Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: cummings  (Read 15914 times)

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
Re: cummings
« Reply #15 on: 24 May 2020, 17:24:00 »

Cummings appears to be an arrogant educated idiot, and people I've met over the years who are of a similar personna quite frankly are simply not worth bothering with, he will just do as he pleases which was blatantly obvious when he was on Sky news last night.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 May 2020, 17:31:26 »

Boris Johnson has backed his key adviser Dominic Cummings
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 May 2020, 17:32:51 »

Fair play to Boris for not simply telling all the journalists to do one.

It's all I can do not to throw summat at the telly :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 May 2020, 17:37:02 »

People are busy stabbing each other all over the place, yet one person repositioned themselves in order to pre empt a potential childcare issue is utterly abhorrent. WTF ???

People are mental :o

Still, two sensible questions so far, so not a total bust.  :y

STEMO

« Reply #19 on: 24 May 2020, 17:41:38 »

The way it came across to me was that, in his opinion, Boris thought that DC had done nothing wrong. He would not answer questions that were put, quite legitimately, about the cases of other officials who had to resign for similar behaviour. He came across quite Trump like, and I don't think he's done himself any favours.
If he thinks it will now disappear, then he forgets how efficient the press are at digging away until they get to the dirty bits. Quite surprising when you think how often they've caught him with his pants down.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 24 May 2020, 17:43:01 »

Cummings appears to be an arrogant educated idiot, and people I've met over the years who are of a similar personna quite frankly are simply not worth bothering with, he will just do as he pleases which was blatantly obvious when he was on Sky news last night.
I am sure you would present just as favourably if you had been continuously harassed by the 'media' for the last few days :-X

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 24 May 2020, 17:45:20 »

I am sure you would present just as favourably if you had been continuously harassed by the 'media' for the last few days :-X
We all know what Cummings is: A very unpleasant egomaniac. But that is not the point, the point is did he break the rules or not?

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 24 May 2020, 17:48:35 »

Not sure how one person moving their family once in order to be near family in case of requiring assistance from said family compares to repeatedly going to a second home for the weekend...  ???

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 24 May 2020, 17:49:31 »

We all know what Cummings is: A very unpleasant egomaniac. But that is not the point, the point is did he break the rules or not?
I would say no. But that's without the bias of media influences.

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 24 May 2020, 17:54:25 »

Not sure how one person moving their family once in order to be near family in case of requiring assistance from said family compares to repeatedly going to a second home for the weekend...  ???
Told you the press don't like being put down on national television. We've already had a time line on BBC news putting him in Durham, Barnard Castle and back in Downing Street, all within the 14 days he should have been isolating. Boris has now brought the spotlight on to himself, a very stupid miscalculation, in my opinion.

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 24 May 2020, 17:57:56 »

Why get personal ? We are not discussing my behaviour  & I have enough sense not to put myself in such a compromising position.

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 24 May 2020, 18:07:20 »

I also like the way Boris threw in the bit about schools. Nothing new, but probably the reason why he was an hour late. Trying desperately to find something other for people to talk about.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24 May 2020, 18:09:30 »

Are you telling me it wouldn't have been better to stay in London, and if he got sick to phone the child's aunt or uncle and arrange a collection?  It's not like the couldn't have arranged a car by asking his boss for a small favour. 

Unfortunately all the press attention stops people trusting a word any of them say and we will (in my humble oppinion) see more people pushing the boundaries of the advice and see a spike in deaths (probably)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24 May 2020, 18:10:09 »

Why get personal ? We are not discussing my behaviour  & I have enough sense not to put myself in such a compromising position.

Exactly, Boris has made a big political mistake distracting attention from the main issues that the government and us are dealing with. A stupid move, and Cummings must go no matter what was the timeline and facts around the case.

We were ALL told, instructed, to STAY AT HOME, and if you or anyone in your household develop symptoms SELF ISOLATE for at least 14 days, and DO NOT TRAVEL.

Hundreds of thousands of us have obeyed the rules, and managed to reduce the R factor. We have made some hard sacrifices, but Cummings thought he was above that and didn’t need to obey the rules so he could drive hundreds of miles with his infected wife, with now the excuse that he needed to consider care for his child if he became infected as well (well yes, travelling for hours with an infected person makes that very possible!!).  So he couldn’t afford emergency child care down in his home if the worst happened, when more humble, not so arrogant, people are faithfully obeying the rules and making even greater sacrifices?!

Not a good day for Boris >:( >:(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24 May 2020, 18:10:27 »

Not being personal, just highlighting that everyone is very quick to judge and criticise with no tolerance for context or how they themselves would behave in a given situation.

Does being in the public domain give an automatic right to be vilified for doing something that anyone else would have done similarly in the same circumstances? ???
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.