Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: oh drat  (Read 13336 times)

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
oh drat
« on: 22 December 2014, 19:43:54 »

after 298k 29years of total abuse the last 5 with us,,including towing mobile homes, bumpstarting articulated trucks and hundreds of other tasks it should never have done
 our 1986 mitsubishi 2.5td,engine finally cried enough,after picking up the mother inlaw from the airport and her calling it a heap, the engine expired in a big way at about 50mph tween colmenar and casabemeja,lol
I blame it on the ma in law calling mistsy a nasty name,!!
fact that i have had a short motor in reserve for over six months now has got nothing to do with it
so now oh joy over xmas i have to change the engine and i ant sure what damage it did to the gearbox when it went, as the box literally jumped up in the air inside the car when the motor blew,
followed by a horrendous grinding crunching noise,think the clutch exploded to be honest but will know when i strip the motor out,
merry christmas hurumph!

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: oh drat
« Reply #1 on: 22 December 2014, 19:46:42 »

Well at least you'll be outside out of the MIL's way when the after affects of the sprouts kick in!

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 December 2014, 19:50:50 »

Well at least you'll be outside out of the MIL's way when the after affects of the sprouts kick in!

lol as you say! at least it means as the car is a mile away up a mountain, I wont have to talk to her much, can spend all day working on the car,Hmm she goes back jan 9th, how long can i stretch an engine swap and a few mods out for??

Lagondanet

• Omega Knight
  • Bedfordshire
  • The Omega is gone!
    • View Profile
    • Lagondanet
« Reply #3 on: 22 December 2014, 19:55:36 »

Until the 9th of Jan?  :y

1980 V8 Lagonda & a 2014 Adam & a 2015 Antara.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 December 2014, 20:00:51 »

gonna try!! especially as the new motor is slightly different, i have to make the connections for the ida hose and the wastegate hose an new motor had them in the intercooler pipe which i dont have, mine were in the original now breaked completely turbo housing!

The Sheriff

« Reply #5 on: 22 December 2014, 21:36:52 »

Wish I could do stuff like that  :(

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 December 2014, 07:46:52 »

no at least 10th jan that way you dont have to take her ;D

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23 December 2014, 08:58:32 »

no at least 10th jan that way you dont have to take her ;D

What! it has to be done so i can take her to the arport otherwise she may stay longer :o

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 23 December 2014, 09:01:17 »

Wish I could do stuff like that  :(

its only nuts and bolts and a little common sense dude? pretty sure you c0uld if you were motivated enough, lot of people just want to let someone else do it then moan at the size of the bill,
old saying practice makes perfect, give it a go! :y

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 23 December 2014, 13:59:09 »

It's funny how mechanics have that reputation of being greasy, smelly thick-os - yes only the first two are true  ;D

No, seriously, plenty of people who in the same breath would suggest that a mechanic isn't very bright, but then confess they can't actually do the job themselves, well, proves there is a lot to it, but all can be learned. I am clueless about much, and openly say what I'm rubbish at  ;D - can't weld, solder terribly, never replaced or rebuilt an engine, but love playing about. Done gearboxes, every suspension component, gaskets, servicing on every car that's been up the drive, spraying. But there always has to be a first time for anything, so definitely would say to anyone have a go. They're fairly thick, hefty chunks of metal for the most part, fairly open to abuse, so long as you follow the instructions, and there are always people on here ready to help   :)

Though as I say - welding, soldering, engine rebuilds- Don't ask me!!!  :y :y :y
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24 December 2014, 12:06:33 »

Good luck with it. :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #11 on: 25 December 2014, 17:28:06 »

You are not alone.. 2 bar pressure was awesome ;D

Merry Christmas Omegatoy :y

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25 December 2014, 19:39:12 »

You are not alone.. 2 bar pressure was awesome ;D

Merry Christmas Omegatoy :y

And a very merry Christmas to you and your family Cem :y

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 26 December 2014, 17:48:17 »

Is it running yet?

I will have your pint of beer tonight for you at the Downshire Arms. Don't want to affect the work progress.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Omegatoy

• Omega Baron
  • UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 26 December 2014, 21:26:03 »

Is it running yet?

I will have your pint of beer tonight for you at the Downshire Arms. Don't want to affect the work progress.

lol not yet lost 2 days to xmas celebrations,Got the injectors out pretty easily when all was said and done,onlyneeded a breaker bar with a 4 foot pole on it,wiring to pump had been chopped and changed over the years not helped by my wiring to the hidden switch :o and its been a f-----k of a job,29years on the road and when i stripped out most of the ancilliaries i was greeted with what looked  like two solid bars leading to the heat exchanger,,but they were actually the oil cooler pipes, ::)getting the vac pump(back of alternator) connections off with no room to swing a spanner was a tad err challenging?Getting the aftermarket aircon compresor off was erm tight?
starter motor bolts had been replaced with allen bolts and nuts on the end out the other side,impossible to get  to both sides from under the car,without removing the front prop ,
and a multitude of other time consuming bits,having said that only worked on it for 5 hours,and it now just needs 4 bellhousing bolts,downpipes,and engine mounting bolts to remove and its ready to come out, then put the 2 motors side by side and carefully swap all the necessary parts over,do the
cambelt and balance belt timing,somehow get the double crank pulley swapped onto the new single one,so guesssing if i get a full day on it 2moro it may be ready the following day? will keep you posted
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.