Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hamilton  (Read 6374 times)

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
Hamilton
« on: 23 June 2020, 15:42:55 »

Used to like him as he was good driver and made it to the top through hard work.

Now he's joined the BLM (Marxist, anti-free market, anti-police) march and, allegedly, will 'take the knee' at the first GP in Austria.

No longer a supporter of his, I'm afraid.

Politics and sport do not mix.

Looks like it will be a summer without football and F1 for me.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Hamilton
« Reply #1 on: 23 June 2020, 15:43:58 »

You've managed the last four months... Should be just fine without  :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 June 2020, 15:52:48 »

You've managed the last four months... Should be just fine without  :y

True!

I also just read about that Babba Wallace NASCAR incident. I appears that the so-called "noose" is very likely to have just been a door pull for the pit bay...

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/06/23/fake-noose-the-nascar-bubba-wallace-rope-noose-was-a-purposeful-hoax/

It's all getting beyond the pale for me.  >:(

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 June 2020, 18:32:59 »

BLM
Turns out that White Lives don't Matter.

Silly me, I though all lives mattered, but no, with the current hysteria, only BLM :(
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 June 2020, 18:34:45 »

will 'take the knee'
Didn't he do that in front of Ronaldo 2 or 3 years back, when he fancied a Portugese Sausage?
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 June 2020, 18:36:59 »

Im still willing to give Hamilton the benefit of the doubt. He is naive and may well be badly advised or influenced. I believe though that he means well and has good intentions. He has some growing up to do, and a lot to learn, but Im convinced he is a decent bloke with a good heart.
Also, probably the best driver I have ever seen.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 June 2020, 18:39:11 »

BLM

Silly me, I though all lives mattered, but no, with the current hysteria, only BLM :(

Yep.....because some people are likely to be charged for saying they do. :-X

STEMO

« Reply #7 on: 23 June 2020, 18:42:22 »

BLM

Yep.....because some people are likely to be charged for saying they do. :-X
How much?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 June 2020, 18:44:09 »

Im still willing to give Hamilton the benefit of the doubt. He is naive and may well be badly advised or influenced. I believe though that he means well and has good intentions. He has some growing up to do, and a lot to learn, but Im convinced he is a decent bloke with a good heart.
He's 35 years old.  So he is either very stupid or very arrogant.

I know what I think.

Granted, he's a pretty decent driver (in an era when most of the drivers are a bunch of poofs), but he always has been a 1st class prick.
Grumpy old man

jimbobmccoy

• Intermediate Member
  • outer london
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 June 2020, 18:44:38 »

Used to like him as he was good driver and made it to the top through hard work.

Now he's joined the BLM (Marxist, anti-free market, anti-police) march and, allegedly, will 'take the knee' at the first GP in Austria.

I’m a little confused - did you like him as a person, or did you like him as a racer?

I’m not sure how recognising someone’s talent and liking them within their profession as a result of that talent is impacted by their support of BLM.

Are you saying you no longer like him as a racer?
That’s a bit like saying you no longer like an actor you previously did because you found out they voted for a particular party last election, or you won’t support your favourite footballer as they come out as gay.

The fact you’re prepared to stop your support of a racer over this kind of speaks to the problem.

Unless you meant you liked him as a person and now you don’t, in which case why bring his achievements as a racer in to it?

His support of BLM does nothing to change the criteria you state you previously judged him on, perhaps, it’s something else...... :-X

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 June 2020, 18:54:26 »

I’m a little confused - did you like him as a person, or did you like him as a racer?

I’m not sure how recognising someone’s talent and liking them within their profession as a result of that talent is impacted by their support of BLM.

That’s a bit like saying you no longer like an actor you previously did because you found out they voted for a particular party last election, or you won’t support your favourite footballer as they come out as gay.

The fact you’re prepared to stop your support of a racer over this kind of speaks to the problem.

Unless you meant you liked him as a person and now you don’t, in which case why bring his achievements as a racer in to it?

