Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few shots of the three money pits.  (Read 21799 times)

ted_one

A few shots of the three money pits.
« on: 05 October 2015, 17:13:30 »

pauls

• Omega Baron
  • By the sea minehead
    • Bmw x3
    • View Profile
Re: A few shots of the three money pits.
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2015, 17:28:31 »

All very nice  :y

I will have the blue one please when you are bored with it :y

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2015, 17:41:05 »

Very nice indeed 8)

Don't see many red ones either  :y

ted_one

« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2015, 17:47:43 »

All still work in progress I'm afraid Paul, but definitely a lot of pleasure to drive now, and guess which one is the nicest ?.....the blue 3.2 is with 230k on the  original engine plus a mild remap,runs like a Rolex and she can still lift her skirts up and see the local chavs off when asked to :y

ted_one

« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2015, 17:59:35 »

Thanks :y...the red 3.2 MV6 came direct from the Met and was a Diplomatic Protection Group car with less than 50k on it, and even after 11 years of ownership it has only 90k on it now. :y

05omegav6

« Reply #5 on: 05 October 2015, 19:18:22 »

All looking very well 8)

ted_one

« Reply #6 on: 05 October 2015, 19:39:52 »

Should'nt speak to soon Al,you might just look out of your window one morning and guess what you'll see parked on your drive.....it could be red or white or blue or....... :-X  :)

ianu

• Intermediate Member
  • Oxfordshire
    • XC90/Maserati QPV/CooperS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05 October 2015, 20:44:22 »

:o - so you've got all the non silver ones Ken  :P. Very nice, quite a mixture of styles there too (not to everyone's taste  ;D). Is that a chrome Irmy grill there per-chance  ::)...
If you're at Wycombe this weekend - lets talk rear tints  ;)

2boxerdogs

« Reply #8 on: 05 October 2015, 20:46:17 »

Love the red one   😀 😀

amba

• Omega Baron
  • Medway towns
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05 October 2015, 20:54:39 »

A very impressive Trio you have there and all look in wonderfull condition,so well done that man :y

BTW where did you get that set of ramps from ? as have been thinking about such a set for sometime now but never got around to it

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05 October 2015, 21:14:51 »

http://www.cjautos.eu/product_p/cr012.htm

I've been considering a set for some time, as I'm space limited for permanent equipment. So far I've talked myself out of buying them each time I've seen them, but that's probably going to change soon!

ted_one

« Reply #11 on: 05 October 2015, 21:56:46 »

They are quite weighty,but I have a light weight sack trolley that takes them perfectly,and well worth humping them round to the sunny side of the house.The working height is much better and the ramps are much wider and the fact that they are safely locked off while you are under the car gives you the confidence that if you have to put some muscle on to something the car's not going to get loose on you.Well worth the money :y

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 October 2015, 22:16:07 »

you have really nice collection there
 :y :y :y

GastronomicKleptomaniac

• Omega Baron
  • Teesside (the nice bit)
    • 3.2 plod, 2.6 MV6, etc
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05 October 2015, 22:44:46 »

I don't normally like modded Omegas, but they work. :y

I must ask, those ramps - how much, where from, and how high? Having spent three weeks of evenings squeezing my fat arse under mine on stands, they look ideal.
Servicing and repairs done in NE. Special rates for OOFers! PM me.

ted_one

« Reply #14 on: 05 October 2015, 23:55:03 »

Thanks :y if you check out Nick W's link above it'll take you to CJ Autos website,they have a video on there and also on Youtube, they are pricey... think around £400 + with delivery but they are much higher,wider and safer than the usual ramps :y

ted_one

« Reply #15 on: 06 October 2015, 09:03:50 »

I would like to say that these three cars wouldn't have survived as long as they have if it wasn't for these guys.....   

JamesV6CDX,  Daz aka DLK,  HKT aka Taxi Al,  Serek , and Rob G.  I don't take any credit, as all I do is clean, drive and continually break them ::) I really do appreciate their efforts as these cars are not easy to work on with the rain running down between your butt cheeks or with sun trying to do it's best to cremate you....long may they continue to do what they do, because without them I for one wouldn't be able to enjoy the pleasure /madness, : ::) of Omega ownership.  :y :y :y

MV6Matt

• Omega Knight
  • London
  • Back in Black. Sensible size this time............
    • Meriva 1.6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08 October 2015, 07:38:55 »

said before how much I like the red saloon. It really suits the Irmscher f/bumper too

Sorry not to be around this weekend
Matthew
"You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"
(thanks Ian)

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08 October 2015, 10:03:01 »

As you say Ken...its down to others for the mechanics.....TB, HKT, YZ250, KW, CG and others. I am just the driver.
Always be grateful to them :y

As for you, young Matthew...no excuse ;D ;D ;D
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

ted_one

« Reply #18 on: 08 October 2015, 10:20:01 »

Yes agreed Capt Terbert :y he will be mentioned in dispatches for reprimand,and made to stand at the bar and buy drinks for all attendees of said May 2016 OOF meeting ;)

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08 October 2015, 20:39:10 »

I would like to say that these three cars wouldn't have survived as long as they have if it wasn't for these guys.....   

