Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: F1 conspiracy  (Read 2353 times)

annihilator

• Wirral
    • 2 Jags XKR/JR
    • View Profile
F1 conspiracy
« on: 27 July 2014, 11:19:44 »

anyone else think Mercedes F1 team are sabotaging Hamiltons car so Rosberg can be the 1st german F1 champ winning in a car from a german manufacturer. :o

chrisgixer

Re: F1 conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: 27 July 2014, 11:47:08 »

No. :)

chrisgixer

« Reply #2 on: 27 July 2014, 11:50:44 »

Ferraris current situation gives me a sense of deep joy though. Unfortunately to Kimi's detriment.

And its great to see Lewis fighting through the field. Where possible of course. :)

kevinp58

• Omega Knight
  • kent
    • 2002 3.2 elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 July 2014, 12:04:34 »

lets hope so he is a spoilt little t--t

cleggy

« Reply #4 on: 27 July 2014, 13:01:57 »

The same thought crossed my mind but the answer is a big NO. Arson, I don't think so. F1 is at the forefront of technology especially this season with the rule changes, and things are in development all the time and you put them on one car first, check the outcome before applying the changes to both cars. So perhaps your question should be "are they trying the new bits to Lewis' car first, before applying them to Roseberg's"

chrisgixer

« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2014, 13:36:57 »

Lewis is now one car behind his team mate. Btw :y

05omegav6

« Reply #6 on: 27 July 2014, 15:20:22 »

Liked Lewis' response when asked about starting at the back of the grid... summat along the lines of... well, I've got a new engine and new gearbox, can't be penalised any more, and they can't make me start any further back, inspite of it... ;D

He is certainly capable of driving up the field, adds to the excitement, which is ultimately what people want to see :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #7 on: 27 July 2014, 18:13:32 »

Well. Mercedes didn't help themselves with any conspiracy theorists by asking Lewis to let Nico through. To which he replied, I'm not slowing down for him. If he passes I won't block him. Damn right too.

Out of order from the team IMO. Lewis had every right there. But, people might ask why they gave preference to Nico in a situation that was borderline in making any difference either way to the constructor, but would help Nico much more than Lewis. Given the team had announced previously hiw unlucky Lewis had been and that they needed to support him.

As always in life, it's not what people say, but what people do, that counts. :)

cleggy

« Reply #8 on: 27 July 2014, 18:35:14 »

What a brilliant race the second in a row. Lewis did well from the pit lane, as did Adrian Newey. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 July 2014, 19:24:24 »

I feel sure that Vettel is extremely happy that Ricciardo is so successful this season. :)

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 July 2014, 19:37:19 »

I really rate young Daniel Ricardo as a racer,seems a nice chap too and he's certainly showing up Vettel at the moment :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 28 July 2014, 18:35:03 »

Crikey. First time I have watched a race over 24 hours later.

Great race, I don't agree Lewis is a spoilt. he is what he is - a modern day racer. A good question to ask is why the team put Hamilton on Mediums to the end of the race even though he had softs available BUT put Rosberg on the soft. Just who the hell made that decision. Otherwise Hamilton would have won the race.

I am impressed with Ricciardo.

I am not impressed with Mercedes. fancy openly saying they want a two German driver team for 2016. They are the T**Ts. I wonder if Hamilton will go back to Mclaren when Button retires.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

cleggy

« Reply #12 on: 28 July 2014, 19:49:26 »

Where did the comment" two Kraut drivers " come from? Not that I am surprised by it.
As for tyres, Hamilton had loads left for the race so yes who chose the strategy?
The plot thickens. :(

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 28 July 2014, 20:31:41 »

I always thought red bull were sabotaging webers car   Wouldn't surprise me. F one is so much money there has to be conspiracies
RIP Paul Lovejoy

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 28 July 2014, 20:36:09 »

Can't afford to have Riccardo loose now, he keeps bagging the big constructors points

chrisgixer

« Reply #15 on: 28 July 2014, 20:37:27 »

I always thought red bull were sabotaging webers car   Wouldn't surprise me. F one is so much money there has to be conspiracies

Tbh. I was utterly convinced of that too. Nobody is that unlucky. I think Webber just accepted he'd never have Kurz available to him.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 July 2014, 20:57:57 »

Tbh. I was utterly convinced of that too. Nobody is that unlucky. I think Webber just accepted he'd never have Kurz available to him.

Yup.  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 July 2014, 11:24:33 »

Where did the comment" two Kraut drivers " come from? Not that I am surprised by it.
As for tyres, Hamilton had loads left for the race so yes who chose the strategy?

I can't find where I read that - it was before Rosberg recently re-signed for Mercedes. It would be one of the 3 stooges that said it in this order

Niki Lauda, Toto Wolff and Paddy Lowe

It is a shame that Ross Brawn didn't feel able to take up the job of managing the team. Maybe he could see that Niki Lauda and Toto Wolff were going to be trouble.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

cleggy

« Reply #18 on: 29 July 2014, 12:37:03 »

I can't find where I read that - it was before Rosberg recently re-signed for Mercedes. It would be one of the 3 stooges that said it in this order

It is a shame that Ross Brawn didn't feel able to take up the job of managing the team. Maybe he could see that Niki Lauda and Toto Wolff were going to be trouble.

To answer my own question, it probably comes from the speculation the Mercedes want to sign Vettel, so one German and a half really considering Rosberg is half Swedish. :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #19 on: 29 July 2014, 14:30:06 »

Ferrari need Brawn back. Weather they choose to admit it is another story though.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 July 2014, 15:39:34 »

Ferrari need a new designer. Kimi and Alonso may be great... but they wont win owt in their current ford capri
RIP Paul Lovejoy

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 July 2014, 17:00:51 »

Ferrari need a new engine designer. Kimi and Alonso may be great... but they wont win owt in their current ford capri

Fixed.  :y

Car is solid, just the engine lacks grunt

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 July 2014, 17:54:39 »

Ferrari need a new engine designer. Kimi and Alonso may be great... but they wont win owt in their current ford capri

Fixed.  :y

Car is solid, just the engine lacks grunt

I agree,reckon the car is pretty good,must be for Alonso to keep getting pretty decent results
other rides 

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 29 July 2014, 18:56:42 »

Yeah but pretty good is nowhere near the mercs  :y
RIP Paul Lovejoy

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 29 July 2014, 20:14:34 »

but don't the other makes have the same engine as the mercs.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 July 2014, 22:36:12 »

but don't the other makes have the same engine as the mercs.

I would say Mclaren, Williams and Force India. Williams are certainly making a reasonable car with their engine.

Alonso demonstrates that a class driver will still achieve good results in a mediocre car. He is good at making places up on the first lap while grip is at "unknown levels".

Mercedes seem to be good with innovation (like that long shaft turbo) but not very good at actually bolting it all together. Team discipline? Leadership?

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 July 2014, 00:37:30 »

I think carwise Williams have done the best job this year,they've come from nowhere to being contenders this year and it's great to see them "back" :y
other rides 

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 July 2014, 10:26:03 »

I think carwise Williams have done the best job this year,they've come from nowhere to being contenders this year and it's great to see them "back" :y

:y :y :y

Plus i like to look at claire williams  :-* :-* :-*
RIP Paul Lovejoy
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.