Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: This is why I personally will only ever recommend Lemforder Wishbones(pic heavy)  (Read 7925 times)

feeutfo

These are Colin G's wishbone rear bushes, purchased on eBay, manufacturer unknown.

Colin fitted these himself, drove the car round the block and the car felt odd. Re examination revealed the rear bush shown had ripped very badly almost instantly, as shown in the picture.

The replacement Lemforder items i fitted for him now come date stamped, so we can see how old they are. This should stop euro car parts and the like flogging us wb's that could have been on the shelf for years for all we know.

StuntS

• Hampshire
    • Vec 2.6Gsi + Omega 2.5CDX
    • View Profile

that's shocking!

omega3000

:o :o what a mess

geoffr70

• Omega Baron
  • Sunderland
  • Boobies
    • F/L 3.0 Elite, 3.0 MV6
    • View Profile

Hope he gets his money back
TC and BnQ Trade holder.
I'll out pull you with my caravan!
V6 locking kit available locally, with deposit.

Elite Pete

• Omega Queen
  • Chester
  • My spider senses are tingling
    • Audi SQ5 GSX1400
    • View Profile

Thats terrible in such a short time. IIRC the genuine Vauxhall rear bushes are only about £15 each.
Retired

feeutfo

Thats a good point Pete.

The above statement is based on the general assumption that the vast majority of members will not have access to a capable press, and therefor will be looking to buy complete wishbones fitted like for like on the drive.
 I'm also assuming those that do have access to a press will want to fit Lemforder/vx rear bushes anyway for durability, and will be aware of checking wb ball joints for play before proceeding with said press etc etc...

Obviously if a member has access to a press there's saving to be made by buying bushes individually. Provided suitable drifts can be acquired  :)
« Last Edit: 02 February 2012, 16:22:16 by chrisgixer »

Seth

• Omega Lord
  • South Wales Valleys
  • If there's a 'system' - play it ... !
    • '99 2.5TD GLS Estate
    • View Profile

Are the wishbones themselves intact though Chris?

Am looking for a pair to recondition, as I've got the necessary bushes and ball-joints in stock here.
Will poly-bush the fronts.
Gettin' seriously hacked-off by those who ignore the wisdom of proven experience ... and Forum guidelines.

feeutfo

Are the wishbones themselves intact though Chris?

Am looking for a pair to recondition, as I've got the necessary bushes and ball-joints in stock here.
Will poly-bush the fronts.
oh yeah, might be worth a pm to Colin, if he hasn't had a refund or doesn't want to refurb them himself. :y

feeutfo

Although I should add, the ball joints did seem exceptionally stiff, compared to new ones I've seen. :-\

Darth Loo-knee

• Omega Queen
  • Death Star
  • Jammie smells of Pooh....
    • TIE Fighter
    • View Profile

Although I do know someone who fitted Lemforder wishbones about a year ago, which are now in need of changing.
Personally I would not fit Lemforder to my own car either.
Everything to do with Omega's. Breaking, Servicing from Cambelts to Oil Changes... Please Pm me for details...

feeutfo

Although I do know someone who fitted Lemforder wishbones about a year ago, which are now in need of changing.
And the alternative is...?

Abiton

Alternative.

Genuine bushes (or poly front, gen rear).  Probably best/cheapest to go to andyc for the genuine articles.
Any old secondhand knackered wishbones (how hard can they be to obtain!)

Some improvised fitting kit:

Some musclepower.

No press.

Probably won't have the Omega much longer so the drifts will be on offer for just postage cost in due course.  Can be borrowed in the meantime.

:)

feeutfo

I can see that working well on the rear bush, but IME the tonnage needed can vary from 7 to 12 tonnes when pressing the front bush. So "may" be problematic perhaps, although its obviously worked for your good self.

I suppose being belt and braces, that threaded method for the rear bush and pollys for the front bush would be a guaranteed way of tefurbing, provided the ball joints are ok of course.

But I still say, if replacing wishbones fit Lemforder. Refurbing is another story, not all members will want or have the confidence to refurb.

Good job though. :y

feeutfo

But on the subject of refurbing, getting the rear bush out is a challenge ime. I used many drill bits, due to the buld shape of the centre spacer.

serek

• Omega Knight
  • huntingdon
    • 3.2 mv6
    • View Profile

+1
I buy cheap ones from ebay 50£ pair and they ok for 40K miles or more
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.