Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: reset heating  (Read 3644 times)

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
reset heating
« on: 22 November 2015, 23:15:17 »

I know i am thick  but please explain exactly to me how i reset the heating flaps,,,i have read the info but still dont get it...,i know you hold down auto and off buttons for approx 5 secs....but is that with ignition off or on....engine running or not,,,heating on or off....eco on or off,,,i have tried but all it does is increase the fan speed to full,,so i know i am doing something wrong..please..thanks  :-\ :-\

edgi

• leeds
    • omega 2.5 v6 elite
    • View Profile
Re: reset heating
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2015, 23:41:09 »

Hi there,
Turn everything off, then with your left hand (thumb on on/off button - finger on auto button) hold both buttons and remain held as you turn ignition on (no need to start engine) keep buttons pressed until you hear the heater reset (could take 5 - 30 seconds)

Thats how ive done mine a couple of times so hopefully should be same as yours.

:)

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 November 2015, 00:03:48 »

thank you....i will give that a go......as i havent done it that way around..cheers. :y

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 November 2015, 00:05:16 »

The reset process can be done with engine on while the heater is on or off, Just do as above press and hold AUTO & the ON/OFF button at the same time till you hear some weird noises.. that's the way I've done it for years, Unless that's been the wrong way of going about it  :-X ;D

edgi

• leeds
    • omega 2.5 v6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 November 2015, 11:28:19 »

thank you....i will give that a go......as i havent done it that way around..cheers. :y

No problem, if you get stuck with anything just post back.

Is there any specific reason why it needs resetting? i.e are you have any problems with the heating

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23 November 2015, 16:57:23 »

yep  before having head gasket replaced heater was red hot  since then just getting worse as temps outside drop and now barely any heat at all......so today reset as advised and appears to have reset it,,but still cold.....noticed temp was only going up to 80 degrees and then dropping...( that stat was new 4 months ago )..so replaced stat today with a genuine one and now after bleeding system stat goes up to around 90 degrees and then opens,,so thats sorted that out but heater still cold......the top heater hose is hot but the bottom one is cold .....so tomorrow going to take air pipe off the h.b.valve and put a screw in the end and then see what happens,,...dont see why the heater rad should be blocked but there again you never know....all i know is it was quite cold out side today so not the weather to do these jobs..but being without a heater isnt any fun....strange thing is the last omega i had suffered with the same thing after a head gasket was replaced and it peed me off so much that i scrapped the car and then bought this one....so back to square one... :-\ :-\

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 November 2015, 17:30:43 »

When the coolant is warm and the heating set to hot do the transfer pipes on the left in drivers footwell get warm?

edgi

• leeds
    • omega 2.5 v6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 November 2015, 19:39:31 »

Im having same problem, started with water pump failure so changed that, did usual top up sytem and run up to temp to bleed it, since then theres no heat in the cab, still had a water leak and changed hbv, didnt sort leak or temp, gauge reads 90 while driving and up to about 97 when stood still til fan kicks in. sorted the leak out as split in a pipe and coolant burning off on exhaust so couldnt see signs of a leak, tried a couple of times to reset heater control.
i even tried the screw in hbv vacuum pipe but no joy, next thing to do is flush matrix or replace with old hbv incase the replacement is faulty but other than that only thing i can think of is a vacuum problem somewhere but as you say the weather is not on our side at the moment. plus with me using the car regular i dont fancy burning my hands on a hot engine. i hope to tackle it in next few days and find the cause. when car is idling the fan blows cold, but hard throttle and starts to blow warm.
if i sort it i will let you know as could help you get nearer to solving yours, in the mean time do keep us posted as could help others with same problem

Cheers
« Last Edit: 23 November 2015, 19:42:35 by edgi »

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 November 2015, 21:35:06 »

tonight took off the air vac tube to the h b valve and put a screw in the pipe but no real difference,,,,am i correct in thinking that because it works on air vac that if i connect a long piece of tubing to the h b valve and put one hand around the valve apply suction via the tubing that you should feel the valve opening and closing ....to answer the other question about the pipes in the cabin..to the heater matrix the top one is hot and the bottom one is hardly warm.....so is it the h b valve or the matrix...thanks....

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 November 2015, 21:38:23 »

tonight took off the air vac tube to the h b valve and put a screw in the pipe but no real difference,,,,am i correct in thinking that because it works on air vac that if i connect a long piece of tubing to the h b valve and put one hand around the valve apply suction via the tubing that you should feel the valve opening and closing ....to answer the other question about the pipes in the cabin..to the heater matrix the top one is hot and the bottom one is hardly warm.....so is it the h b valve or the matrix...thanks....

