Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: ROLLING ROAD.............  (Read 6024 times)

Martin_1962

Re: ROLLING ROAD.............
« Reply #15 on: 06 June 2009, 22:43:40 »

Is that crank or rear wheels?

Before mine stuffed itself on Thursday I matched a 3.0 speed at a certain spot without really trying.

Hopefully it will run again tomorrow
A cam locating pin fell out
It will run again tomorrow! have faith! it might run like a bag of sh*te but it will run..
no seriousley mate I really do hope youv'e got away with it! fingers crossed :y :y

Thanks

I was amazed all the valves were OK, I was in the rain popping them out turning them around and seein gno runout.

Put petrol in the ports, didn't go down over 15 minutes.

At about 16:45 the light was too bad I was cold, tired and wet and cam belt was next job, so finished.

Just got to torque the pulleys, fit cam belt, cover, aux belt, bagpipes, plenum, bolt up exhaust, drop a little oil (rain got in), then hope for best

Martin_1962

« Reply #16 on: 06 June 2009, 22:44:49 »

Great figures whatever Mike, I think the 2.6 is now pretty tunable - I am considering a remap if it survives to October.

ally_cover_expert

« Reply #17 on: 06 June 2009, 22:55:07 »

Is that crank or rear wheels?

Before mine stuffed itself on Thursday I matched a 3.0 speed at a certain spot without really trying.

Hopefully it will run again tomorrow
A cam locating pin fell out
It will run again tomorrow! have faith! it might run like a bag of sh*te but it will run..
no seriousley mate I really do hope youv'e got away with it! fingers crossed :y :y

Thanks

I was amazed all the valves were OK, I was in the rain popping them out turning them around and seein gno runout.

Put petrol in the ports, didn't go down over 15 minutes.

At about 16:45 the light was too bad I was cold, tired and wet and cam belt was next job, so finished.

Just got to torque the pulleys, fit cam belt, cover, aux belt, bagpipes, plenum, bolt up exhaust, drop a little oil (rain got in), then hope for best[/
quote]
This is what its all about, getting your hands dirty! we are the last of a dying breed.
 The youth of today just can't be arsed with repairing anything!
God help us when we end up in nursing homes :'(

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06 June 2009, 23:03:13 »

That figure will be at the crank, I think. Still, very encouraging.  :y

Couldn't they find a bigger fan to keep 'er cool, then?  ;D

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

AndyVXR300

• Omega Knight
  • Astra VXR it's a way of life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 06 June 2009, 23:04:59 »

Great figures whatever Mike, I think the 2.6 is now pretty tunable - I am considering a remap if it survives to October.

Remapping is the way forward Martin :y
WWW.VXRONLINE.CO.UK

feeutfo

« Reply #20 on: 07 June 2009, 01:46:17 »

crank would have thought, 3 3.2's at the oof abs rolling road day all put out 180 at the wheels and 230 ish calculated at the crank iirc. 50 lost in the drive train would suggest a manual box next mike....perhaps not.

abs light on?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 June 2009, 02:24:10 »

Losses at a rolling road are misleading. Remember the wheels are strapped down onto two rollers - so 2 contact patches instead of one, and a good bit of extra weight on the wheels. If you were really losing 50 BHP in the drivetrain it would overheat very quickly.

The calibration of the drivetrain losses also doesn't normally work very well with an automatic gearbox.

Incidentally, I saw a similar rolling road at a kit car show recently. Car went on it with a bit of gravel in the tread. Gravel flew out like bullets, mercifully missed the spectators and shattered the driver's side window of the operator's van. :o

Kevin
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 June 2009, 08:14:29 »

Losses at a rolling road are misleading. Remember the wheels are strapped down onto two rollers - so 2 contact patches instead of one, and a good bit of extra weight on the wheels. If you were really losing 50 BHP in the drivetrain it would overheat very quickly.

The calibration of the drivetrain losses also doesn't normally work very well with an automatic gearbox.

Incidentally, I saw a similar rolling road at a kit car show recently. Car went on it with a bit of gravel in the tread. Gravel flew out like bullets, mercifully missed the spectators and shattered the driver's side window of the operator's van. :o

Kevin

Agreed!!! auto,s are actually a variable torque multiplyer and no program written yet can extrapolate it correctly, rr operators usually lock in third, to minimise the impact, but its still a fact that auto,s consistently read higher than a manual , purely because of the variable drive, however not taking anything away form the result Mick,
thats damn good for a diesel ;D ;D ;D

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 07 June 2009, 08:21:22 »

crank would have thought, 3 3.2's at the oof abs rolling road day all put out 180 at the wheels and 230 ish calculated at the crank iirc. 50 lost in the drive train would suggest a manual box next mike....perhaps not.

abs light on?

Not sure whether ABS light on, and the car is already a manual, according to the printout looks like the car was in third gear. They also do remap's aswell at £250, was tempted but decided not too.

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 07 June 2009, 08:22:47 »

Kevin

Agreed!!! auto,s are actually a variable torque multiplyer and no program written yet can extrapolate it correctly, rr operators usually lock in third, to minimise the impact, but its still a fact that auto,s consistently read higher than a manual , purely because of the variable drive, however not taking anything away form the result Mick,
thats damn good for a diesel ;D ;D ;D

That's what I thought :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07 June 2009, 10:20:37 »

abs light on?

Not sure whether ABS light on, and the car is already a manual, according to the printout looks like the car was in third gear. They also do remap's aswell at £250, was tempted but decided not too.

Excellent, that confirms the work done has achieved its goals  :y

You might get a bit more with exhaust changes on yours to as I am sure the centre sections are original.

And (excluding repairs), all for less than the cost of a chip!
« Last Edit: 07 June 2009, 10:22:06 by Mark »

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 07 June 2009, 10:29:01 »

abs light on?

Excellent, that confirms the work done has achieved its goals  :y

You might get a bit more with exhaust changes on yours to as I am sure the centre sections are original.

And (excluding repairs), all for less than the cost of a chip!

Nothing has been done to the exhaust since I have had it, only the back box......would replacement sections be same as existing or something else, stainless?

MikeDundee

• Omega Lord
  • Costa Del Peckham
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07 June 2009, 10:32:45 »

If the standard was 176 bhp before the work done then an increase of 18.9bhp so yes excellent indeed :y

steverubberduck

• Kidderminster
  • MV6 BABY!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 07 June 2009, 15:31:48 »

whats the differance between clutch and pedal hp?
My printout says 215 bhp at the clutch, and 241 max torque.
I know that's a little better than the 2.6, but looks a good difference.
It's also nice to show the results together  :y

Martin_1962

« Reply #29 on: 07 June 2009, 16:13:37 »

We need to see the graph Mike.

They are fun these tweaked 2.6s aren't they ;D ;D :y
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.