Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is it with old people..?  (Read 5500 times)

chrisgixer

What is it with old people..?
« on: 28 July 2014, 19:14:22 »

I've had one on here recently, and will remain nameless but shows typical signs, who seems to have forgotten that the rest of the world have jobs families and limited time of any sort, much less a spare couple of hours to drop everything and help fix their car/front door/what ever else that's broken it can't do themselves.

Now don't get me wrong I'm all up for help the aged, and all that. But why does everything become so bloody important once retired? So much so that they badger their helpers to death repeatedly re requesting even though the promise of help has been given? And that one little job always turns into several jobs, and had to be done there and then.

Bloody impatient buggers. Wait your turn! I haven't done me own job yet, much less yours. FFS.

Rant over! And breeeeath.

CaptainZok

• Omega Lord
  • Bolton
  • Victim of Cyberbullying.
    • 3.2 MV6 Estate
    • View Profile
Re: What is it with old people..?
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2014, 19:19:27 »

Has STEMO been e-mithering you again petal? ;D
PM me for code reading/clearing
TuBy's new whipping boy.

chrisgixer

« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2014, 19:27:07 »

Oh, and old women! Irritable impatient fist waving bints some of them. (But by no means all obviously) Just now, 30mph in a 30. A possey of bints stride deliberately to the side if the road, off the kerb and into the road, obviously assuming I'm going to stop. WRONG. Obviously.

And the closer I get, the more the faces frown, the mouths open, and expletives are mouthed as I pass with a fist wave thrown in. Well obviously I have to reverse up and enquire as to what the precise problem is, only to be met by the lady who lives opposite at the back of the group, out power walking with her gang. Local bloody terrorists.

It seems I had the ordasity to be driving on the road when they wanted to cross. Tough shit. Wait your turn for the only car in sight for miles.

JeezARSE ! I've just fixed her car battery issues and there's the thanks I get.

Shoot the bloody lot if em I say >:(

Right. All done now. Carry on ;D

« Last Edit: 28 July 2014, 19:33:11 by ropeman »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2014, 19:29:03 »

Old people are a bloody pain in the arse.

........and they smell of stale piss.

If we had a'cull' of all people over 70 then we would save the country billions of pounds. :y

chrisgixer

« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2014, 19:30:02 »

They do indeed. I think some of it might of rubbed off on me as well. :(
« Last Edit: 28 July 2014, 19:31:52 by ropeman »

chrisgixer

« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2014, 19:30:49 »

Has STEMO been e-mithering you again petal? ;D

Oh don't set him off as well. I've had enough for one day ;D

4x4

« Reply #6 on: 28 July 2014, 19:31:27 »

Maybe you should unfix her battery problem,im sure a cut in the right place will do the job,bloody ungrateful people

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 July 2014, 19:55:38 »

If we had a'cull' of all people over 70 then we would save the country billions of pounds. :y

I don't think I do, but you are welcome to check. ::) ::) ::)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 28 July 2014, 19:56:50 »

Never mind children, you will be old one day. ;D ;D ;D ;D :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 28 July 2014, 19:58:17 »

Never mind children, you will be old one day. ;D ;D ;D ;D :y

Some of 'em anyway :y :y :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 28 July 2014, 20:10:17 »

I'm a bit p****ed off with the generalisations on this thread, notwithstanding the underlying pisstakes, While I fully appreciate that many of you are less than half my age, and are still gainfully(?) employed, not all of us 'retired' and over a certain age are in their dotage. For example, for the last six weeks I have been working on an extension on our house, starting at 8.00 each morning and not finishing until 6.30 or later. I am now on the downhill leg, having fitted the kitchen units and sink over the past two days, and tomorrow I lay the floor tiles. I have done all the plumbing and electrics, and did the labouring for the brickie and plasterer, I hope that you are all still capable of doing such works when you reach my age (77.5), as well as maintaining your Omegas, which I hope to get back to when the garage is once more available. 8) ;) :y :y :y

omega3000

« Reply #11 on: 28 July 2014, 20:14:00 »

