Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toyota Avensis oxygen/lambda sensor help  (Read 1772 times)

joshwyatt

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford
    • View Profile
Toyota Avensis oxygen/lambda sensor help
« on: 08 June 2009, 11:33:37 »

Hello Everyone,
A family member has a 2000 2.0 Avensis estate and the EML light is on, read fault code and is bank 2 sensor 2 fault. I know bank 2 is cylinders 2 and 3, but sensor 2...is that post or pre cat? I'd assume post cat as it's sensor 2 but can't ever assume things. I've been put in charge of fixing it, even though I know nothing about Toyota's and all I know about fixing cars is from the great knowledge from this site. I did suggest he sold it and bought an Omega lol, then I'd have a vague chance of working out how to do things to it. I know this is an Omega forum but don't know who else to ask as someone on here always knows the answer to a question.

Miggy24

• Exeter,Devon
    • View Profile
Re: Toyota Avensis oxygen/lambda sensor help
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2009, 15:45:58 »

>:( >:( >:( >:(

feeutfo

Re: Toyota Avensis oxygen/lambda sensor help
« Reply #2 on: 10 June 2009, 00:53:50 »

i have asked a few non omega car questions on here and nobody minded. They where very helpfull in fact. Not quite as quick coming forward with info but i wider base of experience is needed, esp in your case, so thats not suprising.

I would be assuming the same as you are. But dont know for sure, if the code is obd 2 post it up. Should be able to help as most are communal, some are manufacturer specific. As with most codes ime, its important to establish if the code relates to a fault with the sensor itself or what the sensor is reporting. Or at least bare this in mind.

Link for codes below, there is a toyota link also
http://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.