Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windscreen scratch repair  (Read 1031 times)

Stargazer57N

Windscreen scratch repair
« on: 18 September 2016, 08:41:48 »

Morning guys,
I was just wondering if anyone has ever used a glass scratch repair kit to remove wiper blade scratches from the windscreen and if so are they any good? Got some on my Omega windscreen thought I would try to polish them out before going for a replacement windscreen. I thinking of using a kit like this one. http://www.thescratchdoctor.co.uk/windscreen-scratch-repair-kit-glass-diy-scratch-remover/

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Windscreen scratch repair
« Reply #1 on: 18 September 2016, 08:51:31 »

A good quality windscreen polish, like auto glym or the equivalent mequires, should remove those. :)
Hoof'land storeman.

Hudson

• View Profile
Re: Windscreen scratch repair
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2016, 20:53:34 »

Morning guys,
I was just wondering if anyone has ever used a glass scratch repair kit to remove wiper blade scratches from the windscreen and if so are they any good? Got some on my Omega windscreen thought I would try to polish them out before going for a replacement windscreen. I thinking of using a kit like this one. http://www.thescratchdoctor.co.uk/windscreen-scratch-repair-kit-glass-diy-scratch-remover/

That looks decent enough, the T Cut and Autoglym stuff is fine for making the screen shine but it will remove scratches caused by stones and grit on the blades being dragged across the screen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.