JamesV6CDX,  Daz aka DLK,  HKT aka Taxi Al,  Serek , and Rob G.  I don't take any credit, as all I do is clean, drive and continually break them ::) I really do appreciate their efforts as these cars are not easy to work on with the rain running down between your butt cheeks or with sun trying to do it's best to cremate you....long may they continue to do what they do, because without them I for one wouldn't be able to enjoy the pleasure /madness, : ::) of Omega ownership.  :y :y :y

Rain running down between your butt cheeks????....well if you must wear that mankini what do you expect :y
'the more people i meet...the more i like the dog'

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

ted_one

« Reply #20 on: 08 October 2015, 21:18:19 »

You can't beat a nice wet wedgie  :o  ::)

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08 October 2015, 23:31:14 »

They all look really nice , you must be proud of them all  :) I like the white one , oh and those ramps look like something i need to save up for  :y
Omegatitis

ted_one

« Reply #22 on: 09 October 2015, 09:28:10 »

Thanks :y The ramps are a lot better than the lower bog standard ones and are nice and safe when under the car,obviously you will still need your trolley jack and axle stands for any wheels off jobs, but a decent bit of kit to have, and the bonus of lumping them around will give you Arnie style biceps with prolonged use as well ;D :y

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 October 2015, 15:21:16 »

What wheels are they on the white one  ??? They look like p/f  :-\
Like em  :y
Omegatitis

ted_one

« Reply #24 on: 09 October 2015, 15:49:14 »

Think you're right,PFL Elite wheels,sent off to Spit and Polish and let them choose the colour.....I really like them myself and although  I do realise that they might not suit everyone ... you have to try different stuff,just to see what works and what doesn't. I 'm thinking of getting another set and doing it on the Red MV6 :-\

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09 October 2015, 18:18:01 »

Funny we all have different tastes....there's me...I prefer the basic wheels as are on the blue one.
Was trying to imagine that sort on the red one, although the ones you have are pretty 'cool' :y

ted_one

« Reply #26 on: 09 October 2015, 19:11:27 »

The white car being an ex traffic car,I didn't want to take to much of it's past identity away and matt black painted steelys wouldn't have done,I just really wanted to use what I had,rather than spending money on a set of wheels that cost more than I paid for the car.But like every thing with these cars,it's work in progress,  and if some nice s/hand wheels come along then if they suit,then I'll be having them,but you know the unwritten rule about this stuff...... :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X!!! :y

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09 October 2015, 19:59:55 »

Bless her :D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09 October 2015, 21:46:26 »

Brings back memories., snows worse.

Nice collection.
Hoof'land storeman.

ted_one

« Reply #29 on: 10 October 2015, 01:36:49 »

To right.....fingers crossed that every thing that needs to be done is boxed away in the next couple of weeks,ice/snow and spanners and laying under a car...it's just so wrong!  ::)

migiestate

• Intermediate Member
  • Liverpool
    • 03 Omega 2.2 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 29 October 2015, 17:04:16 »

Wow ! great looking cars  :y

sambo omega NI

• belfast, Antrim
    • vauxhall omega
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04 November 2015, 21:22:46 »

Some lovely cars there mate if u ever sell any I would b eye more than interested sambo

Stallion

• Omega Knight
  • Romford
  • "If you can't CONVINCE them, CONFUSE them"!!
    • 3.2 Irmscher Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04 November 2015, 23:39:27 »

Loving the trio you got there mate. Nice to see some are still getting some love  :y

ted_one

« Reply #33 on: 05 November 2015, 11:13:01 »

m

ted_one

« Reply #34 on: 05 November 2015, 12:13:39 »

Oops.....operator error ::) many thanks for the comments. Sadly will be selling the cars early in 2016 as I've decided to treat myself to a VXR8,finances will be in place by then.I have decided to stop spending the large amounts of money on these cars as they don't really get driven enough. So have decided it's time for just having one car and of course it's got to be a V8 before I get too old to drive  ::)

ted_one

« Reply #35 on: 05 November 2015, 14:25:40 »

