Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing Tia: Body found  (Read 8118 times)

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Tia: Body found
« Reply #30 on: 11 August 2012, 13:02:57 »

Now arrested him on suspicion of murder. Hope the bastard gets what he deserves in prison!
He won't get what he fully deserves as he will be placed on the rules as soon as he gets to jail, but the screws are human and as such they do make mistakes from time to time  ;)

I suspect they would not be to keen to stop him getting a kicking either, wait until he had a decent amount.

Of course he has not been found guilty yet, but considering the body was found in the home, leaves very few suspects.

Others arrested, including a woman:o :o

Could be more to this than meets the eye.
yes they arrested grandmother now

albitz

« Reply #31 on: 11 August 2012, 17:51:21 »

Police have now apologised,saying human error was the reason for the delay in locating the body.Just not good enough imo.

Nickbat

« Reply #32 on: 11 August 2012, 18:51:38 »

Police have now apologised,saying human error was the reason for the delay in locating the body.Just not good enough imo.

What else can they do but apologise? Commit hara kiri? Make Tia's mum a millionaire?

We all err on occasions. It doesn't get away from the fact that an odious human murdered a child. The police could not have prevented that, with or without human error. >:(

albitz

« Reply #33 on: 11 August 2012, 19:18:48 »

I agree Nick,but a three bed terraced house should be able to be searched for a body by two officers and a dog within half an hour or so I would have thought.Not many places in a house like that where a body could be secreted.The loft being the most obvious place.
They obviously couldnt have prevented her murder,but the process of discovering what happened and ,beginning the grieving process for the innocent members of the family etc. could have begun a lot sooner. Also the local residents who were searching for hours every day in vain. It must cause emotional upset when they find out the body was in the house all the time despite the police having searched the house two or three times.
It just reinforces the image the police have been saddled with in recent times of not having basic competence when its really needed.
Like a lot of other things in this country these days, they seem to have lost sight of their basic function in some respects and it shows sometimes.Imo the thing which is needed is leadership.Problem needs solving from the top down.
As for the creature  who murdered her,I keep trying to stay opposed to the death penalty,but it gets more difficult with every case of this type. >:(
« Last Edit: 11 August 2012, 19:28:36 by Albitz »

I_want_an_Omega

« Reply #34 on: 11 August 2012, 19:25:02 »

I agree Nick,but a three bed terraced house should be able to be searched for a body by to officers and a dog within half an hour or so I would have thought.Not many places in a house like that where a body could be secreted.The loft being the most obvious place.
They obviously couldnt have prevented her murder,but the process of discovering what happened and tbeginning the grieving process for the innocent members of the family etc. could have begun a lot sooner. Also the local residents who were searching for hours every day in vain must cause emotional upset when they find out the body was in the house all the time despite the police having searched the house two or three times.
It just reinforces the image the police have been saddled with in recent times of not having basic competence when its really needed.
Like a lot of other things in this country these days, they seem to have lost sight of their basic function in some respects and it shows sometimes.Imo the thing which is needed is leadership.Problem needs solving from the top down.
As for the creature  who murdered her,I keep trying to stay opposed to the death penalty,but it gets more difficult with every case of this type. >:(

Which is the point that I made right at the start ............. so I'm glad I'm not the only person at a loss for words. I've not heard/seen anything about the Woman yet ...............

Murph

• Dartford, Kent
    • 2.5 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11 August 2012, 19:38:39 »

Apparently the grandmother, her boyfriend and one of the neighbors are all in custody.

The neighbor has been charged with assisting an offender.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11 August 2012, 23:08:01 »

I agree Nick,but a three bed terraced house should be able to be searched for a body by two officers and a dog within half an hour or so I would have thought.Not many places in a house like that where a body could be secreted.The loft being the most obvious place.

Far be it from me to defend the methods of modern day policing son but conducting such searches isn't quite straightforward.

It is very difficult to pace police action when young people go missing in such circumstances as the nature of the investigation must take account of the existing trauma that most families will be experiencing at the time.

