Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless speakers  (Read 3907 times)

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
Re: Wireless speakers
« Reply #30 on: 28 March 2015, 18:30:29 »

What is a 'sender' and does it come with the speakers?

Its the bit that you connect to the line out....and it wifi's to the speakers...and yes it comes with it  :y

Thanks TD, I'll let you know, :y

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 28 March 2015, 18:47:59 »

Personally, to my ears, listening to a good quality album played back on a good quality turntable / tone arm / cartridge combination and amplifier and speakers made in the UK, is infinitely preferable to listening to the same material via any digital means with the same amplifier and speakers.

Maybe I'm just an old fart.... but put a modern digital media source through a valve amplifier and you suddenly realise what's missing in today's products.

Strangely I listen to MP3 media via a £3 MP3 player fed into an NCDC / Bose setup in the car...   :-[ ::) but then, it is a car!!!  ;D

« Last Edit: 28 March 2015, 18:50:07 by VXL V6 »

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 March 2015, 02:53:21 »

You need to go where I'll be on Sunday. :y

http://www.thehifishow.com/

Ah, the pie fi show. Never managed to get to one, probably because I cannot stand some of the obnoxious, self massaging, horn loving c***ts on the forum.

What is it actually like? The show, that is?
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 29 March 2015, 06:52:45 »

Personally, to my ears, listening to a good quality album played back on a good quality turntable / tone arm / cartridge combination and amplifier and speakers made in the UK, is infinitely preferable to listening to the same material via any digital means with the same amplifier and speakers.

Maybe I'm just an old fart.... but put a modern digital media source through a valve amplifier and you suddenly realise what's missing in today's products.

Strangely I listen to MP3 media via a £3 MP3 player fed into an NCDC / Bose setup in the car...   :-[ ::) but then, it is a car!!!  ;D

Absolutely. Digital sound simply cannot replicate the "warmth and authenticity" of good quality vinyl played through a good quality system.
Just as an instrument such as an electric guitar will never sound as good through anything other than a good quality valve amp.
Having said that, it may be the case that "music" recorded in digital form in recent times is a different proposition ?
I wouldn't know,as to my ears 99% of what passes for music these days is an atrocious din. :)
« Last Edit: 29 March 2015, 06:59:14 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

D

• Omega Knight
  • SE London
    • 03 3.2 Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 29 March 2015, 15:15:02 »

Absolutely. Digital sound simply cannot replicate the "warmth and authenticity" of good quality vinyl played through a good quality system.
Just as an instrument such as an electric guitar will never sound as good through anything other than a good quality valve amp.
Having said that, it may be the case that "music" recorded in digital form in recent times is a different proposition ?
I wouldn't know,as to my ears 99% of what passes for music these days is an atrocious din. :)

An Audio Research setup with Sonus Faber speakers would very much have the warmth of a good TT setup. Obviously minus the crackle and pops. And the platter and needle cleaning. And adjustment. And fiddling. Ok, maybe the fiddly bits are part of enjoying the music, but sometimes it can get a bit tiresome when you just want to listen to some music.
Never Argue With A Fool – They Will Drag You Down To Their Level, Then Beat You With Experience!

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 29 March 2015, 21:39:38 »

What is it actually like? The show, that is?

The forum is much like this place. Those who spoil it on-line are either decent people in real life, or never leave their keyboards. They are a really friendly bunch and the show is just fantastic. The only Hi-Fi show I ever bother with.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 30 March 2015, 11:31:46 »

Yes clearly you are lol  ;D ;) :y

You are stating preference to listening to distortion rich sources and amplifiers.....'them were the good ol days'.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 30 March 2015, 11:40:42 »

Well, I found Shackeng his wireless speaker. :y Not sure he's going to like the price, or that Mrs. Shackeng is going to like the styling, but it does what it says on the tin, quite impressively, given that, in terms of designing speakers, it's about as "I wouldn't start here" as you can get:

http://en.devialet.com/phantom/
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 30 March 2015, 15:01:43 »

Well, I found Shackeng his wireless speaker. :y Not sure he's going to like the price, or that Mrs. Shackeng is going to like the styling, but it does what it says on the tin, quite impressively, given that, in terms of designing speakers, it's about as "I wouldn't start here" as you can get:

http://en.devialet.com/phantom/

Ouch! Back to the drawing board, and re-think using the old wired speakers. :-\
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.