob.dent

• Omega Lord
  • Hertfordshire
  • Drives better than an Omega
    • Mondeo 2.0TDCI Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 13 June 2007, 17:52:22 »

some people should know what they are talking about before they reply..and guess. I would sugest checking your facts first.. :P

Performance figures for Senator 3.0
0-60 = 8.8 seconds
Top speed = 128mph

Performance figures for Omega 3.2
0-60 = 8.0 seconds
Top speed = 149mph

Information obtained from 2 independent databases

I rest my case  ;)

PS Sorry Jaime - didn't mean to hijack your thread :-[

« Last Edit: 13 June 2007, 17:53:58 by bob.dent »
I HAVE THE BODY OF AN 18 YEAR OLD.......I KEEP IT IN THE FRIDGE!

Markie

• Omega Lord
  • Lanarkshire, Scotland
    • RS4, BMW X5, Range Rover
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/pages/Markiescarparts/149306545168993
« Reply #36 on: 13 June 2007, 17:54:07 »

;D ;D senny being 2 seconds quicker than the Omega - Tunnie would have been very popular as it would put the senny into the 6 seconds area  :o
MarkiesCarParts-Online Now With A New 4000FT Partswarehouse; Stocking Thousands of Vauxhall,Peugeot, Citroen, Renault & Rover NEW Parts - Check us on Ebay MarkiesCarParts-Online. PM me via OOF for discount

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13 June 2007, 18:05:24 »

Performance figures for Senator 3.0
0-60 = 8.8 seconds
Top speed = 128mph

Performance figures for Omega 3.2
0-60 = 8.0 seconds
Top speed = 149mph

Information obtained from 2 independent databases

I rest my case  ;)

PS Sorry Jaime - didn't mean to hijack your thread :-[

Tunnies is the 24v one so faster than those specs (top end certainly), and I can confirm it is good for 135mph at least. Apparently ::)

I can also confirm, that Tunnie's was marginally slower accelerating at these high speeds, and significantly slower at slower speeds, though I think with the work he has done, that has improved a little.

My MV6 does 0 - 60 in 7.7s, no way will a standard Senny with similar gearbox (auto) be 5.7s, so I disagree with the 2s faster bit.

The Senator certainly isn't a bad car, though obviously prone to rust, and really crap electrics. The engine is around the same power, though significantly heavier.

Oh no, sounds like I'm almost sticking up for his rust bucket  :-X
Grumpy old man

raximax

• Intermediate Member
  • dundee
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 13 June 2007, 20:27:17 »

that must be the figure for the 12 valve senny 128 top speed cum on why would the police use them. im sure if you look around you will find the 24 valve 1-60 is 7 secs which is quite good for a car of tthis size with a 3,0 oh i think the top speed for the auto is 146 or there abouts with the man 148 or 9 come on you lot help me out im not going mad............or am i :o :-? ;D
for all you lucky people with the 3.2 i was reffering to the 3.0 elite which i have im sure the book said 9 secs but if im wrong i am sure will tell me im sure in the book for the senny it says 7 secs .and i did time it a few times and it was always 7 secs oh but with stop watches and different people timeing me....i know it is a very similar car but was a straight 6 with dual ram non ecotech....and worked different,,,,
or should i just go top myself for imbarssing my self i just cant let things lie when im so sure i there no sex senny drivers we can ask on here???????
« Last Edit: 13 June 2007, 20:39:10 by raximax »
mmeeggaa

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 13 June 2007, 20:37:10 »

that must be the figure for the 12 valve senny 128 top speed cum on why would the police use them. im sure if you look around you will find the 24 valve 1-60 is 7 secs which is quite good for a car of tthis size with a 3,0 oh i think the top speed for the auto is 146 or there abouts with the man 148 or 9 come on you lot help me out im not going mad............or am i :o :-? ;D

IIRC the top speed of my 24v Senny was close on 150mph.
I like red cars

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 13 June 2007, 20:54:15 »

I have to admit i like the Senator, it looks a little dated now if anything, but i also thought they were good for 150mph.....
Bruccie will know  ;)
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 13 June 2007, 21:16:29 »

for all you lucky people with the 3.2 i was reffering to the 3.0 elite which i have im sure the book said 9 secs but if im wrong i am sure will tell me im sure in the book for the senny it says 7 secs .and i did time it a few times and it was always 7 secs oh but with stop watches and different people timeing me....i know it is a very similar car but was a straight 6 with dual ram non ecotech....and worked different,,,,
or should i just go top myself for imbarssing my self i just cant let things lie when im so sure i there no sex senny drivers we can ask on here???????
Yes your figures are near, my Omega figures are based my 3.0l MV6, 0 - 60 of which is 7.7s by my clock (possibly quicker if done properly)
« Last Edit: 13 June 2007, 21:17:25 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 13 June 2007, 21:27:09 »

There was at least one 3 litre 24 valve Senny supplied to the Scottish Police College, Traffic Division, at Kincardine, direct from Vauxhall some years ago which had Koni uprated shocks all round, uprated brakes and pads, chipped and remapped by VX and, probably, an alternate set of gear ratio's and diff.  Done 164 mph on a specially calibrated speedo on the M9 motorway with 4 big blokes in it, back some 15 years plus ago whilst on a Police Advanced Driving Course.  (Standard cars are slower, but not by much).  And there were still 500 revs left in 5th, incidentally.....  

Before the usual suspects ( you know who they are.....  :P  ) start throwing comments onto the forum about excess speed by the Police, sauce for the goose/gander, double standards etc etc. please remember when this happened.  It was a different 'PC' climate with different interpretations.  Somewhat doubtfull this would now happen on the public road....    :y

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 13 June 2007, 21:39:23 »

Where are you Tunnie this surely will put a smile on ya face mate :y
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 13 June 2007, 21:45:31 »

Before the usual suspects ( you know who they are.....  :P  ) start throwing comments onto the forum about excess speed by the Police, sauce for the goose/gander, double standards etc etc. .........

:question  :question Who would that be?  :-?  :-?  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.