Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Gatwick...  (Read 1672 times)

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
Re: Gatwick...
« Reply #15 on: 28 July 2014, 15:39:20 »

No practice. Straight into a 50 strong society on the second of two days of golf. And we won our pairs of which I won most of the first 8 holes. Needles to say the standard was quite low. But to be commended I think.

Nope. Didn't catch any of that. There are plenty of BMW drivers here, though, so I'll get one of them to translate that "golfist speak" later. :y

;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 July 2014, 15:45:02 »

Well that was a rather distaster! >:(

Plane was delayed 45 mins coming in due to weather, fine I thought.  I quick coffee qnd we were boarding.

We sat on the tarmac for nearly 3 hours before we took off!  Then arriving at Lyon the ground staff weren't expecting us so there was only a skeleton crew so it took another hour for the baggage.  I just said to my client, "buckit, I am off to the hotel, no point in me coming to work for 90 mins!

It's nobody's fault really; just bad luck with the weather, but I wonder where I stand with that european law on delays....?

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 28 July 2014, 17:14:06 »

Just been reading about a new twist to airport theft.

A few days ago at Malaga a little old lady from Eastern Europe stole bags from reclaim and then despite the security staff seeing her on cameras, managed to escape. How? Who knows. Got out and back on a flight home with other folks suitcases? I always thought that part of an airport is "secure".

Last time I flew, I got held up by "Mr 100's or litres of liquids". He had enough perfume to start a cash and carry. No wonder it takes 45 minutes to clear security. Mind you they had to call the top man to have a look at my boxed empty, brand new gearbox oil filling pump! So maybe someone behind me was cursing too.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 July 2014, 17:36:32 »

There will be some element of supplies in a family accommodation is my point.

BTW, I'm with you on baggage, but no bloody chance with this lot. Mrs TB being one of the top culprits
Grumpy old man

05omegav6

« Reply #19 on: 28 July 2014, 18:14:28 »

Apparently Swissport recruited a number of baggage handlers a couple of months ago...

Mostly school leavers, the average length of employment before quitting is three shifts for those that cannot stomach the job. The biggest issue though,  is that the weekend early shifts are run on a voluntary basis :o

So basically the only people who show up to work are those time served employees who actually value their jobs...

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 July 2014, 18:57:38 »

Having just done 10 days in Spain, with golf shoes and clobber and some clothes that went unworn, obviously your completely and utterly wrong about needing a case. A cabin bag is more than enough.

golfist! :o

I bet he's got a debadged 320d with M3 alloys stashed somewhere for his trips to the club. ;)

as ive always suspected, there's even the golfist other favourite car a lexus. which I do believe,is in the house :)
Hoof'land storeman.

chrisgixer

« Reply #21 on: 28 July 2014, 19:35:23 »

Nout wrong with a lexus. You can tell their reliable as they are near the top of dtm's most unreliable and not a Vauxhall list. Mmmm must be almost bomb proof then ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 July 2014, 10:07:11 »

Nout wrong with a lexus. You can tell their reliable as they are near the top of dtm's most unreliable and not a Vauxhall list. Mmmm must be almost bomb proof then ;D
Not sure the guy who does the TD chips would agree ;D

On the occasions it worked without dumping fluids in a big bag of cloud, it was awfully quick though. Trouble is, being an import, you had to pull the ABS fuse to go over 110, and that always resulted in a tail wiggle when the autobox changed gear.

Grumpy old man

omega3000

« Reply #23 on: 29 July 2014, 12:18:14 »

No practice. Straight into a 50 strong society on the second of two days of golf. And we won our pairs of which I won most of the first 8 holes. Needles to say the standard was quite low. But to be commended I think.

Nope. Didn't catch any of that. There are plenty of BMW drivers here, though, so I'll get one of them to translate that "golfist speak" later. :y

;)

:D

chrisgixer

« Reply #24 on: 29 July 2014, 14:37:16 »

I wonder. What happened to TB's golf clubs?

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 July 2014, 15:15:56 »

I wonder. What happened to TB's golf clubs?

Have they re-entered a standard orbit yet?

chrisgixer

« Reply #26 on: 29 July 2014, 15:20:27 »

(Snigger)

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29 July 2014, 15:37:35 »

Last seen all over Brakkers. ;D ;D
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 21 queries.