Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: power sounder  (Read 4774 times)

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
Re: power sounder
« Reply #15 on: 04 April 2019, 19:17:27 »

The power sounder on my car had been removed before I bought it. but the horn that sits next to it used to work when you opened the door with the key after you had locked it with the remote but now only the hazards flash?.
Horn has died as well.

It is very basic - the design probably hasn't changed since GM first started making them in the mid 1920s (at a guess)
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

nellys coupe

• buckinghamshire
    • hyundai coupe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 April 2019, 19:37:27 »

The power sounder on my car had been removed before I bought it. but the horn that sits next to it used to work when you opened the door with the key after you had locked it with the remote but now only the hazards flash?.
this is what has happend to mine just the hazzrds work hence iam going to re instate thew power sounder :y
coupe rebuild master

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 April 2019, 20:14:15 »

this is what has happend to mine just the hazzrds work hence iam going to re instate thew power sounder :y
Stupid idea. Seriously.
Onanists always think outside the box.

MonzaGSE

• Intermediate Member
  • Norway
    • 95 Opel Omega mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 April 2019, 08:07:17 »

If there is no sound from the alarm, replace the standard alarm horn. The powersounder was a vauxhall/uk exclusive and are not found on Opel cars. I have never seen one except on this forum. Alarm works very well without it. As i understand it the only purpose of the power sounder (except setting your car on fire) was to sound the alarm if main battery is disconnected. The bonnet switch will do that job just fine. Will be very hard to disconnect battery without first upsetting the bonnet switch.

2boxerdogs

« Reply #19 on: 05 April 2019, 09:28:22 »

Removed both of ours when we had our Omegas after reading on here the problems they can cause best in my opinion to simply do the same.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.