Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Gatwick  (Read 29742 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Gatwick
« on: 20 December 2018, 00:28:38 »

Did no one tell Dr G that he can't play with his drone during his tea break?  ???  :o  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Gatwick
« Reply #1 on: 20 December 2018, 01:06:01 »

Wasn't me...  ::)

Not sure quite what is going on tbh :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 December 2018, 02:45:53 »

I suspect that it is a coordinated and planned 'attack' designed to cause maximum disruption in light of the recent application to use the Northern Runway simultaneously...

The local anti runway sandal wearers are a devious bunch...

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 December 2018, 08:15:21 »

I suspect that it is a coordinated and planned 'attack' designed to cause maximum disruption in light of the recent application to use the Northern Runway simultaneously...

The local anti runway sandal wearers are a devious bunch...

I suspect you’re possibly right. NIMBYs are a selfish lot.

I hope the police have some luck in tracking the culprits down and charge them for the costs of the disruption as well as the criminal charges. Bunch of selfish idiots.
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 December 2018, 08:27:41 »

How lng before airports etc have their own seek and destroy drones?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20 December 2018, 08:30:40 »

A bit of an own goal as well... Once flying resumes, it will probably mean constant traffic right around to this time tomorrow as all the aircraft come back, (lunchtime onwards most likely) and start playing catch up with todays flights.

Those responsible should be taken through the terminals to see just what effect their actions have had on thousands of people. With the recent legislation changes, they can expect to do five years for each incursion.  >:(

2boxerdogs

« Reply #6 on: 20 December 2018, 08:33:23 »

HMPS now has their own drones to deal with the items that are dropped/ flown into establishments, should bring a bit of excitement to the workplace 😀

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 December 2018, 08:34:23 »

Currently have a selection of rifles and shotguns, ostensibly for wildlife management purposes, but I suspect that this event will see the acquisition of something more sophisticated...

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 December 2018, 09:36:14 »

Currently have a selection of rifles and shotguns, ostensibly for wildlife management purposes, but I suspect that this event will see the acquisition of something more sophisticated...

Apparently the Police won't attempt to shoot the drones down for safety reasons.  ???

I think most people would think "Just shoot the bastards down so we can get our flight!"   ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20 December 2018, 09:59:30 »

Apparently the Police won't attempt to shoot the drones down for safety reasons.  ???

I think most people would think "Just shoot the bastards down so we can get our flight!"   ;D

Can't see how it can possibly be any less safe than shooting at anything else, TBH. Any potential "safety issue" is with the shooter rather than the shootee, surely? ::)

Either this "drone" has a ruddy long endurance or it's a coordinated attack by quite a few and there's lots of LiPo charging going on somewhere.

Hmm. TheBoy has been quiet lately... :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20 December 2018, 10:07:38 »

That's pretty much the concensus on Twitter at the moment. Shooting them down now it's daylight should be a forgone conclusion, but allowing them to fly increases the chance of a successful prosecution. After all, the bulk of the disruption has already happened... I wouldn't be at all surprised if flights are canned for the day to enable the situation to be fully resolved, with the displaced aircraft being returned to Gatwick overnight ready for a clean start tomorrow.

I suspect that the idiots involved are swapping batteries whilst moving location, thereby avoiding detection and enabling the sustained disruption. And as they're clearly organised, it stands to reason they are running shifts.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20 December 2018, 10:24:37 »

Idiots wasn't my choice of word  ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20 December 2018, 13:33:09 »

Can't see how it can possibly be any less safe than shooting at anything else, TBH. Any potential "safety issue" is with the shooter rather than the shootee, surely? ::)

Either this "drone" has a ruddy long endurance or it's a coordinated attack by quite a few and there's lots of LiPo charging going on somewhere.

I wonder if he had a delayed flight or similar there recently ?  :-\ ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 20 December 2018, 14:10:42 »

I wonder if he had a delayed flight or similar there recently ?  :-\ ;D
Surely not. We're looking for the type of personality who'll readily blow a gasket and let out Mr. Angry when subjected to a minor inconvenience by a service industry, or printer driver, here. Actually, now you mention it... :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20 December 2018, 15:30:35 »

News says police marksmen are at the scene. Ideally they should be at the scene of the houses of whoever owns the drones.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.