Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Air Crash  (Read 3486 times)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
Air Crash
« on: 24 March 2015, 12:26:16 »

'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

The Sheriff

Re: Air Crash
« Reply #1 on: 24 March 2015, 13:26:21 »

Very sad. No doubt weeks of speculation to follow.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 March 2015, 15:14:11 »

Another airbus. :(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

aaronjb

« Reply #3 on: 25 March 2015, 10:10:56 »

One that was being tracked by European radar at the time of loss, too, so there is a complete altitude & speed profile available on FlightRadar24 up to the point of radar loss (presumably when it dropped behind the mountains .. or into them  :-X )

Airspeed barely changes but it's a straight line from 38,000ft to 8,000ft in a little under 10 minutes at 4-500kts.  I suppose a 400kt impact would explain why it looks like the whole thing was thrown into a giant blender and then the Airbus-dust was sprinkled over the mountain :(

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 March 2015, 10:53:06 »

One that was being tracked by European radar at the time of loss, too, so there is a complete altitude & speed profile available on FlightRadar24 up to the point of radar loss (presumably when it dropped behind the mountains .. or into them  :-X )

Airspeed barely changes but it's a straight line from 38,000ft to 8,000ft in a little under 10 minutes at 4-500kts.  I suppose a 400kt impact would explain why it looks like the whole thing was thrown into a giant blender and then the Airbus-dust was sprinkled over the mountain :(

Speak English man? kt- kilotons? kts - ?

I feel very sorry for any family trying to grieve and what do you bury/cremate? Minutes national silence here at midday.

Lets hope they get some answers.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 25 March 2015, 10:55:53 »

Speak English man? kt- kilotons? kts - ?

I feel very sorry for any family trying to grieve and what do you bury/cremate? Minutes national silence here at midday.

Lets hope they get some answers.

Knots.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

aaronjb

« Reply #6 on: 25 March 2015, 11:15:29 »

Judging from the pictures in the press there won't be very much for anyone to bury - if they find whole bodies it'll be a miracle :-\ :(

05omegav6

« Reply #7 on: 25 March 2015, 12:51:02 »

Blqck boxes were recovered yesterday, so preliminary findings will be out by the weekend... :-\

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25 March 2015, 13:20:48 »

Doh! Knots. I have heard of them too.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

aaronjb

« Reply #9 on: 25 March 2015, 13:50:13 »

Doh! Knots. I have heard of them too.

Well, how else would you tie your laces? ;)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25 March 2015, 14:19:31 »

Just asked, Nurse fastens them with a velcro thing. I am not allowed laces :o

aaronjb

« Reply #11 on: 25 March 2015, 14:50:43 »

Just asked, Nurse fastens them with a velcro thing. I am not allowed laces :o

;D

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #12 on: 25 March 2015, 21:45:15 »

Very very sad  :(

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 March 2015, 08:56:27 »

So this morning it is being said that one of the pilots was locked out of the cockpit, would that cause the plane to crash??
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

aaronjb

« Reply #14 on: 26 March 2015, 09:05:35 »

Not directly, but if the co-pilot was unconscious (or dead; heart attack at the wheel does happen) and the automatic flight control systems weren't keeping the plane level or weren't turned on for some reason.. and we know there was a safety advisory last year after a similar aircraft entered an uncontrolled descent at the command of the flight control computer and was only recovered after the pilots disconnected all electronic systems from the flight controls (something that, I believe, requires them to exit the cockpit)..

A senior French military official involved in the investigation described a “very smooth, very cool” conversation between the pilots during the early part of the flight from Barcelona, Spain, to Düsseldorf, Germany. Then the audio indicated that one of the pilots left the cockpit and could not re-enter.

“The guy outside is knocking lightly on the door, and there is no answer,” the investigator said. “And then he hits the door stronger, and no answer. There is never an answer.”

He said, “You can hear he is trying to smash the door down.”

I'm going to assume, here, that for the entire length of the descent the pilot knew something was wrong and was trying to fix it - I can only imagine his abject terror at being unable to re-enter the cockpit to regain control of the aircraft for eight minutes. Eight minutes knowing the end is inevitable and there's nothing you can do about it..
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 21 queries.