Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Bloody egay  (Read 8214 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Bloody egay
« Reply #15 on: 28 May 2020, 18:27:49 »

Its also been reported by egay is so slow on all but the fastest PCs (and even causes them to light up their fans) - they are getting a 3rd party to track you via javascript that generates a fingerprint every page load, to bypass the ad tracking blockers people load, which it then uploads to said 3rd party. Its quite CPU intensive.

Because also egay is laced with embedded ads, most of these ads also use either the same (or a competing) scripts, so you can be fingerprinted 10-20 times per page.

Epic work, egay.
It's fine on my iPad @70Mbs.
Guessing its a fairly recent iPad. Though the fact its a mobile OS may help block their shenanigans.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 May 2020, 18:28:35 »

You need a fibreglass/acrylic bath rather than the Faraday cage you're currently sat in :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 May 2020, 19:00:55 »

I run my laptop, phones & tablets on the 5g network :P

No-one else around here is on the 5g network.

Tv, Humax and desktop via ethernet.
« Last Edit: 28 May 2020, 19:02:40 by Auto Addict »
I like red cars

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 May 2020, 19:20:05 »

No wonder New Edge still works then ;D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 28 May 2020, 19:30:59 »

Its that bad, I might get some more routers and just blat the 2.4Ghz band, and move to a 4G dongle myself. Though then I cant use network devices.

Obviously, I'd have to turn off those 13 routers when I wanted to fly something, or play with the RC cars.
Pretty much what I use, have done for years ever since BT thought it was a good idea to dribble 1 to 4mbs on Broadband around here.

I use a Netgear Nighthawk LTE Gigabit Router not the best but it's a decent LTE Cat16 spec which delivers me 250 to 420mbs down and a reasonable 150 up, all depending on what's happening on the M25 just down the road, the 4G SIM which is actually a 5G UL Plan deliverers my needs and doesn't cost me much because been with them for years now and beats anything that Virgin or BT can currently offer.

Prior to the Nighthawk I was using a Cradlepoint LTE Router with all the bells and whistles untill they decided last year they wanted $200 a year Licence just so I can access my Router, so that went, which was a shame because it was a bullet proof device.

Also go an Huawei 5G LTE Box sitting around somewhere doing nothing just waiting for EE or Voda to give me some 5G Coverage around here. 

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 May 2020, 19:58:44 »

5GHz has a limited range here (5GHz generally has poor penetration), depending which way the Shermans are pointing their radars at RAF Croughton.  Oddly enough, the usual radar shared frequencies work better, but suffer a 5 minute dropout as per the legal requirements when the AP channel hops.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 May 2020, 20:01:48 »

Its that bad, I might get some more routers and just blat the 2.4Ghz band, and move to a 4G dongle myself. Though then I cant use network devices.

Obviously, I'd have to turn off those 13 routers when I wanted to fly something, or play with the RC cars.
Pretty much what I use, have done for years ever since BT thought it was a good idea to dribble 1 to 4mbs on Broadband around here.

I use a Netgear Nighthawk LTE Gigabit Router not the best but it's a decent LTE Cat16 spec which delivers me 250 to 420mbs down and a reasonable 150 up, all depending on what's happening on the M25 just down the road, the 4G SIM which is actually a 5G UL Plan deliverers my needs and doesn't cost me much because been with them for years now and beats anything that Virgin or BT can currently offer.

Prior to the Nighthawk I was using a Cradlepoint LTE Router with all the bells and whistles untill they decided last year they wanted $200 a year Licence just so I can access my Router, so that went, which was a shame because it was a bullet proof device.

Also go an Huawei 5G LTE Box sitting around somewhere doing nothing just waiting for EE or Voda to give me some 5G Coverage around here.
For me, as the router <> Internet connection is rock solid, and its the device <> router (well, AP in my case) thats failing.  Hence was thinking of a 4G dongle plugged straight into the laptop.  Checked my dongles yesterday, looks like they are all 3G.

Decisions decisions
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07 June 2020, 11:04:55 »

For me, as the router <> Internet connection is rock solid, and its the device <> router (well, AP in my case) thats failing.  Hence was thinking of a 4G dongle plugged straight into the laptop.  Checked my dongles yesterday, looks like they are all 3G.

Decisions decisions
5+ years ago I would have said a 3G dongle will work fine but there's not much Bandwidth left on 3G these days most of it has been ReFarmed for 4G+  use.

4G Dongles now are pretty much useless for proper LTE speeds , 4G+ / LTE Plus is all about Carrier Aggregation and Multi Aerial MIMO these days something a Dongle probably won't support unless it's a really good one

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08 June 2020, 18:21:01 »

Decisions decisions
5+ years ago I would have said a 3G dongle will work fine but there's not much Bandwidth left on 3G these days most of it has been ReFarmed for 4G+  use.

4G Dongles now are pretty much useless for proper LTE speeds , 4G+ / LTE Plus is all about Carrier Aggregation and Multi Aerial MIMO these days something a Dongle probably won't support unless it's a really good one
I was thinking for the bath. So as long as its fast enough for a bit of email and OOF...
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 19 June 2020, 21:08:01 »

So, item that I bought last weekend, estimated to be here this week hasn't turned up yet.  Seller marked as dispatched on Monday.  RM say label has been purchased, but has yet to be scanned anywhere.

Whats the betting that the seller claims it was posted on Monday, but RM are struggling with sniffle issues.  We all know reality, the lazy oppswit CBA to post it, as is becoming so common with back bedroom egayers.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #25 on: 19 June 2020, 21:12:07 »

This not just eBay. I often order stuff from Amazon marketplace, delivery in, say, one week. Five minutes later I get an email saying the order has been dispatched, so I can no longer cancel. More like some prick pressing the order dispatched button as soon as it hits his laptop.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 19 June 2020, 21:29:10 »

Whats the betting that the seller claims it was posted on Monday, but RM are struggling with sniffle issues.  We all know reality, the lazy oppswit CBA to post it, as is becoming so common with back bedroom egayers.

I've just had exactly this .... supposed to be delivered between Mon & Wed just gone .... it arrived Thursday pm. It was only coming from 15 miles away

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 19 June 2020, 21:32:44 »

..... and I've just upset another eBayer by suggesting the 'high temp brake caliper paint' I bought from him was actually Hammerite Smooth. I think the neutral feedback tipped him over the edge!  ::) ::)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 19 June 2020, 21:43:09 »

Ordered two books from E-bay seller on Monday evening and they arrived by RM with Wednesdays post.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 19 June 2020, 21:48:55 »

As a seller I only leave feedback once i have received it and anything I list clearly states shipping within two working days (when it actually gets posted depends on when in the day they pay for it, but it gives me a clearly defined window to get it posted/collected) and as a buyer I wait until I have actually used/fitted the item.

Have only twice left imperfect feedback. Once was for Eurocraparts or their alterego... Craparts4less? they got the full thieving liar feedback, and the other was some shitty Chinese tat that I spent a tenner on just incase it worked... It didn't so the rating was neutral and the verbal was along the lines of buying a tenners worth of jello was more use than the shite they were selling.

But generally I try to verify before I buy that it is what I am expecting, that way there's never a surprise.

That's the theory anyways...
« Last Edit: 19 June 2020, 21:53:22 by Doctor Gollum »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 21 queries.