Happily following a morris minor yesterday with the flicky out indicators , the old man driving barely seeing above steering wheel  ::) then he braked .. no brake lights or indicators flashing  :o
I was laughing but the 30 cars behind me were not so happy  ;D

We will be old before we know it

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 28 July 2014, 20:16:43 »

Happily following a morris minor yesterday with the flicky out indicators , the old man driving barely seeing above steering wheel  ::) then he braked .. no brake lights or indicators flashing  :o

you already said it had semaphores ....... they didn't (originally) flash  ;)

omega3000

« Reply #13 on: 28 July 2014, 20:19:31 »

you already said it had semaphores ....... they didn't (originally) flash  ;)

Are yes  ;) But they should light up though  :y

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #14 on: 28 July 2014, 20:25:28 »

I took someones driving licence of them the other day, 85yrs old! After watching them drive OVER  ::) ::) ::) a bloody great big grassed central verged roundabout in the middle of Warrington, in rush hour!!! I'm still amazed how they A) didn't kill themselves / anyone else B) didn't even hit another car :o :o :o C) argued with me when I told them what they'd done and said 'Well no one was injured'  ??? ??? ???

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 28 July 2014, 20:28:12 »

Are yes  ;) But they should light up though  :y

Agreed  :y ..... but not necessarily flash  ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 July 2014, 20:29:52 »

C) argued with me when I told them what they'd done and said 'Well no one was injured'  ??? ??? ???

I'll save that line for if I get stopped for speeding  ;D  ;D

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #17 on: 28 July 2014, 20:35:44 »

I'll save that line for if I get stopped for speeding

Doesn't work with me AndyB, trust me  :y :y :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 July 2014, 20:39:11 »

I'll save that line for if I get stopped for speeding

Doesn't work with me AndyB, trust me  :y :y :y

Oh well ......  ;D ;D ;D

and besides ...... I never speed!  ::)  ::) 

chrisgixer

« Reply #19 on: 28 July 2014, 20:43:03 »

I'm a bit p****ed off with the generalisations on this thread, notwithstanding the underlying pisstakes, While I fully appreciate that many of you are less than half my age, and are still gainfully(?) employed, not all of us 'retired' and over a certain age are in their dotage. For example, for the last six weeks I have been working on an extension on our house, starting at 8.00 each morning and not finishing until 6.30 or later. I am now on the downhill leg, having fitted the kitchen units and sink over the past two days, and tomorrow I lay the floor tiles. I have done all the plumbing and electrics, and did the labouring for the brickie and plasterer, I hope that you are all still capable of doing such works when you reach my age (77.5), as well as maintaining your Omegas, which I hope to get back to when the garage is once more available. 8) ;) :y :y :y

If I have had your energy Shack I'd be delighted. But then, if I was at your time of life, I wouldn't be working, much less working shifts. ;)

But here's hoping. :y

What's the secret? Little blue pills? ;D ;) :y

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 July 2014, 22:06:27 »

To all you impudent, impatient 'young un's'.
'Old People' are but mirror images of yourselves seen through wrinkled glass that has felt the washleather of life too frequently to give a frig! :-*
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 July 2014, 22:27:20 »

With age comes new attitudes.............. :D :D :D

My 4 Moods:

I’m to old for this shit,
I’m to tired for this shit,
I’m to sober for this shit,
I don’t have time for this shit.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 July 2014, 22:33:48 »

If I have had your energy Shack I'd be delighted. But then, if I was at your time of life, I wouldn't be working, much less working shifts. ;)

Just keep going, age is just a number. I am pretty active generally, and watch very little TV, I still scuba dive regularly, play golf when I get time, ocsnl tennis, and I guess I was lucky in life's gene pool lottery and picked a healthy set of inherited genes! :y :y :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 July 2014, 22:42:39 »

Just keep going, age is just a number. I am pretty active generally, and watch very little TV, I still scuba dive regularly, play golf when I get time, ocsnl tennis, and I guess I was lucky in life's gene pool lottery and picked a healthy set of inherited genes! :y :y :y

Ahh, Gixer'll be alright, then.  ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

chrisgixer

« Reply #24 on: 28 July 2014, 22:49:31 »

Ahh, Gixer'll be alright, then.  ;)

