Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fault Code 2106  (Read 2916 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Fault Code 2106
« Reply #15 on: 03 November 2017, 00:45:25 »

Ok, just been out again , Sereks suggestion of the Maf was bugging me, so armed with a fully charged battery went back out to play around again.

Its now a non starter, with or without the Maf connected, doesn't want to start, not a sniff, just turns over, Cleared the fault codes, the only one Im getting back now is 0650 (Instrument Bulb?) this particular car (explod) has no SRS/Air Bag Light at all, never has, but has always past the MOT as an advisory (apparently SRS bulb On is a Fail, missing illumination (no bulb) is an advisory), Ive had this before with Ex Plods, something to do with the Fold Flat passenger seat fitted to Plods and Door SRS Seat Sensor?, anyway thats bye the bye, a Police thing maybe, but its not going to effect the starting, so effectively no fault codes.

On the Code 2106 (Autobox TCM fail) ive come to the concussion, that I did swap the ECU years ago for another 3.2 Auto to prove a point and maybe this Code has just stored itself and may or may not have an effect, Ive swapped 3.2 Auto and Manual's ECU in the past and has never been an issue (thats not to say it may bring up a stored code 2106???), all I know for certain is the ECU Mapping is different between the Auto and Manual but not enough to change starting or tickover values  :-\ 

So, thinking back to basics, Crank Sensor or Fuel Delivery (fuel Pump?) and also not going to rule out faulty ECU (ECM for TB), if it is ECU this could be my 3rd one on a 3.2, or 4th if you include a 2.6  >:(

More test tomorrow then, but heres a question, if the Crank Sensor fails does it still pump fuel?, I really cant remember, Ive had a 2.6 (MY2001) that fairly sure did pump fuel and a 3.2 (MY2002) that didn't, but in both cases a replacement CS cured the problem, and , would a faulty Crank Sensor give a rough running before it fails?, Ive always found they can be intermittent but either start or dont start  :-\.

Bearing in mind no (real) fault codes now, anything else I may have missed or should be looking for?, car by the way is 3.2 Manual, late 2003 Ex Police, that run effortlessly until today  :'(
« Last Edit: 03 November 2017, 01:03:27 by zirk »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 November 2017, 01:00:31 »

Purple relays? Fuel pump (assuming fuel in the tank)? Fuse 18? :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 November 2017, 01:08:59 »

Purple relays? Fuel pump (assuming fuel in the tank)? Fuse 18? :-\
Thanks, must admit that wasn't on my list, yea being an 'Estate' it was low (been there, done that), but now has 3rd tank.  ;) also cant help felling were its been stood for a while poss with low fuel, crap from the bottom of the tank  :-\ but its been gradual from ok to worse and now bad as in wont start, again making me think fuel pump  :-\
« Last Edit: 03 November 2017, 01:13:28 by zirk »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 November 2017, 01:13:02 »

Unless the fuel is really old and jellified, it should burn with a degree of enthusiasm...
Onanists always think outside the box.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 November 2017, 01:15:55 »

Unless the fuel is really old and jellified, it should burn with a degree of enthusiasm...
its been stood for about 8 months, but during that time its had a few short blasts to clear the cobwebs.  ;).
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.