Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Poll

Which Brand To Go For In Your Opinion...

Runway
- 5 (38.5%)
Accelera Alphas
- 4 (30.8%)
Other (please describe in a post)
- 4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: 28 July 2013, 19:18:36

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tyres Craking  (Read 4884 times)

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
Re: Tyres Craking
« Reply #60 on: 12 January 2013, 22:42:57 »

Best extend the voting dead line to august.

The web site missed a trick by not insisting on specifying what  vehicle the tyres were fitted to.

Shame theres not a brand called placebo. One priced at £50, the other at £150.
« Last Edit: 12 January 2013, 22:45:43 by tidla »

feeutfo

« Reply #61 on: 13 January 2013, 09:22:00 »

The web site missed a trick by not insisting on specifying what  vehicle the tyres were fitted to.

Shame theres not a brand called placebo. One priced at £50, the other at £150.
Not sure what you mean there Tid? :)

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 13 January 2013, 13:27:34 »

If you have just paid a small fortune for tyres which possibly dont suit the car, are you really (a man thing)going to eat humble pie and admit you have bought some lemons. Where as if you had paid a lower price..

feeutfo

« Reply #63 on: 13 January 2013, 15:21:45 »

If you have just paid a small fortune for tyres which possibly dont suit the car, are you really (a man thing)going to eat humble pie and admit you have bought some lemons. Where as if you had paid a lower price..
Ah I see, well, I guess that depends if the owner understands the problem. It's a big trap to fall into. I spent a good while thinking if a tyre is bad, it's bad. That's it. Ie all Falkens are bad, purely by brand name. I'm beginning to think they might suit a small wwd shit box with rock hard suspension and harsh unforgiving chassis. But that's without fully understanding the problem.

It certainly looks like I bought the wrong tyres on the front of mine, sc3 ao1 tramlining all over the place, where as sc3 mo where fine. ....ffs. :(

Then on the other hand there's certainly some obvious traits among manufacturers.
Dunlops have a few models that give an exceptionally tight accurate ride without being harsh on the omega. They seem to have addressed the noise level they where renound for too.
Michelin seem to think all car owners want massive mileage at the expense of lateral grip.
Bridgestone think all suspension should be rigid. (Completely unfair comment as I've only sampled one of their tyres)
Continental have blown all those theory's out of he water as they have two sc3 sub models that behave completely differently.

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 13 January 2013, 17:24:21 »

The web site missed a trick by not insisting on specifying what  vehicle the tyres were fitted to.Shame theres not a brand called placebo. One priced at £50, the other at £150.

there is a vehicle specific section, omega saloon and estate.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyres_For/Vauxhall/Omega-.htm

05omegav6

« Reply #65 on: 13 January 2013, 17:52:12 »

Dammed lies and statistics ::)

The better rated tyres have been rated over millions of miles, against the lesser rated ones.

Therefore 20 (200k) poor reviews of the 'preferred Michelin tyres (1.5million) will have a lot less effect than 20 (200k) poor reviews of say the Runways (600k) :-\

Be interesting to see how they look tomorrow   :-X

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 13 January 2013, 18:30:49 »

I'm big enough.

SC5s are lemons.

But maybe my idea of a bad tyre is different to other peoples?
Grumpy old man

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 13 January 2013, 18:45:58 »

I'm big enough.

SC5s are lemons.

But maybe my idea of a bad tyre is different to other peoples?

Indeed... There are plenty of people who like Michelin's but you and I have similar views, especially on wallowy Elite suspension ::)
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

OmegaAnglesey

« Reply #68 on: 13 January 2013, 20:32:10 »

Confused.com is just how I feel about tyres  :o I obviously want the best tyres possible but funds at the moment are tight, I couldn't justify more than say £170max for two tyres fitted, balanced etc 

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 13 January 2013, 21:08:09 »

Confused.com is just how I feel about tyres  :o I obviously want the best tyres possible but funds at the moment are tight, I couldn't justify more than say £170max for two tyres fitted, balanced etc

That's a good budget :y Personally I'd just go for either Accellera or Runway Enduro as they both get reasonable reviews on here :y
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Sam Burton

• Dunton, Bedfordshire
  • Just Car Mad Really
    • 09Mondeo, 08Ka, FL 2.5 TD
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 13 January 2013, 21:13:56 »

Im running Matadors on Mine who are now owned by Continental so the quality of the tyre is much better but they are low - Middle of the road tyre. but they handle superb and hardly any tyre noise  :y :y :y
Drives: 2009 Ford Mondeo Titanium X Sport Auto - 'The Dog Bus'
2008 Ford Ka 1.3 Zetec Climate - 'the run about'
2000 Vauxhall Omega 2.5td Auto - 'The Project'

05omegav6

« Reply #71 on: 13 January 2013, 21:16:45 »

That's a good budget :y Personally I'd just go for either Accellera or Runway Enduro as they both get reasonable reviews on here :y

And treat the misses to dinner with the change :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.