Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rain Sensors  (Read 4663 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Rain Sensors
« Reply #30 on: 03 September 2019, 21:04:35 »

Don't think mine has auto-dipping headlights. Then again, it may have. Haven't got round to Please read the manual'ing yet. ;D I tend to have them on manual anyway, as I don't like my HIDs getting fired up every time I go under a tree. ::)
Two different thing  Kevin  ;)
I have to say that my Merc seems not to switch its lights when it goes slightly dark 'under a tree'. There's a bit when I drive to/from work that's covered over with trees & while other makes of car tend to switch on & off their lights when it's slightly darker, mine don't.

Actually, could auto-dipping systems be the reason so many idiots drive round in traffic with their main beams on these days? >:(
Years ago a woman that worked in the canteen was confused about this 'new' blue light that had recently appeared on the dash of her car and couldn't work out why people were flashing at her!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 03 September 2019, 21:06:13 by Andy B »

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04 September 2019, 21:56:32 »

Years ago a woman that worked in the canteen was confused about this 'new' blue light that had recently appeared on the dash of her car and couldn't work out why people were flashing at her!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yet, if she'd been dawdling along a fast A road at 45, you can bet the blue light would be nowhere to be seen. ::)

One saving grace is that the Jag has excellent main beams, so I can give them a proper blinding in return. ;D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 05 September 2019, 15:06:07 »

I think mine is 25mph, but could be wrong.  But certainly sub 50mph, not sure why you'd need high beam  :-\

So you can see enough to go over 50 MPH, or so that someone following who wants to can see if it's safe to overtake. A fact that a fair proportion of the driving public appear not to have grasped. >:(
Round these parts, every moron has adjusted at least one of their headlights to that full beam is actually less dazzling than dipped.  Annoys aircraft pilots mind.

I'm guessing mine dips at the same speed as yours Kevin, but as neither of use CBA to read the manual, we'll never know, and like YZ250, I always tend to disable the system by accident by overriding it manually without thinking. Maybe one day I'll get used to it, but I haven't yet in 2.5yrs ;D

So X760 (XE) uses the later ADAS forward facing camera than fitted to the earlier X351 (XJ) which is MUCH better at high beam detection and response (designed primarily for the matrix LED lamps so dim/dip is easy), if it is enabled it will be quicker and better. That said, it only comes as default with adaptive lighting (its Car Config File setting).

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 05 September 2019, 15:09:16 »

I tend to have them on manual anyway, as I don't like my HIDs getting fired up every time I go under a tree. ::)

Not such an issue on the later HIDs, they have a more advanced driver setup, some of which is integrated into the base of the bulb. They last better and don't stress the lamp nearly as much during strike up.  :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 05 September 2019, 16:50:01 »

I tend to have them on manual anyway, as I don't like my HIDs getting fired up every time I go under a tree. ::)

Not such an issue on the later HIDs, they have a more advanced driver setup, some of which is integrated into the base of the bulb. They last better and don't stress the lamp nearly as much during strike up.  :y

I noted that the headlight 'flash' on my 14 plate Merc uses the HID. It used to be the case that HIDs were considered too slow to use which is why main beam used to be ordinary filament bulbs (yes .... I know you plant bulbs in the garden  ::))

The head lights do quite a dance though when they're first switched on  :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06 September 2019, 07:34:41 »

The dance is the steering motors setting, Omega used to do the same also  :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06 September 2019, 16:35:28 »

I guess the Merc has adaptive headlights as well, so will do a left/right dance as well as up/down like the Omega
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06 September 2019, 18:03:54 »

As Jamie says ..... it's a far more elaborate dance than the Omega used to do (though I have to say I can never remember my Omega's lights moving too much when they first switched on  :-\)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06 September 2019, 18:14:14 »

As Jamie says ..... it's a far more elaborate dance than the Omega used to do (though I have to say I can never remember my Omega's lights moving too much when they first switched on  :-\)
It was a quick flick up and down ;)

The adaptive xenons on the E Class were all over the place by comparison...
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 21 queries.