Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Rain Sensors  (Read 4654 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Rain Sensors
« Reply #15 on: 29 August 2019, 18:45:51 »

Volvo modules are coded to the original chassis  :-X

And?  ???  ::)  :-\  :D
That may explain it not working...  ::) :P

Knob!  :P  ::)  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 August 2019, 18:47:02 »

The auto wipers on TBE are a PITA, they sniff out a drop of water within 10,000 miles, and I tend not to use it.

The big Black Pussy has a sensitivity setting on the wiper stalk to make it more usable, but still not perfect, but the convenience v hassle ratio means its often enabled.

Auto lights on the big Black Pussy again is pretty usable, and usually enabled, and has to be enabled if you use the headlight delay function to keep them on for an adjustable amount of time when you stop the car in the dark.

Auto High Beam on the Pussy is a double edge sword.  Its very good at putting on high beam, but probably only 95% good enough on going back to dipped beam is what I would call "quickly enough".  So its usage varies on a daily basis.
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 August 2019, 18:52:15 »

Auto High Beam on the Pussy is a double edge sword.  Its very good at putting on high beam, but probably only 95% good enough on going back to dipped beam is what I would call "quickly enough".  So its usage varies on a daily basis.

I've only had the chance to properly use my Auto high beam once since I got it. It works but a bit gimmicky IMHO ..... and only works at 30odd mph or faster so you can't use main beam when going slow unless you turn the lights from Auto or just pull the stalk forward using the flash.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 August 2019, 18:53:53 »

Thanks for the responses!   :y    Useful and otherwise.  ::)  ;D

I phoned the windscreen company who told me what has been said here and they will check the sensor when they fit the new screen.  :y
Thanks for the responses!   :y    Useful and otherwise.  ::)  ;D

I phoned the windscreen company who told me what has been said here and they will check the sensor when they fit the new screen.  :y
Touche, Tig.  ;D ;D ;D :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 August 2019, 18:59:52 »

I've only had the chance to properly use my Auto high beam once since I got it. It works but a bit gimmicky IMHO ..... and only works at 30odd mph or faster so you can't use main beam when going slow unless you turn the lights from Auto or just pull the stalk forward using the flash.
I think mine is 25mph, but could be wrong.  But certainly sub 50mph, not sure why you'd need high beam  :-\
Grumpy old man

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 August 2019, 19:08:44 »

I think mine is 25mph, but could be wrong.  But certainly sub 50mph, not sure why you'd need high beam  :-\

I might not need it .... just would like   ;)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 August 2019, 20:00:09 »

So you can see enough to go over 50 MPH, or so that someone following who wants to can see if it's safe to overtake. A fact that a fair proportion of the driving public appear not to have grasped. >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 August 2019, 20:16:13 »

So you can see enough to go over 50 MPH, or so that someone following who wants to can see if it's safe to overtake. A fact that a fair proportion of the driving public appear not to have grasped. >:(

Indeed, and also when travelling slowly down country lanes, avoiding wild life and the odd member of the country folk walking home.  Dipped beam does not always provide the vision you require ;)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 August 2019, 20:25:34 »

On the Beemer the auto full beam dips as you enter a built up area (street lights) or when your speed drops below 30mph (as I'm guessing it assumes you've entered a built up area). I'll test that theory if I remember. Trouble is, I'm so used to hovering my finger over the full beam stalk that I still do it when set to auto, so I might as well not bother using it.  ::)
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 August 2019, 18:06:27 »

Round these parts, every moron has adjusted at least one of their headlights to that full beam is actually less dazzling than dipped.  Annoys aircraft pilots mind.

I'm guessing mine dips at the same speed as yours Kevin, but as neither of use CBA to read the manual, we'll never know, and like YZ250, I always tend to disable the system by accident by overriding it manually without thinking. Maybe one day I'll get used to it, but I haven't yet in 2.5yrs ;D
Grumpy old man

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30 August 2019, 18:21:05 »

Well it turns out that when it last had a windscreen the fitters fitted the rain sensor the wrong way round.  ::)

Refitted properly and all good!  :y

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 30 August 2019, 18:30:05 »

Well it turns out that when it last had a windscreen the fitters fitted the rain sensor the wrong way round.  ::)

Ignore my post in 'tother thread then.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 August 2019, 18:46:43 »

That's quite impressive, even for a windscreen fitter :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 30 August 2019, 23:38:11 »

Round these parts, every moron has adjusted at least one of their headlights to that full beam is actually less dazzling than dipped.  Annoys aircraft pilots mind.

I'm guessing mine dips at the same speed as yours Kevin, but as neither of use CBA to read the manual, we'll never know, and like YZ250, I always tend to disable the system by accident by overriding it manually without thinking. Maybe one day I'll get used to it, but I haven't yet in 2.5yrs ;D

Don't think mine has auto-dipping headlights. Then again, it may have. Haven't got round to Please read the manual'ing yet. ;D I tend to have them on manual anyway, as I don't like my HIDs getting fired up every time I go under a tree. ::)

Actually, could auto-dipping systems be the reason so many idiots drive round in traffic with their main beams on these days? >:(
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 September 2019, 20:46:47 »

Going about my business in the rain today I discovered my rain sensor had stopped working again and I had no intermittent wipe function.  >:(

So when I got back, I disconnected it and now have old fashioned variable intermittent wipe that's just controlled by the stalk which will do.  :y

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.