Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Tidy 3.2  (Read 13117 times)

btc

• Intermediate Member
  • Burgess Hill
  • Medium black pussy
    • XF 2.0d r sport
    • View Profile
Re: Tidy 3.2
« Reply #30 on: 11 August 2015, 21:14:18 »

I wonder what could be causing the lumpy idle quite fancy that
Needs work doing :-X :-X :-X

Do you know the car Rob

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 11 August 2015, 22:25:03 »

I can answer your questions..... No idea why it is 'titled' Gixers old car? Its MY car, and has been for FOUR years. (Yes I'm miffed.) It IS Oyster. Lumpy tickover? No idea? Had new plugs, new dispacs, timing is correct, as can be confirmed by Mark. Recent history, Member was interested, I put him off when I found some rust at back arches. Local bloke agreed to buy it last Saturday, but wanted to look it over. He runs a small repair garage about a mile from my house. Popped to see him today, he said. 'Yes mate I'll have it, I'll drop round later with the readies'. NO SIGN OF HIM YET ????? MANY THANKS to a forum member who alerted me to the ebay advert, which I knew nothing about.Thinking the car was sold I denied it is 'MY' car that is on ebay. But then I took a look. The bloke has 4 cars to sell, all of which he has got through his work at the garage. I'm off now to check if he has committed any crime, seeing as he has not paid me, nor has any documentation been signed, as far as I am concerned it is still MY car....
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 11 August 2015, 22:29:28 »

I can answer your questions..... No idea why it is 'titled' Gixers old car? Its MY car, and has been for FOUR years. (Yes I'm miffed.) It IS Oyster. Lumpy tickover? No idea? Had new plugs, new dispacs, timing is correct, as can be confirmed by Mark. Recent history, Member was interested, I put him off when I found some rust at back arches. Local bloke agreed to buy it last Saturday, but wanted to look it over. He runs a small repair garage about a mile from my house. Popped to see him today, he said. 'Yes mate I'll have it, I'll drop round later with the readies'. NO SIGN OF HIM YET ????? MANY THANKS to a forum member who alerted me to the ebay advert, which I knew nothing about.Thinking the car was sold I denied it is 'MY' car that is on ebay. But then I took a look. The bloke has 4 cars to sell, all of which he has got through his work at the garage. I'm off now to check if he has committed any crime, seeing as he has not paid me, nor has any documentation been signed, as far as I am concerned it is still MY car....

"This vehicle belongs to an elderly customer of mine who is suffering from ill health" I'm sure that OOF members will join me in wishing you a swift recovery. ::) ::) ::)

Jusme

• Omega Knight
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 11 August 2015, 22:39:56 »

"This vehicle belongs to an elderly customer of mine who is suffering from ill health" I'm sure that OOF members will join me in wishing you a swift recovery.  ::) ::) ::)  ????????
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

btc

• Intermediate Member
  • Burgess Hill
  • Medium black pussy
    • XF 2.0d r sport
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 11 August 2015, 22:51:48 »

Sounds like a bit of a scam advertise the car sell it then pay you

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11 August 2015, 22:53:18 »

Shall i click "buy it now"?  ;

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 11 August 2015, 22:58:14 »

Heck and double heck.

Wishing you a speedy recovery jusme. :y
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

05omegav6

« Reply #37 on: 11 August 2015, 23:06:24 »

Joking aside, be an idea to ring local trading standards and police, as summat is clearly not right :-\

Jusme

• Omega Knight
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 11 August 2015, 23:35:14 »

Joking aside, be an idea to ring local trading standards and police, as summat is clearly not right :y :y Think that's my move in the morning. Was also contemplating contacting ebay???

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 11 August 2015, 23:49:05 »

Did he take them pics.... Its clear that the mondeo And your Car had there pic taken at the same location

Jusme

• Omega Knight
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 11 August 2015, 23:51:47 »

The pics were taken at his garage area...

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 11 August 2015, 23:55:59 »

The pics were taken at his garage area...
By Him  :-\

Jusme

• Omega Knight
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 12 August 2015, 00:08:05 »

Yes BT. By him. Last I knew was this morning around 11am, I popped in to see him and he said, 'OK I'll buy the car, I'll pop round later with the readies'. The bloke who put him on to the car for me, has been in touch this evening and is as angry as me, as the buyer told both of us that he wanted it for himself. I have just read the full advert and there are a few misrepresentations, quite apart from him stating. He is selling it for me. I also told him in no uncertain terms that the LPG needs a temp sensor, NOT what he has quoted... He also quotes that the LPG cuts in when warm etc etc. But it does NOT, as the temp reads colder than actual, all faults were pointed out to him...

omega2018

• Omega Knight
    • 2.6 manual elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 12 August 2015, 00:08:55 »

whats that button by the light switch, with the green segments? LPG?

Jusme

• Omega Knight
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 12 August 2015, 00:15:19 »

Yep... LPG switch.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 21 queries.