AFAIK if the top hose gets hot then the HBV has opened as it should....  especially if the top of the HBV is "open" to atmosphere as you've disconnected the vac. It needs vac to close... so IMHO the HBV sounds good .. and the matrix sounds blocked ... :(

edgi

• leeds
    • omega 2.5 v6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 23 November 2015, 21:44:16 »

I agree with entwood, sounds more likely to be matrix at fault, flush it with a hose pipe until water runs clear and then back flush it, see how it goes after that.
Both my matrix pipes get hot but gonna get round to flushing anyway just to rule it out.
Im not too sure about applying suction to the vacuum line but i should imagine it would do as you said.
« Last Edit: 23 November 2015, 21:58:31 by edgi »

Sir Sideways

• Intermediate Member
  • Sideways in Staffordshire
    • PFL 3.0 Auto Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 23 November 2015, 22:00:05 »

Mine has just started playing up today, it wont reset. Just looked behind the glovebox and found the arm had come off so I pooped it back on. ive tried to reset it all but nothing happens apart from some clicking behind the climate panel. none of the motors or flaps move and the air recirc is not working neither is the direction. earlier everything worked.

Could someone point me in the right direction please

Regards

Jim

edgi

• leeds
    • omega 2.5 v6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 23 November 2015, 22:11:28 »

Mine has just started playing up today, it wont reset. Just looked behind the glovebox and found the arm had come off so I pooped it back on. ive tried to reset it all but nothing happens apart from some clicking behind the climate panel. none of the motors or flaps move and the air recirc is not working neither is the direction. earlier everything worked.

Could someone point me in the right direction please

Regards

Jim

on your climate panel does it show the temp setting and fan setting or is it just (--) on the display?

flyer 0712

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 23 November 2015, 22:14:55 »

thanks for the replies....looks like cuts and bruises time then to disconnect the heater hoses and flush the system as suggested and then go from there...forecast is rain and it has just began 10pm,,,as i am doing this outside will have to wait and see how the weather goes,,cold is not so bad as you dont feel the cuts and bruises on your hands until you thaw out,, ;D ;D..but i hate getting soaked...will let you know the result...again thank you all, :y :y

Sir Sideways

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 23 November 2015, 22:17:56 »

temperature is still shown and can be controlled. I wonder if its a fuse

edgi

• leeds
    • omega 2.5 v6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 23 November 2015, 22:28:55 »

Your welcome and good luck  :y
the matrix pipes can be tricky but keep wiggling them with a bit of force and they will come off, double check when you reattach them that they have clicked back in properly.

temperature is still shown and can be controlled. I wonder if its a fuse

If the fan blower is not working then i would check the fuses first then look it to the wiring behind the climate panel and on the air blower.

Sir Sideways

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 23 November 2015, 22:41:38 »

ok thank you very much. Ill check fuses tomorrow. The wiring for the controls (auto and manual) is bypassed and controlled by 2 switches but this is a separate issue. ill report back tomorrow

Thanks again

Jim

Sir Sideways

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 November 2015, 22:42:02 »

fan blower is working btw

edgi

• leeds
    • omega 2.5 v6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 November 2015, 22:53:38 »

Could be down to your servo unit, a retaining clip could have come loose or rod popped off which wouldnt allow the flaps to operate. the 'arm' u mention could have come off again, or at the other end. it would be a case of tracing items from behind the climate panel and see if anything is missing/broken, it can be a pain because of access.

Sir Sideways

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 24 November 2015, 20:40:53 »

Update with success. Took out climate panel which revealed no trapped wires, checked all fuses under steering wheel and none had blown. Air recirc arm was still attached, popped it off and pushed on the recirc flap. This kind of popped open and then freely opened and closed, put arm back on and gave it a couple of light pushed to move the actuator at which point I could hear the motors moving. I then changed the air direction to the top vent and IT WORKED. I then reset it all and its now its back to normal. RESULT!

Thanks for the help

edgi

• leeds
    • omega 2.5 v6 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 November 2015, 20:48:07 »

:y :y :y Glad you have it sorted

Sir Sideways

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 24 November 2015, 20:57:33 »

Thanks  :y. TBH of all the car forums ive ever been on for 15 years+, OOF is by far the most helpful.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.