Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30   Go Down

Author Topic: Theresa or Jeremy?  (Read 47124 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Theresa or Jeremy?
« Reply #345 on: 28 May 2017, 23:12:39 »

I saw a good conspiracy theory earlier on arsebook, and it goes something like this.  :)

The Tories snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and Labour win the election.  Subsequently Jeremy Corbyn and his BREXIT team are so weak in the negotiations with the EU, that they pretty much cave in to all and any demands that the EU make.

The proposed deal is so bad that there is a clamour from opposition parties ( including the Tories) and the general public for a second referendum, which the Labour government agree to.  The result of the referendum is resoundingly to stay in the EU.

The whole thing is orchestrated by global big business and other shadowy organisations such as the Bilderberg Group who want Britain to stay in the EU.  ::)
« Last Edit: 28 May 2017, 23:14:29 by Sir Tigger QC »
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 29 May 2017, 09:12:29 »

I saw a good conspiracy theory earlier on arsebook, and it goes something like this.  :)

The Tories snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and Labour win the election.  Subsequently Jeremy Corbyn and his BREXIT team are so weak in the negotiations with the EU, that they pretty much cave in to all and any demands that the EU make.

The proposed deal is so bad that there is a clamour from opposition parties ( including the Tories) and the general public for a second referendum, which the Labour government agree to.  The result of the referendum is resoundingly to stay in the EU.

The whole thing is orchestrated by global big business and other shadowy organisations such as the Bilderberg Group who want Britain to stay in the EU.  ::)

I suppose this means rejoin, as Article 15 has already been triggered. :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 29 May 2017, 09:36:45 »

I suppose this means rejoin, as Article 50 has already been triggered. :-\

There's nothing in the treaties that says that Article 50 can't be withdrawn once delivered and up until March 2019 the UK is still a member of the EU.  ;)

A lot of unexpected things could happen in the next 22 months!  :o  ::)

symes

• Omega Baron
  • oxford
  • Madness is a state of i dont mind
    • R reg 940 volvo
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 29 May 2017, 10:42:42 »

I think that whatever happens we the people will be told what we are having as we seem to be treated like children with over protective parents in this country
1998 volvo 940 turbo 225bhp +1965 Rover 5000 v8+ 1962 ford consul 375 lowrider

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 29 May 2017, 23:11:40 »

Watched the leaders debate thing on SKY tonight. I thought Corbyn was slippery and sinister. Its more about what he doesn't say than what he does say.nMay was unimpressive and dreary.
She will still win though.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #350 on: 30 May 2017, 15:31:07 »

Corbyn's speech in Watford this afternoon may just have killed his chances. No one, I think, wants to return to the days of positive discrimination, and my guess is that's where we'd end up.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: 30 May 2017, 16:05:31 »

I could see my desk in the Sky debate, the shots for advert breaks show building I work in  8)

But yes, could not stand Corbyn with his stance on MI5 and defence, was a disgrace.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 30 May 2017, 16:36:29 »

Watched the leaders debate thing on SKY tonight. I thought Corbyn was slippery and sinister. Its more about what he doesn't say than what he does say.nMay was unimpressive and dreary.
She will still win though.

How about a tenner on that nice Mr Nuttall to take the top job. ::)

He's scouser like STMO so as honest as the day is long. :)

aaronjb

« Reply #353 on: 31 May 2017, 07:28:45 »

Corbyn's speech in Watford this afternoon may just have killed his chances. No one, I think, wants to return to the days of positive discrimination, and my guess is that's where we'd end up.

Yet the news this morning is all about a poll predicting a hung parliament, Tory losses etc..

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 31 May 2017, 08:09:21 »

Hung parliament?

Two years of muddling along. No Brexit deal.  Now that is something to look forward to...... :o

The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

aaronjb

« Reply #355 on: 31 May 2017, 08:11:27 »

Hung parliament?

Two years of muddling along. No Brexit deal.  Now that is something to look forward to...... :o

Mr Sainsbury (not his real name, the man at the top of Sainsbury's PLC) was also on the news saying "Two years is not enough time to negotiate any kind of Brexit deal, so there will most likely be no deal" etc etc. More doom & gloom to drive voters toward Corbyn or the SNP with their indyref2

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: 31 May 2017, 09:23:08 »

Wouldnt surprise me if it took ten years. The EU has never shown itself to be nimble plus the negotiators are not targetted with "you must achieve a deal by .... date" unlike private business.

The Unwrapping of Greenland took a long time and they only really had fishing to consider.

No , i can see it being a right drawn out mess unless we hand over the 100 billion ransom soon.

Interesting article in the Independent today explaining how the already over burdened NHS will struggle under the cost of returning for healthcare retired expats in the event of no reciprocal  deal.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

aaronjb

« Reply #357 on: 31 May 2017, 09:30:47 »

NHS will struggle under the cost of returning for healthcare retired expats in the event of no reciprocal  deal.

I say we lock them all oooh hi Varche ;) ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 31 May 2017, 10:18:36 »

Interesting article in the Independent today explaining how the already over burdened NHS will struggle under the cost of returning for healthcare retired expats in the event of no reciprocal  deal.

There's a similar article on the BBC, but it dosn't take account of the fact that if there is no reciprocal health deal, then the NHS is under no obligation to provide free treatment to the 3 million odd (that we know about) EU citizens living in the UK.  ;)

But of course any suggestion that the NHS wouldn't provide free treatment to people from other countries would get the leftie luvvies frothing at the mouth.  ::)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 31 May 2017, 10:27:19 »

It is apples and pears you are comparing.

Firstly most of the EU nationals are working in the UK and thus entitled to healthcare for themselves and dependents. Most of the expats abroad and certainly where Spain is concerned are retired. The UK currently pays an annual per capita fee for them to have free healthcare. Without that most couldnt afford private healthcare which in any case would exclude existing health conditions plus they would have to pay for medicine which currently costs just ten per cent.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 22 queries.