Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Exhaust ...sigh  (Read 8210 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Exhaust ...sigh
« Reply #60 on: 22 March 2012, 11:43:37 »

Is a fair way, so good point raised.  :(
Plus, let's confirm we can bodge make it work  ;)

Look forward to hearing the results  :)

sticka_v8_init

• Reading
    • 2.5 V6 Tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 23 March 2012, 17:32:41 »

Hiya Chris,

Had a chat with brother in law and he confirmed the one fitted to my car (saloon exhaust on my estate) is this one  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EXGM6029-VAUXHALL-OMEGA-2-5-Exhaust-Rear-Tail-Pipe-/120824401153?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c21b20d01

Hope it helps fella :y
Those are my principles, if you don't like them I have others.

Andys VXR

• cambridgeshire
    • 3.2 Special
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 23 March 2012, 20:34:12 »

Get someone to halfs with you on this. Get pipes of and sell rest for parts get money back just thinking aloud just another option and if it goes cheap anough. ebay item number--  180841725721

feeutfo

« Reply #63 on: 24 March 2012, 00:15:11 »

Had a good go at this today. Since last I bodged it, it had rusted even more. Sadly all the way up to the bend. Probably not worth the agro tbh as its a right battle from start to finish. Plus there's nothing to clamp onto on the end of the mid sections.

...unless we can get hold of a similar section with the right bend in it, and cut more wrotten section out.

feeutfo

« Reply #64 on: 24 March 2012, 00:19:09 »

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 24 March 2012, 08:52:17 »

Thats a shame, I'll have to have a closer look at mine, I think mine is fairly solid just past the bend, but need to double check

feeutfo

« Reply #66 on: 24 March 2012, 09:07:48 »

It's fooked then. Unless you can find a pipe with the right bend in it. Long shot I'd say. Very long.

Although, if your desperate to keep the back box and it's structurally ok, replace the mid sections only. But I had to cut about an inch and a half off the box pipe work because the join had rusted together with the rusted section still in it. Then use the tubes to make up the gap. But it's a lot of rather about reaming out the rust to get it to fit correctly.

Not a nice way to spend 5 hours. May as well fit sumat new.

feeutfo

« Reply #67 on: 24 March 2012, 09:24:34 »

And by the way. Power flow. Got another car here with one fitted. It's twin pipe all the way through, but what a lash up. Numerous joins, extra boxes to try and quiten it down and it's still too loud, and they've cut about 6 inches off the end of the cats , presumably because they can't manufacture the clamp to cat mechanism on the mid sections.

A bodge it seems to me. Car doesn't feel particularly quick either. Contrary to what the owner said.

Not good IMO.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 24 March 2012, 10:32:58 »

Had a good go at this today. Since last I bodged it, it had rusted even more. Sadly all the way up to the bend. Probably not worth the agro tbh as its a right battle from start to finish. Plus there's nothing to clamp onto on the end of the mid sections.

...unless we can get hold of a similar section with the right bend in it, and cut more wrotten section out.
And the non rusty parts are only likely to last months anyway - they rust inside out.  Not worth the bother IMHO.

IME, the eternals are as quiet as GM, and cheap enough, you could have 3 sets for a custom made one...
Grumpy old man

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 24 March 2012, 10:37:09 »

And the non rusty parts are only likely to last months anyway - they rust inside out.  Not worth the bother IMHO.

IME, the eternals are as quiet as GM, and cheap enough, you could have 3 sets for a custom made one...

They are just too long to post.

.. or have they resolved that issue now? ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 24 March 2012, 10:38:07 »

A bodge it seems to me. Car doesn't feel particularly quick either. Contrary to what the owner said.
TheDaddys MV6 had Powerflow and decat (probably because Powerflow are not good enough to make said clamp), and it was gutless.  Cats and eternal exhaust improved things, as did throwing away the cone filter - clearly demonstrating the performance hits these supposed 'performance tweaks' suffer.

This engine had been Markey Mark'd, but full power was returned by a bit of Pink Stokkie fairy dust. And its now pretty rapid :y
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 24 March 2012, 10:39:13 »

They are just too long to post.

.. or have they resolved that issue now? ;)
I would suggest, as they know the couriers restrictions for a few weeks, that must be overcome now  :-\
Grumpy old man
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.