Pfffff. I didn't mention how the last 9 holes went you'll notice. I was bloody knackered. ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 July 2014, 10:15:39 »

And that's why you're fitter than many half your age Shack :y
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 July 2014, 10:18:05 »

With age comes new attitudes.............. :D :D :D

My 4 Moods:

I’m to old for this shit,
I’m to tired for this shit,
I’m to sober for this shit,
I don’t have time for this shit.
That's my motto at work with this current batch of managers and their stupid, retarded ideas. Hence I'm on daily report  :-[ ;D
Grumpy old man

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #27 on: 29 July 2014, 11:12:27 »

Well said Shackeng!! :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y

We must all remember that with age comes greater knowledge, experience and wisdom.  However, as we age we become more like children again, but in varying degrees dependant on the individual.  Unless dying before "old age", whatever that really means, we will ALL change to an older mode of thinking and living.

Obviously in certain cases this process leads to the individual becoming 'less safe' to themselves and others, as Jasonm found with the 85 year old driver!  But not everyone will do so at the same time; some earlier, some later in "old age".  However, just think how many much younger people are a danger to themselves, are inconsiderate to others, and are far more of a damn nuisance to others than ever OAP's are!
I am sure Jasonm can vouch for the number of drunken, drugged, or plain illegal youngsters you can find walking the pavement or driving cars.

The rest of us should though remain respectful towards the elderly, and be patient. They no longer have to run around like headless chickens like us younger idiots have and do. 

:y :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 July 2014, 12:20:00 »

Then your days would be numbered Opti :o :o ;)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 July 2014, 12:26:20 »

I think you mean 'our' days are numbered, Henry. :D ;D ;D

omega3000

« Reply #30 on: 29 July 2014, 12:32:39 »

When is pension day ? Thursday  :-\

scimmy_man

• Omega Knight
  • yorkshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29 July 2014, 14:17:01 »

old folk get impatient usually because they have little else to worry about, so little things become important.

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 July 2014, 15:44:55 »

Oh, and old women! Irritable impatient fist waving bints some of them. (But by no means all obviously) Just now, 30mph in a 30. A possey of bints stride deliberately to the side if the road, off the kerb and into the road, obviously assuming I'm going to stop. WRONG. Obviously.

And the closer I get, the more the faces frown, the mouths open, and expletives are mouthed as I pass with a fist wave thrown in. Well obviously I have to reverse up and enquire as to what the precise problem is, only to be met by the lady who lives opposite at the back of the group, out power walking with her gang. Local bloody terrorists. It seems I had the ordasity to be driving on the road when they wanted to cross. Tough shit. Wait your turn for the only car in sight for miles.

JeezARSE ! I've just fixed her car battery issues and there's the thanks I get.

Shoot the bloody lot if em I say >:(

Right. All done now. Carry on ;D

Not getting in to the old person debate ( i like old people personally) but terrorists is a good description of ''walking groups''. They are afterall an offshoot of the communist party!!!
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Rog

« Reply #33 on: 29 July 2014, 16:38:41 »

The "old people" solution . . . . . . two words

Soylent Green !    :y

(PS: except for me and SWMBO of course !  :-X  )

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 29 July 2014, 17:57:21 »

I think you mean 'our' days are numbered, Henry. :D ;D ;D

I'm just a young lean mean machine like yourself Opti :y :-\ :-X
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

bigegg

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • MV6 RIP - Lexus GS300 '99
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 29 July 2014, 18:46:34 »

old folk get impatient usually because they have little else to worry about, so little things become important.

old people (like me  ::) ) get impatient because they realise that their remaining time is precious.
 and a lot shorter if they keep jumping out in front of cars  ;)
Carpe Incendium

Auto Addict

• Administrator
  • North Birmingham
  • Back to Vx to keep TB happy
    • Astra K Elite ST
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 29 July 2014, 18:48:33 »

old people (like me  ::) ) get impatient because they realise that their remaining time is precious.

