Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tyres  (Read 7645 times)

chrisgixer

Re: Tyres
« Reply #15 on: 22 May 2014, 16:38:16 »

Continental ContiContactSport 5 are going on with same deal for fronts when they need changing. Sorry Al - they caught me on the hop and I am in Amsterdam tomorrow so made a quick decision. I have asked them to assure it is ok to mix pairs.

Thanks all

TB had a total nightmare with those. :(
I very much doubt that their driving styles would be similar. Hooligan v Grandma.

(Will he ever learn ::) ;D )

It was the sort of nightmare that made the car extremely unstable at surprisingly low speeds, even for grandma here.

Anyway, fingers crossed for, er, grandma.
Well....since I'm in this section, I might as well talk more shite. ;D

If the car was so unstable at low speeds with a good propriety brand of tyre on, I would say the car was at fault, not the tyre. And, before you say it was ok with a different brand, that is still the car at fault. I have used contis on all of my cars for years, and I haven't always been the careful, considerate driver I am now. Never had any problems at all. In fact, the only car I've ever lost the arse end on was my omega, and that had nothing to do with the tyres.
Some may call it exciting, I call it unsafe.

Have you ever had sc5 fitted?

And have you had sc5 fitted to an omega?

Or indeed, a Phaeton?

...no I thought not. ;D

Stemo

« Reply #16 on: 22 May 2014, 16:38:32 »

In fact, I'll go further. Omegas are unsafe/unstable in the wet and are only good for speed in a straight line. You may say that, if you know how to handle them, they are perfectly safe and great fun to drive. Unfortunately, most people don't know how to handle a large, rear wheel drive car, esp. in the wet. It is, as you know, a totally different driving style and out of all the RWD cars around, the omega needs your full attention more than most.

Stemo

« Reply #17 on: 22 May 2014, 16:40:04 »

Continental ContiContactSport 5 are going on with same deal for fronts when they need changing. Sorry Al - they caught me on the hop and I am in Amsterdam tomorrow so made a quick decision. I have asked them to assure it is ok to mix pairs.

Thanks all

I very much doubt that their driving styles would be similar. Hooligan v Grandma.

It was the sort of nightmare that made the car extremely unstable at surprisingly low speeds, even for grandma here.

If the car was so unstable at low speeds with a good propriety brand of tyre on, I would say the car was at fault, not the tyre. And, before you say it was ok with a different brand, that is still the car at fault. I have used contis on all of my cars for years, and I haven't always been the careful, considerate driver I am now. Never had any problems at all. In fact, the only car I've ever lost the arse end on was my omega, and that had nothing to do with the tyres.

Or indeed, a Phaeton?

...no I thought not. ;D
I've had more cars than you've had hot dinners, Son. ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #18 on: 22 May 2014, 16:41:45 »

In fact, I'll go further. Omegas are unsafe/unstable in the wet and are only good for speed in a straight line. You may say that, if you know how to handle them, they are perfectly safe and great fun to drive. Unfortunately, most people don't know how to handle a large, rear wheel drive car, esp. in the wet. It is, as you know, a totally different driving style and out of all the RWD cars around, the omega needs your full attention more than most.

To anyone else reading, this man drives, by his own choice, a Daewoo. He pays thousands of pounds to his local car dealer in part ex charges and gives his car to Kwick fit for his basic servicing.

Ignore him. We're all trying to, bit he keeps coming back for more ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #19 on: 22 May 2014, 16:43:13 »

Thanks all

Or indeed, a Phaeton?

...no I thought not. ;D
I've had more cars than you've had hot dinners, Son. ;D

Yes Dad. ;D

I wish I'd only ever had one car. An omega. ;)

Or possibly a vxr8. :)

Stemo

« Reply #20 on: 22 May 2014, 16:44:49 »

To anyone else reading, this man drives, by his own choice, a Daewoo. He pays thousands of pounds to his local car dealer in part ex charges and gives his car to Kwick fit for his basic servicing.

Ignore him. We're all trying to, bit he keeps coming back for more ;D
What you should remember is, as far as cars are concerned, you're still shitting yellow. Some of us were driving cars when you were riding in your pram.  :P

If a tyre is crap on an omega but fine on other vehicles, you can't blame the tyre.

Stemo

« Reply #21 on: 22 May 2014, 16:47:07 »

Anyway, I'm going to concede a bit here. What you are saying is that this particular tyre does not suit this particular car, and I have to bow to your superior knowledge on that subject.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 May 2014, 16:47:43 »

FFS, don't ever drive a Westfield. ;D

The Omega is about as docile a rear wheel drive car as I've ever driven. More so than my Mum's Volvo 340 which only had about 70 BHP. ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

chrisgixer

« Reply #23 on: 22 May 2014, 16:51:47 »

Anyway, I'm going to concede a bit here. What you are saying is that this particular tyre does not suit this particular car, and I have to bow to your superior knowledge on that subject.

This particular tyre is suited to front wheel drive shit boxes. So will suit Daewoo's and the like. ;)

( are the drugs wearing off, btw? )

Stemo

« Reply #24 on: 22 May 2014, 16:52:26 »

The Omega is about as docile a rear wheel drive car as I've ever driven. More so than my Mum's Volvo 340 which only had about 70 BHP. ;)
How many times, Kevin, have people on here told tales about losing the rear end in damp conditions, not even wet?
Besides, you're not exactly the average driver, are you? Westfield indeed.....how many drivers could honestly say they could handle a Westfield without loads of practice?

Stemo

« Reply #25 on: 22 May 2014, 16:53:40 »

This particular tyre is suited to front wheel drive shit boxes. So will suit Daewoo's and the like. ;)
Childish reply.

Something else you should remember when we're having our cosy chats, I used to be in management. ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #26 on: 22 May 2014, 16:56:59 »

Childish reply.

Something else you should remember when we're having our cosy chats, I used to be in management. ;D

No seriously, it is. ask cem  read the reviews    oh never mind.

Anyway, TB will be along, and he'll slap your legs he will.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 May 2014, 16:57:19 »

Agreed. My Omega is a kitten in the wet. :y

......but then it is on Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres and not the crappy Michelin primacy 'instant slip' tyres that Vauxhall originally fitted to the car. :y

I'll take Wanli Ditchfinders over Michelin Primacy tyres any day of the week.
« Last Edit: 22 May 2014, 17:02:27 by Mr. Opti »

chrisgixer

« Reply #28 on: 22 May 2014, 16:59:08 »

Even my Mrs can catch an omega in the wet. And she's had no cars, with no driving experience, and no (well a bit) help from me in the passenger seat to gather it all up again. ;D

Stemo

« Reply #29 on: 22 May 2014, 17:00:04 »

Agreed. My Omega is a kitten in the wet. :y
Shame the same can't be said of your wife. ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 17 queries.