Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Clarkson sacked  (Read 10072 times)

The Sheriff

Re: Clarkson sacked
« Reply #75 on: 27 March 2015, 20:18:51 »

Not condoning Clarkson for what he did, its the BBC that gets my goat. Had he been involved in some seedie child abuse scandal then they would have been at lenghs to cover it up and deny all knowledge of it, no he punches some up jumped producer on the snoz and its headline news.
Top gear did nothing in the way of presenting every day average cars to the normal masses but it was entertaining.
Why is the producer 'jumped up'? Having seen him interviewed a couple of times, he comes across as a perfectly reasonable fella. He has told the police he does not wish to press charges.
No....the fat, self-important buffoon had a childish tantrum and lashed out. Wonder if he'd have done it against a bigger man? Doubt it.
Good riddance.

SteveAvfc.

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • Mv6 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 27 March 2015, 20:51:42 »

Not condoning Clarkson for what he did, its the BBC that gets my goat. Had he been involved in some seedie child abuse scandal then they would have been at lenghs to cover it up and deny all knowledge of it, no he punches some up jumped producer on the snoz and its headline news.
Top gear did nothing in the way of presenting every day average cars to the normal masses but it was entertaining.
Why is the producer 'jumped up'? Having seen him interviewed a couple of times, he comes across as a perfectly reasonable fella. He has told the police he does not wish to press charges.
No....the fat, self-important buffoon had a childish tantrum and lashed out. Wonder if he'd have done it against a bigger man? Doubt it.
Good riddance.

Take it your not a fan then.  ;D As for the producer he got a fat lip yeh, off to A&E then. Three hours in the Hospital taking up NHS nursing time just to be told Ah yes its cut.
« Last Edit: 27 March 2015, 20:54:04 by SteveAvfc. »
If you work and do your best you get the sack just like the rest.

The Sheriff

« Reply #77 on: 27 March 2015, 21:07:41 »

Good riddance.

Take it your not a fan then.  ;D As for the producer he got a fat lip yeh, off to A&E then. Three hours in the Hospital taking up NHS nursing time just to be told Ah yes its cut.
A visit to A&E was necessary in case compensation sets in.

SteveAvfc.

• Omega Knight
  • Bristol
    • Mv6 2.6 V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 27 March 2015, 23:16:48 »

Good riddance.

A visit to A&E was necessary in case compensation sets in.

::) :P
If you work and do your best you get the sack just like the rest.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 28 March 2015, 10:59:56 »

Can anybody here honestly say they have never "assaulted" a work colleague? Be that a good lumping, a shove, or even just verbally?
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #80 on: 28 March 2015, 11:02:36 »

Can anybody here honestly say they have never "assaulted" a work colleague? Be that a good lumping, a shove, or even just verbally?
I doubt that you are too far of the mark there :-[

Working in pressured environments with retards can easily bring out the very worst in people... I have found that age and improved self control have both helped alot... if you know you're getting close, step back physically and mentally, deep breath and move on. Try also to not stress over shit you cannot control :y
« Last Edit: 28 March 2015, 11:14:00 by Taxi Al »

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 28 March 2015, 19:29:15 »

Yes. I thought about this he other day and an honestly say I have never encountered ANY of the above. It would have been a disciplinary procedure for sure. No place for it in the modern world. OK in medieval ISIS world as is wife beating. I hope the police draw the same conclusions.

Let's sum up what we currently know.

1. A boozed up person verbally harangued a person for half an hour before hitting them because there was no HOT food. Plenty of cold buffet food.

2. Those of us that enjoy Top Gear have been deprived of it singly by this man's actions. There will be no The Ferarri the Ferarri v etc. Well Thanks.

3. A million chavs who still live with their mams and make love to the exhaust pipe of their neon Novas , signed a petition to get the man back.

4. He will be back in some form on even more money. The public have very short memories e.g. Ross and Brand with their vile Sachs humour.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

chrisgixer

• Omega Baron
  • Woking ham
  • Banned
    • Irmscher 3.2 Elite lpg
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 28 March 2015, 19:33:47 »

Is there anybody here that doesn't know the potential consequences if they do?

Obviously the answer is no. We all do. Even before this even happened.

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 29 March 2015, 12:20:55 »

Yes. I thought about this he other day and an honestly say I have never encountered ANY of the above. It would have been a disciplinary procedure for sure. No place for it in the modern world. OK in medieval ISIS world as is wife beating. I hope the police draw the same conclusions.

Let's sum up what we currently know.

1. A boozed up person verbally harangued a person for half an hour before hitting them because there was no HOT food. Plenty of cold buffet food.

2. Those of us that enjoy Top Gear have been deprived of it singly by this man's actions. There will be no The Ferarri the Ferarri v etc. Well Thanks.

3. A million chavs who still live with their mams and make love to the exhaust pipe of their neon Novas , signed a petition to get the man back.

4. He will be back in some form on even more money. The public have very short memories e.g. Ross and Brand with their vile Sachs humour.

Now the BBC Director General has received death threats, most likely from these inbreds. These people need shooting in front of their families starting with Clarkson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-32103665

The Sheriff

« Reply #84 on: 29 March 2015, 12:36:54 »

Apparently it was one email, from abroad, that carried the threat. Still.......good publicity eh?

I, personally, couldn't give a flying f*** what happens to Clarkson or top gear, but we live in the social media age, so everything, I mean everything, is of the utmost importance to everyone.

05omegav6

« Reply #85 on: 29 March 2015, 12:41:55 »

Publicity stunt any one?

Getting fired is about tge only legal way to cut a contract short... :-X

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Mr Skrunts

• Get A Life!!
  • Skruntie Land.
  • 3.O Elite Saloon with all the toys,
    • 2003 CD 2.2 Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 07 April 2015, 10:15:34 »

Never say never hey?  ::)  ;)

http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2012/2015/march/guy-martin-responds-to-top-gear-rumours/#.VSK8yNzF9NF

Would be an interesting choice, but TG will never be the same without Clarkson, May and Hammond.
Ask yourself :  " WHY do I believe in what I believe?"

Remember that my opinions expressed here are not representative of the opinions of other members on the OOF Forum.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 07 April 2015, 14:10:54 »

Never say never hey?  ::)  ;)

http://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/news/2012/2015/march/guy-martin-responds-to-top-gear-rumours/#.VSK8yNzF9NF

Would be an interesting choice, but TG will never be the same without Clarkson, May and Hammond.

The Noakes, Singleton and Purves of motoring television. :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 08 April 2015, 00:04:11 »

TG won't be the same, but that doesn't mean with a different team and a fresh approach it can't be successful in a different way, just unlikely with the PC presenters like Clare Balding as Clarkson's replacement etc., etc. ::) :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.