I find the older I get, the more patient I get :)
I like red cars

05omegav6

« Reply #37 on: 29 July 2014, 19:18:20 »

Amen to that :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 29 July 2014, 19:20:17 »

The "old people" solution . . . . . . two words

Soylent Green !    :y

Unfortunately if you remember that film, you are also OLD! ;D ;D ;D

(PS: except for me and SWMBO of course !  :-X  )

omega3000

« Reply #39 on: 29 July 2014, 20:11:20 »

When you get older its true you just dont give a shi* as much  ;D And a cup of tea is all you look forward to at night  ::) :D

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 29 July 2014, 20:26:05 »

When I visit my elderly parents I'll be there for a couple of hours and, just as I get up to leave, they will ask if I can have a look at something that needs fixing. Why don't they mention it when I arrive, instead of when I'm just leaving.  ::)

When I take them food shopping they zig zag all over the shop instead of going up and down each aisle, so it takes ages.  ::)
I'm educating them on both of the above though, Bless em.  :y ;D
My fun car is a 2020 Bmw F32 430d M Sport with indicators.
My cruiser is an Audi A6 Avant S Line Black Edition with indicators.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 29 July 2014, 20:41:28 »

I suppose you mean hospital patient :-\

Jusme

• Omega Knight
  • North Hykeham, Lincoln.
    • Lexus LS430
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 29 July 2014, 21:05:19 »

When I take them food shopping they zig zag all over the shop instead of going up and down each aisle, so it takes ages.
That's because they are trying to miss all the unruly kids who see it as a playground, along with the young parents who couldn't give a toss as long as the kids aren't bothering them.... :-[  :-X
Under-steer is when the front of the car hits the wall, and over-steer is when the rear of the car hits the wall.
Power is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how much of the wall you take with you.

Taxi_Driver

« Reply #43 on: 29 July 2014, 21:10:28 »

Do you mean in getting it up....or mrs AA getting on all fours  :-\ ;D ;D :)

r1

• Omega Knight
  • nottingham
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 29 July 2014, 21:15:53 »

you might be at work 8-630 but how much work is actually done? by the time you have but your boots on had a cup of tea thought about what you going to do,forgotten what you going to do  the day has gone  and you think you have had a hard day. a young man would start at 8 and finish at 4 and done the same amount of work .old people just move to slow as they are just passing time away as they have nothing else to do.

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 29 July 2014, 21:24:38 »

'When I take them food shopping they zig zag all over the shop instead of going up and down each aisle, so it takes ages.'

Thats where you inherited your stlye of driving from, then Alan ;D
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 29 July 2014, 21:35:56 »

'When I take them food shopping they zig zag all over the shop instead of going up and down each aisle, so it takes ages.'

;D :y

That was the old me Tony, I'm a reformed character now.   ;)

Joking aside, does anyone else blip the imaginary throttle on a shopping trolley and power-slide it around the corners, or is it just me?  :-[
« Last Edit: 29 July 2014, 21:40:19 by YZ250 »

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 29 July 2014, 22:32:10 »

Joking aside, does anyone else blip the imaginary throttle on a shopping trolley and power-slide it around the corners, or is it just me?  :-[

This may sound sad, Chris hates me going shopping, because I turn into Lewis Hamilton with a shopping trolley, overtaking, handbrake turns round the end of the aisles, expertly dodging other trolleys. Ask Chris next time you see her  ;D ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: 29 July 2014, 22:34:51 by terbert »
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 29 July 2014, 22:36:25 »

The Parking Ticket

Working people frequently ask retired people what
They do to make their days interesting.
Well, for example, the other day, Mary my wife and I
Went into town and visited a shop.

When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

We went up to him and I said, 'Come on, man,
How about giving a senior citizen a break?'
He ignored us and continued writing the ticket.
I called him an �arsehole� . He glared at me and started
Writing another ticket for having worn-out tires.

So Mary called him a �shit head�. He finished the
Second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first.
Then he started writing more tickets.
This went on for about 20 minutes.
The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Just then our bus arrived, and we got on it
And went home.

We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired.

It's important at our age.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 29 July 2014, 22:43:19 »

The Parking Ticket

Working people frequently ask retired people what
They do to make their days interesting.
Well, for example, the other day, Mary my wife and I
Went into town and visited a shop.