There is also the need to have members of the family and other people close to the investigation maintain an open mind and confidence that the police are not over focussing on any particular person within that group – there’s no need to get people’s back up before it’s absolutely necessary in other words.

Even so, within the confines of a terrace house a victim may be secreted under the floor, behind stud-wall panelling, inside boxes in the depths of a loft or indeed within the loft of any adjoining properties.

So, before conducting an extensive search – which involves disrupting the entire physical standing of the property, investigators must adopt a measured approach – more so when the (usually) distraught members of the family continue to be present thus presenting more difficulties for police officers at the scene than one would imagine.

A particular point to consider is the mistake the police are now making – not only in this case – in allowing the media to drive the content of the information cycle.  There are too many officers eager to get their faces on television (for whatever reason) thereby allowing such speculation to develop at the hands of a less than capable media more interested in publishing the most lurid headlines than anything else.

PLO’s (Press Liaison Officers) are there for a purpose and any successful investigation depends on the sensible and strategic release of information, not a knee-jerk response to pressure from the popular press and the desire within the police command structure to show the public a willing back to whip in the name of accountable policing.

In my view the police will soon be disappearing up their own arses in the name of accountability rather than policing in a robust professional manner.

When all the discussion is done, a child lies dead, several people have been arrested in connection with this, no person has been yet charged as the investigation is at a very early stage and, should any person subsequently appear in court charged with any offence in connection with young Tia’s death, it will be a matter for that court to decide on the guilt or innocence of any accused person - based on the evidence gathered by those who investigated the incident.

The properly constituted court of law is the deciding body in such matters – on foot of properly adduced evidence - not the court of public opinion driven by speculation. 

Nickbat

« Reply #37 on: 11 August 2012, 23:16:50 »

A measured and thoughtful response, young Den!  :y

albitz

« Reply #38 on: 11 August 2012, 23:19:52 »

No room under floorboards or behind walls in a house of that type Den.In large cupboards,wardrobes,possibly behind bath panel,under beds and (more likely) in the loft.Thats about it imo.
The whole system of modern policing has the spotlight shone on it in a case of this type and it looks very much like it has been found wanting imo.

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11 August 2012, 23:32:34 »

Thing is when they searched the house were they looking for a body or clues to the girls disappearance?
I'd imagine the two would be totally different types of operation.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11 August 2012, 23:39:45 »

No room under floorboards or behind walls in a house of that type Den.In large cupboards,wardrobes,possibly behind bath panel,under beds and (more likely) in the loft.Thats about it imo.
The whole system of modern policing has the spotlight shone on it in a case of this type and it looks very much like it has been found wanting imo.

I can't really answer that son as I wasn't at the scene and I suppose we won’t know until such times as evidence is presented to a court (if any person is subsequently charged in this matter).

Your point regarding the standards of modern policing is well made however and I am indeed fearful for the future of professional policing in light of the current trend to affix trendy management strictures on what should be a relatively simple requirement for police officers to uphold the law and protect people

Dishevelled Den

• Omega Queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11 August 2012, 23:41:28 »

Thing is when they searched the house were they looking for a body or clues to the girls disappearance?
I'd imagine the two would be totally different types of operation.

That's an important point J as the approach to each task is poles apart in terms of the action taken.

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 11 August 2012, 23:45:41 »

A gang of bobbies tooled up with crowbars ripping the house apart wouldn't really be the best way of keeping the family onside if the child had been abducted by a stranger as was first thought.
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 11 August 2012, 23:56:09 »

and they have said tonight the area where the body was found WAS searched on a previous visit..
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12 August 2012, 00:54:30 »

A gang of bobbies tooled up with crowbars ripping the house apart wouldn't really be the best way of keeping the family onside if the child had been abducted by a stranger as was first thought.

Indeed. It took as long as it took. Not sure what "human error" has got to do with it.. unless they were in the wrong house. ::)

It took a while to find the yorkshire ripper. Human error too? If only they'd arrested the right bloke first.

It seems, regrettably, that nothing could have saved this child but we now have several strong suspects behind bars before anyone else is hurt. Surely that's what's important?
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.