Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: cummings  (Read 15928 times)

STEMO

Re: cummings
« Reply #30 on: 24 May 2020, 18:14:15 »

UK civil service tweet:

ARROGANT AND OFFENSIVE!

Can you imagine having to work with these truth twisters?

Someone has just lost their job  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #31 on: 24 May 2020, 18:15:51 »

Not being personal, just highlighting that everyone is very quick to judge and criticise with no tolerance for context or how they themselves would behave in a given situation.

Does being in the public domain give an automatic right to be vilified for doing something that anyone else would have done similarly in the same circumstances? ???
There must have been thousands of people in exactly the same position. I doubt even 1% of them did what he did.

STEMO

« Reply #32 on: 24 May 2020, 18:18:46 »

UK civil service tweet:

ARROGANT AND OFFENSIVE!

Can you imagine having to work with these truth twisters?

Someone has just lost their job  ;D

Brilliant reply

Mark Mcvitie
@MarkMcvitie
·
13m
Replying to
@lewis_goodall
Look whoever tweeted this was just following their instincts and that is something to be applauded.

They’ve acted to stop the spread (of lies).

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 24 May 2020, 18:24:05 »

Not being personal, just highlighting that everyone is very quick to judge and criticise with no tolerance for context or how they themselves would behave in a given situation.

Does being in the public domain give an automatic right to be vilified for doing something that anyone else would have done similarly in the same circumstances? ???

Absolutely right.  :y

I would have done the same had I been in his position.

Children always come first — even ahead of government guidelines (note: not law).

This whole thing was whipped up by the media (esp. the odious Piers Morgan) who saw it as a stick to beat Johnson and the government.

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 24 May 2020, 18:25:36 »

Absolutely right.  :y

I would have done the same had I been in his position.

Children always come first — even ahead of government guidelines (note: not law).

This whole thing was whipped up by the media (esp. the odious Piers Morgan) who saw it as a stick to beat Johnson and the government.
He's succeeded, only what was a small stick is now a firkin great baseball bat.

STEMO

« Reply #35 on: 24 May 2020, 18:26:51 »

And with regards to guidelines, you don't get fined for breaking guidelines.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 24 May 2020, 18:27:55 »

From a tweet by the obnoxious Robert Peston:

"...The press will be up in arms at this - they have been completely ignored and treated as though their opinion doesn’t matter."

The opinions of the press do NOT matter.  :y

STEMO

« Reply #37 on: 24 May 2020, 18:29:32 »

From a tweet by the obnoxious Robert Peston:

"...The press will be up in arms at this - they have been completely ignored and treated as though their opinion doesn’t matter."

The opinions of the press do NOT matter.  :y
They'll matter to Cummings, probably this week  ;D

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 24 May 2020, 18:30:42 »

Many of the fines have subsequently been scrapped. Yes, they are purely guidelines, as no law has been passed forcing people to stay at home.

STEMO

« Reply #39 on: 24 May 2020, 18:34:35 »

I'm not getting into the legalities of it. The fact remains that he broke the 'guidelines' when most other people didn't. Watch out for people doing exactly as they please because their instincts tell them it's ok.
I really wasn't bothered by this one way or the other, and I am a staunch supporter of Boris, but that was a fickin train wreck, and what you or I think really doesn't matter one jot. The press will hound him out.

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 24 May 2020, 18:37:56 »

Cummings appears to be an arrogant educated idiot, and people I've met over the years who are of a similar personna quite frankly are simply not worth bothering with, he will just do as he pleases which was blatantly obvious when he was on Sky news last night.
I am sure you would present just as favourably if you had been continuously harassed by the 'media' for the last few days :-X
We all know what Cummings is: A very unpleasant egomaniac. But that is not the point, the point is did he break the rules or not?

Are you telling me it wouldn't have been better to stay in London, and if he got sick to phone the child's aunt or uncle and arrange a collection?  It's not like the couldn't have arranged a car by asking his boss for a small favour. 

Unfortunately all the press attention stops people trusting a word any of them say and we will (in my humble oppinion) see more people pushing the boundaries of the advice and see a spike in deaths (probably)

Lockdown meant I missed my brother's funeral. Dominic Cummings should be ashamed

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/may/24/lockdown-missed-brothers-funeral-dominic-cummings-ashamed?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

I know it's the Guardian and OOF prefers the Mail but the sentiments are perhaps poiniont

Rangie

• Omega Lord
  • Lincolnshire
    • RRS TDV8 Subaru Forester
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 24 May 2020, 18:42:17 »

I would like to know what odds you could get on him being gone by the end of the week, childcare is easy to arrange for front line workers & unfortunately the dumb f**k qualifies for that.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level & beat you with their experience.

Migalot

• London
    • Omega 2.6 2002
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 24 May 2020, 18:47:30 »

I would like to know what odds you could get on him being gone by the end of the week, childcare is easy to arrange for front line workers & unfortunately the dumb f**k qualifies for that.

In similar circumstances, and also living in London, I would never have entrusted my children to a stranger, especially in a similar scenario (and particularly given the father's high-profile political position). If you're a responsible parent, the safety of your offspring takes precedence above all else.

STEMO

« Reply #43 on: 24 May 2020, 18:49:15 »

Many of the fines have subsequently been scrapped. Yes, they are purely guidelines, as no law has been passed forcing people to stay at home.
This Commons Library briefing paper describes the law enforcing the UK's coronavirus lockdown. It discusses police enforcement of the lockdown and legal commentary of the lockdown rules.
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-8875/

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 24 May 2020, 18:54:33 »

Since when did GMB have any right to judge anyone?

Assuming we're talking about the same Piers Morgan that has his own pigeon hole at the OFCOM office ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 12   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 18 queries.