Just to add to my last post......the VXR8 has been inspected visually and has been sanctioned with a  comment of''very nice'' :y by SWMBO,on the condition that it's bye bye to the three Amigos.Ermm....I forgot to mention the 6.2 L V8, as I thought it wasn't important :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Stallion

• Omega Knight
  • Romford
  • "If you can't CONVINCE them, CONFUSE them"!!
    • 3.2 Irmscher Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05 November 2015, 15:11:46 »

Just to add to my last post......the VXR8 has been inspected visually and has been sanctioned with a  comment of''very nice'' :y by SWMBO,on the condition that it's bye bye to the three Amigos.Ermm....I forgot to mention the 6.2 L V8, as I thought it wasn't important :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
NIICE!!  :y

05omegav6

« Reply #37 on: 05 November 2015, 16:17:00 »

Mere details  ;D

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 05 November 2015, 17:13:22 »

Nice choice of a replacement.

How are you going to feel, when a little leprechaun, is going round in circles in a supermarket car park in one of your former pride n joys :-X
Hoof'land storeman.

ted_one

« Reply #39 on: 05 November 2015, 19:03:22 »

I know what you mean as I've had recent enquiries from that neck of the woods,thing is I can't keep throwing money at three cars and I know I could keep just one car and throw three cars worth of money at that instead.I just think that for me the Omega thing is coming to an end and I have simply made a decision to have a modern car with loads of grunt,(I got kicked into the weeds the other night by a mini which really pissed me off : >:(:)) and with the expected high running costs of the VXR8 I think one car is going to be financially more manageable than trying to keep three 15 year old cars on the road.....BUT!! no doubt I'll live to regret the decision. ::)

05omegav6

« Reply #40 on: 05 November 2015, 19:20:34 »

I know what you mean as I've had recent enquiries from that neck of the woods,thing is I can't keep throwing money at three cars and I know I could keep just one car and throw three cars worth of money at that instead.I just think that for me the Omega thing is coming to an end and I have simply made a decision to have a modern car with loads of grunt,(I got kicked into the weeds the other night by a mini which really pissed me off : >:(:)) and with the expected high running costs of the VXR8 I think one car is going to be financially more manageable than trying to keep three 15 year old cars on the road.....BUT!! no doubt I'll live to regret the decision... when SWMBO realises what she has agreed too ::)
Fixed  ;D

EMD

• Omega Baron
  • Noofhampton
    • 95t
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10 November 2015, 15:48:54 »

Just a minor thing that  ;D Dont think i would sleep for a few months having one of those at disposal  ::) Thinking about the sound would get me up in the night and go for a drive  :)
Omegatitis

ted_one

« Reply #42 on: 11 November 2015, 20:25:44 »

I'm hoping that my budget will nick me a Bathurst edition,and the good news is that I'm going to be allowed to keep one Omega,it's just the matter of which one.I'm a bit worried about the maintenance aspect, but a company called Monkfish have been recommended, but I don't know any thing about them......perhaps they are known to some of the forum members here :y

05omegav6

« Reply #43 on: 11 November 2015, 20:43:13 »

Change the oil regularly, plugs and filters too, all a doddle and it won't go wrong... unless you constantly rag the living arse out of it.

Pads are £130 a set, discs a couple of hundred, but rest of it is Omega money :y

PS I would probably keep the white one as that's the sweetest :y

ted_one

« Reply #44 on: 11 November 2015, 20:59:52 »

Thanks for the info Al, it's all a bit weird as at the moment  SWMBO is being ''tooo nice'' about this,and it has crossed my mind to say....I'll keep em' all and see where it goes. Might start a poll as to my injuries and how long I survive  :-\

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 11 November 2015, 21:07:36 »

-6 minutes ;D :y

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

ted_one

« Reply #46 on: 11 November 2015, 21:10:26 »

Christ as long as that?? :o

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 11 November 2015, 21:32:56 »

I was being conservative....may be on reflection it could be a matter of seconds

ted_one

« Reply #48 on: 11 November 2015, 21:40:16 »

Thinking :-\ probably not a good idea then????

the alarming man

• Omega Baron
  • medway kent
    • disco V8
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 11 November 2015, 22:04:05 »

well I don't mind living dangerously but suicidal tendencies is another matter :y 

05omegav6

« Reply #50 on: 11 November 2015, 22:05:05 »

