Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Well he would, wouldn't he . . . .  (Read 1156 times)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Well he would, wouldn't he . . . .
« on: 20 July 2018, 22:17:13 »

With all the hooo haa and divisions going on over here about what position we should adopt for Brexit terms, already the EU is looking to negotiate them downwards

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44903652

Whatever you think about Boris, he was spot on regarding this

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Well he would, wouldn't he . . . .
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2018, 22:28:00 »

Yes Barnier will aim to extend the reach of the 'common rulebook' to the point that it is the single market in all but name.  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2018, 07:02:55 »

It looks like we are now reaching the point where the EU is going to have to start compromising, or we leave without a deal and go to WTO rules.
Im fine with that apart from the fact that we could have done it two years ago and saved a lot of time and hassle.
Im sure they would have given us a call by now suggesting we come and have a talk about a few things.  ::)
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 July 2018, 07:13:04 »

This was the only possible, reasonable outcome... For all the drunken oafs' posturing, the European management committee can't agree on something as simple as the correct curve of a banana, so to get a consensus on something as complex as to the details of a country leaving is never going to happen.Ever.

The fact that there isn't a clearly defined process as to how a country can leave the EU says it all...

It was only ever going to be WTO rules or remain. With their attitude to even the concept of Brexit, I would take WTO rules every time.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 July 2018, 10:11:17 »

I had to laugh yesterday when the posturing Irish PM threatened to ban UK aircraft from Irish airspace in the event of no deal.  ::)

A UK minister (forget who) commented that he hoped that Varadakar liked going to Lanzarote for his holidays as it would be about the only place in Europe that he could fly to if the UK reciprocated!  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 July 2018, 10:38:59 »

It's not really much of a surprise the EU 'wants it's own way'

We decided to leave. Twenty seven others have decided to stay. Not rocket science really.

When we do finally leave I'm starting to  think NO DEAL is preferable. At least we can leave with some dignity and then figure out what to do after the dust has settled. Not ideal by any stretch of the imagination but........ :-X

BRINO which Theresa May is trying to persuade us is really BREXIT MEANS BREXIT essentially means we leave the EU like a whipped dog with it's tail between it's legs.

A total clustertf*uck. :-\

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 July 2018, 13:01:33 »

I had to laugh yesterday when the posturing Irish PM threatened to ban UK aircraft from Irish airspace in the event of no deal.  ::)

A UK minister (forget who) commented that he hoped that Varadakar liked going to Lanzarote for his holidays as it would be about the only place in Europe that he could fly to if the UK reciprocated!  ;D

I was reading about this the other day.  NATS (UK) and IAA (ROI) currently share responsibility for UK/Ireland airspace as a FAB (Functional Airspace Block). This is only possible under the EU’s Single Sky agreement.

No deal = Treaty no longer applies to the UK = FAB no longer workable. The IAA can no longer legally oversee air traffic for the UK/together with NATS.

Bit of info here. https://www.nats.aero/about-us/ses/uk-ireland-fab/

I would have thought common sense could prevail. Maybe that Mr O'Leary will sort it.  I am certainly not going to book a flight anywhere during April next year. I still think that in the likely event of a no deal that there will be shortages of certain foods, medicine and vehicle parts to name three. Food will be rotting in 100 mile long lorry parks either side of the channel. If that srt of disruption does happen, I hope in ten years time we reflect on what a useless bunch of timewasting negotiaters we suffered.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 July 2018, 14:19:47 »

In the event of 'No Deal' the UK should unilaterally declare that it recognises EU standards and will not be carrying out customs checks or charge tariffs for the time being.  What the EU decides to do is up to them.  ;)

We import a lot of fresh produce from countries like Kenya, Morocco, Israel, and South Africa, yet we never hear stories of a container of tomatoes from Morocco that rotted due to customs delays.  ::)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 July 2018, 15:22:20 »

Exactly.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.