Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuel price hike survey  (Read 5395 times)

cem_devecioglu

Re: Fuel price hike survey
« Reply #15 on: 02 January 2011, 16:13:52 »

curently 1.64£/litre here >:( so mostly using a 4 pot small car for daily commute.. :'(

SJKOO01

« Reply #16 on: 02 January 2011, 16:27:38 »

Bought an ex cop 3.2v6 few months back as a bit of a project.  Though with the wonderful announcement from the government some months back that vat was going up to 20%, now a hike in fuel prices, looking likely that I'm going to have to have a rethink now  :'( .

We're going to be in the process of a house move later, so looking like both Migs will have to go, and end up with some 3-4pot shopping car just to get about in.

Seems to be that everyone (service / energy providers) in the world have suddenly become more greedy than ever now  >:(.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 02 January 2011, 16:39:43 »

I voted the same. having had the other Omega for 11 years there isn't much more economy driving to be learnt. However the project car , despite being a 3 litre, delivers more MPG than the 23 I was used to. And it goes much better!

It is a worry though. I cannot see world prices going down and can't really see the case for it going up - apart from greed. Unleaded was 1.26 euros last week. We use a lot this time of the year taking produce to the co op with a trailer.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

zirax

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 January 2011, 18:22:45 »

Mine's already LPG'd but we noticed today that the local LPG station has gone up again from 78.9 a week ago to 82.9 today... Then we'll have the VAT rise on top on Tuesday too >:( >:( >:(

That's an increase from around 55ppl this time last year :o :o Definitely think that my next car will be a large oil burning barge :-X :-/

The gap between LPG and petrol / diesel is dropping rapidly. Since I am doing 700m per week I am reaching a decision point sooner. I will be checking which motors can run on BioDiesel though ;)
Dr Richard Stephens:- "I would advise people, if they hurt themselves, to swear."

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #19 on: 02 January 2011, 18:37:35 »

The price hikes will not stop me using my V6, and if I had a V8 or even a V12, I would not stop driving as I do!!

Well I do not smoke, drink, and gamble so driving is my very enjoyable vice! ;D ;D ;D ;D

albitz

« Reply #20 on: 02 January 2011, 19:04:22 »

The developing nations - china in particular - are using more and more of the oil reserves, so increased demand must mean increasing prices for the foreseeable imo.
The only way that the price could change dramatically, would be for the govt. to reduce the duty but that is never going to happen. they have little leeway to do so financially and of course, it is deemed to be good for the planet to be seen to be doing something about us evil users of the internal combustion engine.

markfree

« Reply #21 on: 02 January 2011, 19:30:04 »

The developing nations - china in particular - are using more and more of the oil reserves, so increased demand must mean increasing prices for the foreseeable imo.
The only way that the price could change dramatically, would be for the govt. to reduce the duty but that is never going to happen. they have little leeway to do so financially and of course, it is deemed to be good for the planet to be seen to be doing something about us evil users of the internal combustion engine.

Biodiesel is the way to go; kind to the planet, a renewable resource and more importantly it's cheap :y

zirax

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02 January 2011, 19:36:56 »

Biodiesel is the way to go; kind to the planet, a renewable resource and more importantly it's cheap :y

The main problem is finding a motor that will run on the stuff. I've yet to find a simple list of cars that will run without issue. I gather that the older ones (pre commonrail) will run on pretty much anything but the newer engines are more fussy.

That being said I've seen mention that the new skoda 1.9 units appear to be fine...... it all gets confusing  ::)
Dr Richard Stephens:- "I would advise people, if they hurt themselves, to swear."

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02 January 2011, 19:51:05 »

This increase won't change my mind about buying a 3.2 Elite. As pointed out in another thread, you get luxury and reasonably cheap maintenance costs. As long as there are people like Daz and Welung around I'm driving Omegas.

markfree

« Reply #24 on: 02 January 2011, 20:00:48 »

The main problem is finding a motor that will run on the stuff. I've yet to find a simple list of cars that will run without issue. I gather that the older ones (pre commonrail) will run on pretty much anything but the newer engines are more fussy.

That being said I've seen mention that the new skoda 1.9 units appear to be fine...... it all gets confusing  ::)

Click on cars/vans then your manufacture of choice and it will give you an idea of which cars you can run on either SVO/biodiesel - you dont have to buy the kit if you want to run on biodiesel

http://www.elsbett.de/forms/ekit

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02 January 2011, 21:25:08 »

my omega has gone  a bit gutted but we are saving to buy another house later in the year  and really cant justify up to 120 a week on petrol  which soon would probably more like up to 140   my biggest problem is i also drive in london a lot and only really got around 17 mpg   i will buy another one once we have bought the house but for now every penny helps the migs replacement is only a 1.8 and very good on fuel  so should help save a bit of cash :(
« Last Edit: 02 January 2011, 21:25:40 by millwall »

zirax

• Intermediate Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02 January 2011, 21:36:05 »

Click on cars/vans then your manufacture of choice and it will give you an idea of which cars you can run on either SVO/biodiesel - you dont have to buy the kit if you want to run on biodiesel

http://www.elsbett.de/forms/ekit

Brilliant, thank you :)

Hmmmm, it is tempting to get a motor that can run directly from SVO. It seems that quite a few are unable to run biodiesel without a kit? e.g. Ford Mondeo.

feeutfo

« Reply #27 on: 02 January 2011, 21:50:31 »

Ok fuels gone up, what to replace the omega with? And how much will that cost to buy? Add in running costs etc, what's the cheapest option that keeps us in the manor to which we are accustomed?

millwall

• Omega Baron
  • se london
  • no muff too tuff
    • accord type s
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02 January 2011, 22:02:18 »

Ok fuels gone up, what to replace the omega with? And how much will that cost to buy? Add in running costs etc, what's the cheapest option that keeps us in the manor to which we are accustomed?
luckily sod all i was offered a swap for mine :y

SMD

• Omega Knight
  • London
    • :( nowt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 02 January 2011, 22:11:59 »

sell me your omega then !  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.