When we came out, there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

We went up to him and I said, 'Come on, man,
How about giving a senior citizen a break?'
He ignored us and continued writing the ticket.
I called him an �arsehole� . He glared at me and started
Writing another ticket for having worn-out tires.

So Mary called him a �shit head�. He finished the
Second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first.
Then he started writing more tickets.
This went on for about 20 minutes.
The more we abused him, the more tickets he wrote.

Just then our bus arrived, and we got on it
And went home.

We try to have a little fun each day now that we're retired.

It's important at our age.

Old people like old jokes................. :-* :D :D

chrisgixer

« Reply #50 on: 29 July 2014, 22:46:41 »

Yeah. Old jokes. ::) ;D

But old jokes can be good jokes. ;)

YZ250

• Omega Baron
  • Oxford/Bucks border
    • Black 3.2 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 29 July 2014, 22:49:53 »

This may sound sad, Chris hates me going shopping, because I turn into Lewis Hamilton with a shopping trolley, overtaking, handbrake turns round the end of the aisles, expertly dodging other trolleys. Ask Chris next time you see her  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not just me then.  :y ;D

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 29 July 2014, 22:50:00 »

I would normally agree....... :y  But  pleassssseeeeee no more of yours, there is old and there is old............. :P :-* :D :D

chrisgixer

« Reply #53 on: 29 July 2014, 22:51:54 »

I would normally agree....... :y  But  pleassssseeeeee no more of yours, there is old and there is old............. :P :-* :D :D

Its Friday tomorrow, I don't give a shit ;)

Vamps

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 29 July 2014, 22:55:29 »

;) ;) :y

05omegav6

« Reply #55 on: 29 July 2014, 22:56:02 »

This calls for a song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 30 July 2014, 11:46:51 »

That is one of the (many) reasons I'm not allowed shopping  :-[
Grumpy old man

chrisgixer

« Reply #57 on: 30 July 2014, 12:16:27 »

But it's not the main reason though. Is it Jamie ;D

aaronjb

« Reply #58 on: 30 July 2014, 12:22:06 »

The fact he's been banned from Poundland for asking how much everything costs probably doesn't help, eh? ;D

Jimbob

• Global Moderator
  • Chester / Flintshire
  • I like traffic lights, but only when they're green
    • E250 Est / Golf GTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 30 July 2014, 14:35:58 »

The fact he's been banned from Poundland for asking how much everything costs probably doesn't help, eh? ;D

Its more fun doing that at the till when they offer you something else, they virtually always fall for it there!

omega3000

« Reply #60 on: 30 July 2014, 15:21:42 »

Folk dont move out the way when im on the electric scooter in Tesco's  >:( >:( >:(

Just having a cup of tea with a few munchies , will have to put my teeth in soak for a while ... :(
« Last Edit: 30 July 2014, 15:38:11 by Emd »

chrisgixer

« Reply #61 on: 30 July 2014, 20:16:05 »

It's no wonder men hate or are banned from shopping.

All the old/er women expect you to get out of their way, hold doors open for them, stop to let them cross the road, leap out the way if invalid and electric cars, and be whacked in the side of the knee with deliberately placed sharp objects in bags.

Yet, if you do any of that for younger or not so old women, your accused of being a pervert or a sexist, as if accusing them of not being able to hold a door open themselves or being weak or stating as they cross the road in front if you.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Although here in not Reading there are a few more normal people that recognise basic manors, where holding the door open for the person behind you, whoever it is, is just considered polite.

Manors goes out the window in a crowded supermarket though. She don't let me come with her to Asda. ;D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 30 July 2014, 20:28:27 »

you might be at work 8-630 but how much work is actually done? by the time you have but your boots on had a cup of tea thought about what you going to do,forgotten what you going to do  the day has gone  and you think you have had a hard day. a young man would start at 8 and finish at 4 and done the same amount of work .old people just move to slow as they are just passing time away as they have nothing else to do.

A fair question, and no doubt it is a lot less than you young 'uns, however, I can promise you that it is done properly, and not bodged due to being rushed like many jobs I have seen done by so-called professionals. :y
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.