Monkfish do know their onions, and are exceptionally helpful, even to insane Omega owners :-X, they have a reputation for being a touch pricey, but then you do get what you pay for :y

RobseyMV6 will be a good person to speak to as both his Monaro and VXR8 have spent time at Monkfish :y

ted_one

« Reply #51 on: 11 November 2015, 22:22:19 »

Thanks Al,
              I won't be tear arsing it  : ::):)well may be only a little bit,but hopefully will be able to keep the general care of the car with people like yourself and Serek.... if possible and only if interested of course :-\

05omegav6

« Reply #52 on: 11 November 2015, 22:56:02 »

Much... ;D certainly  :y time permitting of course... hopefully shifts will settle down a bit in the New Year ::)

ted_one

« Reply #53 on: 12 November 2015, 00:13:40 »

Thanks Al,
               nothing broken at the moment,will try not to break anything until the weather warms up a bit ;)

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #54 on: 12 November 2015, 01:16:26 »

Oops.....operator error ::) many thanks for the comments. Sadly will be selling the cars early in 2016 as I've decided to treat myself to a VXR8,finances will be in place by then.I have decided to stop spending the large amounts of money on these cars as they don't really get driven enough. So have decided it's time for just having one car and of course it's got to be a V8 before I get too old to drive  ::)

And very sensible too - good luck with it. 
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio

2boxerdogs

« Reply #55 on: 12 November 2015, 06:36:42 »

V8 is the only way to go, I got mine on Saturday  should have done it years ago !!

ted_one

« Reply #56 on: 12 November 2015, 08:24:25 »

I've been feeling the need for quite sometime and was saving up for a Monaro,but recent personal events have put me in a better financial position and rather than peeing the money up the pub wall or the money sitting in a bank account and not earning any thing (except for the bankers of course)and myself advancing in years,it's a no brainer.I'm not to worried about the depreciation or the running costs of the VXR... after all, I've spent an inordinate amount of money on the upkeep of the Omegas and will carry on doing that until the right VXR comes along, and as I'm really torn about getting shot of any of them,and as already posted, one is definitely staying and if I get my own way :-\ all three will stay as I'm told going ''cold turkey'' is really unpleasant and the last time I sold one of my Omegas it wasn't a nice feeling. :'(

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 12 November 2015, 18:45:01 »

I've been feeling the need for quite sometime and was saving up for a Monaro,but recent personal events have put me in a better financial position and rather than peeing the money up the pub wall or the money sitting in a bank account and not earning any thing (except for the bankers of course)and myself advancing in years,it's a no brainer.I'm not to worried about the depreciation or the running costs of the VXR... after all, I've spent an inordinate amount of money on the upkeep of the Omegas and will carry on doing that until the right VXR comes along, and as I'm really torn about getting shot of any of them,and as already posted, one is definitely staying and if I get my own way :-\ all three will stay as I'm told going ''cold turkey'' is really unpleasant and the last time I sold one of my Omegas it wasn't a nice feeling. :'(

£700 delivered wouldn't feel very nice. At least it would be going to a nice caring home and you could visit from time to time to re engage :y 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :y
« Last Edit: 12 November 2015, 18:57:56 by Varche »
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

ted_one

« Reply #58 on: 12 November 2015, 18:50:12 »

Delivered to sunny Spain?........Hmm 8) 8)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 12 November 2015, 21:02:29 »

Delivered to sunny Spain?........Hmm 8) 8)
As long as varche pays fuel and ferries and tolls :)
Hoof'land storeman.

ted_one

« Reply #60 on: 12 November 2015, 21:33:09 »

Chuck in a weeks B&B and all the Sangria I can drink as well....might have a deal :-\

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 13 November 2015, 22:58:00 »

Ah sangria, falling down juice :o ;D

It would be too quiet, you would die of boredom
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

MW-Omega

• Herts
    • Omega V6 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 21 November 2017, 14:39:10 »

Was looking through forum and came across these.
Very nice looking  motors Ted.  I can see that a lot of effort has gone in here.

Mutha Jugs n Speed

• Intermediate Member
  • Out there?
    • Nosey aint'cha
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 21 November 2017, 17:33:57 »

Thank you, cars are still here and have been and are constantly being fettled mechanically by Dr Gollum and of late the world famous Omega Guru Serek, and the bodywork by Blind Bill's Paint Shop....masking up has never been one of his better skills but he gets by  8) :y

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 21 November 2017, 19:00:10 »

And there was me thinking you were Gixer incognito.  ::) ;D ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.