His support of BLM does nothing to change the criteria you state you previously judged him on, perhaps, it’s something else...... :-X

I "like" all sorts of sportstars, film stars or other celebrities for their professional ability. However, as soon as they use fame to drive their political views, I just get turned off. Granted, they may be still be good at what they do, like Hamilton, but once they start spouting off, I find it hard to support them.

It's just the way I am, I guess.

jimbobmccoy

• Intermediate Member
  • outer london
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 June 2020, 18:55:38 »

BLM

I think that’s a key point - the current hysteria. I’d suggest that’s being generated in large parts by those completely neutral people with no ulterior interests - MSM.

If you speak to anyone reasonable on the blm side of the fence they’re quite clear that they’re not saying other lives don’t matter, rather, that they feel there is an assumed security, safety, privilege, value or general ‘mattering’ that other lives may have or have had historically, and they want black lives to matter the same way, or have the same.

I don’t think they’re saying this is only restricted to black lives - you can look at no blacks no Irish as an example of how those lives mattered less, but they have chosen to organise and say their lives matter just as much as everyone else’s.

A lot of people wouldn’t argue that, and in general life behave in a way that means the difference doesn’t exist for them, which makes it a bit of an Afront when they feel lumped in with idiots like the edl, and political correctness/positive discrimination hasn’t really helped, but I would hope that the same people can see there are issues still, and they should change.

Some of those issues affect more than just black people, such as police brutality in America (where it takes place) but blm isn’t saying that it doesn’t exist or shouldn’t be changed all round, it’s just them calling out what affects them and asking for change.

jimbobmccoy

• Intermediate Member
  • outer london
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 June 2020, 19:00:32 »

I "like" all sorts of sportstars, film stars or other celebrities for their professional ability. However, as soon as they use fame to drive their political views, I just get turned off. Granted, they may be still be good at what they do, like Hamilton, but once they start spouting off, I find it hard to support them.

It's just the way I am, I guess.

They’re using their position of power/influence/privilege to push their agenda. No different to all the figures historically that have done the same to push their agenda of the time. An agenda that at times has created some of the issues BLM is raising and pushing back against.

It’s human nature to do that, just as it’s human nature to feel threatened and resist and not like change that is perceived as a threat to their position, especially if it means a worsening of their position - it’s why a lot of us feel uneasy about the current situation without really understanding why or while feeling they aren’t saying black lives don’t matter.

If you like someone for a specific reason - in this case their driving - then just ignore the rest and continue to enjoy their talent.

If no one spoke out politically or used their position to achieve change, where would we all be?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 June 2020, 19:01:28 »

He's 35 years old.  So he is either very stupid or very arrogant.

I know what I think.

Granted, he's a pretty decent driver (in an era when most of the drivers are a bunch of poofs), but he always has been a 1st class prick.

I think he is immature. His father was a svangali type character who organised his every move until Ron Dennis took him over and continued the process. He only started to have his own thoughts and opinions when he sacked his Dad and then left McClaren.
So I think he started his adolescence about 15 years later than most other people.
What his Father did was very admirable in many respects and certainly brought success, but there was probably a price to pay in his development.
As I said, he has a lot to learn, but also he is from the current generation, who thanks to their education and the media, see the world in a very different way to previous generations.
I see it to a degree with my own kids, and its a worry, but what can you do ?
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 June 2020, 19:11:03 »

I dont imagine Hamilton sees it as particularly political. He has suffered racism himself. I well remember Spanish fans doing monkey chants at him and throwing bananas from the stands. He probably sees it in simple terms - stopping this kind of thing from happening because its wrong.
I very much doubt he is politically aware enough to know that UK BLM is actually the usual rent a mob who are also Momentum, bash the rich, climate emargency activists, ban fracking, abolish nuclear energy etc. etc...who actually want to overthrow capitalism, abolish the police, pull down prisons and enforce their Marxist "utopia" upon the western world.
I mean, if he lectures us on racist history while wearing a Mercedes cap, he couldnt possibly be.
I think he wants to use his position to try and do some good, but he really needs to be careful and seek better advice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.