Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What is it with old people..?  (Read 5570 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: What is it with old people..?
« Reply #15 on: 28 July 2014, 20:28:12 »

Are yes  ;) But they should light up though  :y

Agreed  :y ..... but not necessarily flash  ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 July 2014, 20:29:52 »

C) argued with me when I told them what they'd done and said 'Well no one was injured'  ??? ??? ???

I'll save that line for if I get stopped for speeding  ;D  ;D

Crazycarzowner

« Reply #17 on: 28 July 2014, 20:35:44 »

I'll save that line for if I get stopped for speeding

Doesn't work with me AndyB, trust me  :y :y :y

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 28 July 2014, 20:39:11 »

I'll save that line for if I get stopped for speeding

Doesn't work with me AndyB, trust me  :y :y :y

Oh well ......  ;D ;D ;D

and besides ...... I never speed!  ::)  ::) 

chrisgixer

« Reply #19 on: 28 July 2014, 20:43:03 »

I'm a bit p****ed off with the generalisations on this thread, notwithstanding the underlying pisstakes, While I fully appreciate that many of you are less than half my age, and are still gainfully(?) employed, not all of us 'retired' and over a certain age are in their dotage. For example, for the last six weeks I have been working on an extension on our house, starting at 8.00 each morning and not finishing until 6.30 or later. I am now on the downhill leg, having fitted the kitchen units and sink over the past two days, and tomorrow I lay the floor tiles. I have done all the plumbing and electrics, and did the labouring for the brickie and plasterer, I hope that you are all still capable of doing such works when you reach my age (77.5), as well as maintaining your Omegas, which I hope to get back to when the garage is once more available. 8) ;) :y :y :y

If I have had your energy Shack I'd be delighted. But then, if I was at your time of life, I wouldn't be working, much less working shifts. ;)

But here's hoping. :y

What's the secret? Little blue pills? ;D ;) :y

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28 July 2014, 22:06:27 »

To all you impudent, impatient 'young un's'.
'Old People' are but mirror images of yourselves seen through wrinkled glass that has felt the washleather of life too frequently to give a frig! :-*
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

Vamps

• Bishop Middleham, Co Durham.
  • Flying Tonight, so Be Prepared.
    • Mig 2.6CDX and 2.2 Honda
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 July 2014, 22:27:20 »

With age comes new attitudes.............. :D :D :D

My 4 Moods:

I知 to old for this shit,
I知 to tired for this shit,
I知 to sober for this shit,
I don稚 have time for this shit.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28 July 2014, 22:33:48 »

I'm a bit p****ed off with the generalisations on this thread, notwithstanding the underlying pisstakes, While I fully appreciate that many of you are less than half my age, and are still gainfully(?) employed, not all of us 'retired' and over a certain age are in their dotage. For example, for the last six weeks I have been working on an extension on our house, starting at 8.00 each morning and not finishing until 6.30 or later. I am now on the downhill leg, having fitted the kitchen units and sink over the past two days, and tomorrow I lay the floor tiles. I have done all the plumbing and electrics, and did the labouring for the brickie and plasterer, I hope that you are all still capable of doing such works when you reach my age (77.5), as well as maintaining your Omegas, which I hope to get back to when the garage is once more available. 8) ;) :y :y :y

If I have had your energy Shack I'd be delighted. But then, if I was at your time of life, I wouldn't be working, much less working shifts. ;)

Just keep going, age is just a number. I am pretty active generally, and watch very little TV, I still scuba dive regularly, play golf when I get time, ocsnl tennis, and I guess I was lucky in life's gene pool lottery and picked a healthy set of inherited genes! :y :y :y

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28 July 2014, 22:42:39 »

Just keep going, age is just a number. I am pretty active generally, and watch very little TV, I still scuba dive regularly, play golf when I get time, ocsnl tennis, and I guess I was lucky in life's gene pool lottery and picked a healthy set of inherited genes! :y :y :y

Ahh, Gixer'll be alright, then.  ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

chrisgixer

« Reply #24 on: 28 July 2014, 22:49:31 »

Ahh, Gixer'll be alright, then.  ;)

Pfffff. I didn't mention how the last 9 holes went you'll notice. I was bloody knackered. ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 July 2014, 10:15:39 »

And that's why you're fitter than many half your age Shack :y
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 July 2014, 10:18:05 »

With age comes new attitudes.............. :D :D :D

My 4 Moods:

I知 to old for this shit,
I知 to tired for this shit,
I知 to sober for this shit,
I don稚 have time for this shit.
That's my motto at work with this current batch of managers and their stupid, retarded ideas. Hence I'm on daily report  :-[ ;D
Grumpy old man

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #27 on: 29 July 2014, 11:12:27 »

Well said Shackeng!! :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y :y

We must all remember that with age comes greater knowledge, experience and wisdom.  However, as we age we become more like children again, but in varying degrees dependant on the individual.  Unless dying before "old age", whatever that really means, we will ALL change to an older mode of thinking and living.

Obviously in certain cases this process leads to the individual becoming 'less safe' to themselves and others, as Jasonm found with the 85 year old driver!  But not everyone will do so at the same time; some earlier, some later in "old age".  However, just think how many much younger people are a danger to themselves, are inconsiderate to others, and are far more of a damn nuisance to others than ever OAP's are!
I am sure Jasonm can vouch for the number of drunken, drugged, or plain illegal youngsters you can find walking the pavement or driving cars.

The rest of us should though remain respectful towards the elderly, and be patient. They no longer have to run around like headless chickens like us younger idiots have and do. 

:y :y

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29 July 2014, 12:20:00 »

Old people are a bloody pain in the arse.

........and they smell of stale piss.

If we had a'cull' of all people over 70 then we would save the country billions of pounds. :y

Then your days would be numbered Opti :o :o ;)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 July 2014, 12:26:20 »

Old people are a bloody pain in the arse.

........and they smell of stale piss.

If we had a'cull' of all people over 70 then we would save the country billions of pounds. :y

Then your days would be numbered Opti :o :o ;)

I think you mean 'our' days are numbered, Henry. :D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.