Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: head lights  (Read 368 times)

ali

• hertfordshire
    • View Profile
head lights
« on: 07 May 2009, 13:49:14 »

Pete failed Mot on offside adjuster not working. A while back I won a pair of "good working lights" on an auction site ;) They have finally arrived and there are lots of broken pieces of black plastic in the box, not sure from where? and the offside light has no adjuster ( broken off, not in box ) I had asked the specific question about adjusters as had been warned on here they tend to break. My own fault for getting them this way but now what do I do?
The lenses on Syd lights are not in good condition so could I take lenses of new ones put on Syd, take adjuster from the one good one and put on Pete? Or should I just look for 2 new pairs :( :( :( :(  As Pete is going as soon as it has mot, I dont want to spend to much money on it, Syds staying ;)

Welung666

Re: head lights
« Reply #1 on: 07 May 2009, 14:12:38 »

If you rock the new headlights forward and backward does the chrome inner reflector move with your movements? Stands a change the adjuster are broken from bad packing/dropping en route. They are repairable with lots of patience and a big tube of araldite :P Or as you say just swop the lenses, lots of hairdrier action and a gentle pull gradually working round (easier starting from indicator end) it'll come off. Are the new headlights the same as the fitted ones as the lenses are different between the older H/L's and the Projectors/HID's :y

ali

• hertfordshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2009, 14:20:43 »

Yes they rattle, Just checked closer and both lights have broken adjusters :( :( :(  The lenses are the same as Pete's but Syds are different  :( Think they can go in to the back of the garage to gather dust, at least Ive got a few spare bulbs ;D ;D ;D ;D

markey mark

• Omega Baron
  • SLady bitshorpe north lincs
  • banned for repeatedly reneaging on deals.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2009, 14:43:32 »

thats why i will not post them !  >:( >:( im sure post office numptys play football with them  :( :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.