Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Don't forget to listen to your radio tomorrow  (Read 7943 times)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
Re: Don't forget to listen to your radio tomorrow
« Reply #45 on: 16 March 2018, 00:23:56 »

Are you suggesting Russia has assisted North Korea’s nuclear weapons development?

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 16 March 2018, 00:28:15 »

I really hope that, this time, we stick to our guns and make that bastard Putin feel the full weight of world condemnation. He is no more than a smirking gangster who runs the country like dirty business.

This may or may not be true, but it doesn't change the fact that in terms of weapons and conflict ability and technology, they are the most advanced nuclear state in the world, by a far country mile, and are not someone we, or anyone else, should provoke.

Of course we should condemn any underhand activities, but you can't change the fact that, if they wish, they can blow us out of the ocean, and there's sod all we or anyone else can do about it. I very much doubt "trident" would get past their defences, certainly enough to cause them a loss of operational capacity.

I may well be wrong. Or influenced by scare mongering press. etc. But I still feel it's like comparing a pea shooter to a machine gun....

ICBMs are very difficult to stop especially when launched in numbers, a full exchange would destroy large parts of Russia, the US and Europe. The US and Russia both have anti-missile defenses which may stop a small percentage of the ICBMs. These days they all have multiple independently targeted reentry vehicles and multiple decoys systems. Russia tends to talk about their nuclear weapons a lot as this is the only area where they have MAD parity with the West. This includes a lot of propaganda which lazy media studies journalist repeat verbatim in the MSM. Where 'big' sells newspapers there has been much press on large Russian 'Satan' nuclear weapons and these are actually not as an effective use of the ICBM carrying capacity as multiple warheads in terms of all/nothing shots and reliability v most of a cluster of small weapons will get through and the dispersed small weapon will cause a bigger area of damage and deaths. In a conventional war they would lose where in terms of military might it is the US and everybody else.

Submarine warfare has always been a game of cat and mouse and although Russian boats have got much quieter the West still has an advantage. What also must never be forgotten is that Russian weapons tend to be much more unreliable than their Western counterparts as the crashing of a significant percentage of their cruise missiles showed when they used them in Syria in 2017. On Youtube there are a number of videos of Russian SSM and SAM launch failures which resulted in casualties.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 16 March 2018, 00:56:23 »

Are you suggesting Russia has assisted North Korea’s nuclear weapons development?

Absolutely, not only in terms of ICBM technology but also nuclear bomb technology, especially their miniaturization for use on ICBMs. DPRK do not have the skills or capacity to advance at this rate. There is a small 10-20 mile Russian DPRK common border which is used for the export of sanctioned goods where Russia is the biggest sanctions busting country, but last year Russia started a new ferry service between the nearest Russian and DPRK ports. Putin's judgement is that Little Rocket Man will only use the weapons against the USA or South Korea.

The proposed Kim and Trump summit will be in reality a Putin Officials, Trump summit with Kim as Putin's 'official' contact. The patsy in the room will be Putin's asset Trump where Putin must be very disappointed with his performance to date, but having him in the WH is better than a hostile POTUS, so Trump will come home with some sort of deal, but the important part will be what Trump has to do for Putin. What should never be forgotten is that there is a direct link between a Trump Tower server and a Russian Alpha Bank one. Some of its uses are in the public domain on its use in hacking computers containing state voting data being passed from the US to Moscow and social media messages targeted back in return. 5 eyes SIGINT is the best on the planet and there have been various hints that they know everything that the Trump crime clan have been up to. The difficulty of any intelligence data is that much is difficult to use in prosecutions without revealing sources, but it looks like Mueller has been targeting and turning key individuals by having this information, so he can then use their statements rather than intelligence sources, which is smart. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

STEMO

« Reply #48 on: 16 March 2018, 06:38:11 »

I really hope that, this time, we stick to our guns and make that bastard Putin feel the full weight of world condemnation. He is no more than a smirking gangster who runs the country like dirty business.

This may or may not be true, but it doesn't change the fact that in terms of weapons and conflict ability and technology, they are the most advanced nuclear state in the world, by a far country mile, and are not someone we, or anyone else, should provoke.

Of course we should condemn any underhand activities, but you can't change the fact that, if they wish, they can blow us out of the ocean, and there's sod all we or anyone else can do about it. I very much doubt "trident" would get past their defences, certainly enough to cause them a loss of operational capacity.

I may well be wrong. Or influenced by scare mongering press. etc. But I still feel it's like comparing a pea shooter to a machine gun....
I think you'll find that they provoked us, James. Of course we are no match for Russia, we never were, that's why the NATO alliance was formed.
The game that's been played between east and west for the last 70 years is: Is the leader of Russia/USA really angry/stupid/evil enough to launch a preemptive strike? If you can convince the other side that you are, then you have the upper hand. Putin is winning that game at the moment, I think.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 16 March 2018, 11:39:48 »

Ice caps are good places to hide as satellites can't detect any water layer temperature disturbances. :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 16 March 2018, 12:08:28 »

Feeling the need to seek out a copy of "Ice Station Zebra". 8)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

STEMO

« Reply #52 on: 16 March 2018, 12:19:01 »

Ice caps are good places to hide as satellites can't detect any water layer temperature disturbances. :y
Well he knows where it is now  :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 16 March 2018, 18:14:09 »

“Frankly, Russia should go away and should shut up.”  Gavin Williamson, UK Secretary Of State For Defence.

If the best we can do is to have people like this in high office, then it's no wonder that the Russians are thumbing their noses at us!  ::)

What a knob!  >:(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

STEMO

« Reply #54 on: 16 March 2018, 18:40:28 »

“Frankly, Russia should go away and should shut up.”  Gavin Williamson, UK Secretary Of State For Defence.

If the best we can do is to have people like this in high office, then it's no wonder that the Russians are thumbing their noses at us!  ::)

What a knob!  >:(
Sergei Lavrov said he was a nice young man, but he could do with an education.  ;D

'An education' could mean anything  :o

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 16 March 2018, 18:43:39 »

I think the Generals refer to him as Private Pike.  ;D
He refers to himself as "the soon to be leader of the Tory party, and PM".  ::).......You've got to have a dream.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #56 on: 16 March 2018, 18:43:43 »

Another Russian has been murdered in his London flat, but he was only strangled, so he's only worth thirty seconds on the news.

STEMO

« Reply #57 on: 16 March 2018, 18:45:01 »

He refers to himself as "the soon to be leader of the Tory party, and PM".  ::).......You've got to have a dream.  ;D
Putin himself is like a smirking schoolboy. "Wasn't me.........honest".

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 16 March 2018, 18:47:22 »

Yes. An instantly forgotten individual. :-\

STEMO

« Reply #59 on: 16 March 2018, 18:48:30 »

Yes. An instantly forgotten individual. :-\
Who?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 22 queries.