Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Clarkson sacked  (Read 10082 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Clarkson sacked
« Reply #15 on: 25 March 2015, 11:23:39 »

You might not be too happy but you probably wouldn't give them a kicking either!  ::)

The producer going to ground is the strangest thing about all this.  He's just disappeared!  :o  You'd think that the media would be all over him, camped outside his door and chasing him down the street etc etc.  ::)

Either the BEEB have spirited him away until he's healed up and the dust has settled or he's sold his story to The Fail for lottery money!  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

ted_one

« Reply #16 on: 25 March 2015, 11:29:08 »

I don't think Clarkson and his mates 'work hard' in the true sense, and apart from all the contrived road trips which I find pretty predictable, I would think that ragging top spec super cars round a track...which lets face it most of us would donate a kidney and any other body part that we thought we could live without just for that privilege.And then in addition there's the added bonus of the celeb totty that comes along from time to time......ermm £1 million+ a year for that hard work,then I don't think he was justified if the truth be known, and it's a pity that the guy he had a go at didn't man up to old baggy face and tell him to stop whining and step outside for tear up :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 25 March 2015, 11:56:10 »

If we were talking about a multi millionaire Goldman Sachs banker who had given one of his backroom guys a kicking because he couldn't have steak, everyone would be howling for him to be hung drawn and quartered.....  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #18 on: 25 March 2015, 12:24:11 »

The producer going to ground is the strangest thing about all this.  He's just disappeared!

Dignified silence. Fair play to the lad.
http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 25 March 2015, 12:25:51 »

I know my thoughts are opposite to virtually everyone on here, but I am entitled to my say....

Can't stand the bloke, can't stand Hammond even worse. Can't stand the programme. Hate it, hate it.
Just about tolerate James May....

Wow...I feel much better now :y
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #20 on: 25 March 2015, 12:29:29 »

Heard that Chris Evans was a possible replacement for JC.

A terrible decision if this is true. I like Chris Evans as much as the next man, but trying to replace Clarkson with a proto-Clarkson is a mistake. Yes, Evans has a nice collection of motors, but he also demonstrates a superficial knowledge of cars. The show needs someone completely different to JC, but also a presenter who knows their stuff. Top Gear is not The One Show.

With Evans and Clarkson cut from very similar cloth, the BBC would be asking for trouble. Besides which, I'm sure it would be a disaster for Evans. He might end up being the 'David Moyes' to Clarkson's 'Sir Alex Ferguson'!

;D
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 25 March 2015, 12:34:31 »

I know my thoughts are opposite to virtually everyone on here, but I am entitled to my say....

Can't stand the bloke, can't stand Hammond even worse. Can't stand the programme. Hate it, hate it.
Just about tolerate James May....

Wow...I feel much better now :y

me too.  occasionally it is funny but a stopped clock is right twice a day.  not much relates to cars that real people will ever use, if it it does they use them in ways which we never will eg crossing the channel the wet way (that was the only episode that stands out to me).  the stupid rigged races with bikes cars trains are v irritating.  not that i watch it... :-[

ted_one

« Reply #22 on: 25 March 2015, 13:24:06 »

I don't think old baggy will ever have to worry about money... ever,and I'm pretty sure that he will be snapped up by one of the many networks that are waiting on the sidelines,because love him or hate him he is still hot property.The only question is can he survive in his own right? I personally think he can and will,it just depends in which form.....so I guess if it all goes tits up for him then it's just the small matter of who will bid the most for him. As to a replacement for him on Top Gear...then my two candidates for NOT being given the job are.......Chris Evans and Quentin Wilson ::) and the person to replace Clarky..........MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! :-* :-* :-* :-* :y :y :y :y :y :y :y

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #23 on: 25 March 2015, 13:36:46 »

IIRC, Angela Rippon was the first Top Gear presenter. Time for her to return to the fold?!  ::)  ;D
PM with your requests.

ted_one

« Reply #24 on: 25 March 2015, 13:49:40 »

Yes,I do prefer the more mature woman :-*   and talking of women presenters, please, please, not Jodie Kidd either..as rumoured, because I absolutely cringe at her and Quentin Wilson on the classic car show,she obviously reads her presentation off the the autocue and I find it really distracting. ::)

Kate

• Omega Baron
  • Cornwall
    • Drives people mad
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 25 March 2015, 13:58:48 »

I'd like to see Boris Johnson get the job. :y

He's so daft he makes me laugh. :)

aaronjb

« Reply #26 on: 25 March 2015, 14:01:45 »

No, no, we want Boris as PM..

I guess the license fee will have to go up now to cover what the BBC won't be making from Top Gear anymore..

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 March 2015, 14:14:14 »

NO, please not the ginger t****r to present Top Gear! Even if James and Richard do stay (doubtful), the show will bomb and if they go too then it will serve the BBC right.
People have said during this debate that the show is much bigger than Jeremy - it's not, you know......

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 March 2015, 14:20:17 »

No, no, we want Boris as PM..

I guess the license fee will have to go up now to cover what the BBC won't be making from Top Gear anymore..

...and if unavailable, the Joker, the Riddler, and the Penguin may be up for it. ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 March 2015, 14:21:37 »

NO, please not the ginger t****r to present Top Gear! Even if James and Richard do stay (doubtful), the show will bomb and if they go too then it will serve the BBC right.
People have said during this debate that the show is much bigger than Jeremy - it's not, you know......

Ron.

Yep.....the ginger tw*t would soon wear thin.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 21 queries.