Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Isreal, Hamas, Gaza etc  (Read 4016 times)

chrisgixer

Isreal, Hamas, Gaza etc
« on: 28 July 2014, 20:05:50 »

Am I being naive?

I am completely on the side of the Israelis. I believe completely that Hamas are firing rockets from schools and Hospitals and using the people there as shields, or if returned fire from Israel are then used to show the bully boys in Israel as committing war crimes, while Hamas hold its own people on site.

Apologies for the subject, you know I hate politics etc but I'm flabbergasted at the "one is as bad as the other" approach from the media. Ordinarily I would agree, but this time, I'm seeing a deliberate attempt by Hamas to bate Isreal after the murder of three Israeli youths and the tit for tat that followed.

Ultimately though, Israel are simply giving Hamas the ultimate recruitment drive.

Apologies once again, but I am interested in your pov on the recent hostilities. :(

omega3000

Re: Isreal, Hamas, Gaza etc
« Reply #1 on: 28 July 2014, 20:18:17 »

Am I being naive?

I am completely on the side of the Israelis. I believe completely that Hamas are firing rockets from schools and Hospitals and using the people there as shields, or if returned fire from Israel are then used to show the bully boys in Israel as committing war crimes, while Hamas hold its own people on site.

Apologies for the subject, you know I hate politics etc but I'm flabbergasted at the "one is as bad as the other" approach from the media. Ordinarily I would agree, but this time, I'm seeing a deliberate attempt by Hamas to bate Isreal after the murder of three Israeli youths and the tit for tat that followed.

Ultimately though, Israel are simply giving Hamas the ultimate recruitment drive.

Apologies once again, but I am interested in your pov on the recent hostilities. :(

Thats the way i see it  :( I think it will come down to who's got enough fire power left , innocent people/children being killed is just atrocious  :'(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 July 2014, 20:51:32 »

Am I being naive?

I have to disagree. Israel is a rogue state that is dismissive of international law.

Along with North Korea I would say that Israel is just about the most dangerous country on earth.

Others will disagree.

05omegav6

« Reply #3 on: 28 July 2014, 22:07:15 »

First off, remember who made Israel, then forgive them for taking the miral high ground.

Why does a country the size of Wales require nuclear weapons? Because they live next to Palestine and Syria... If Hamas etc keep pressing buttons then eventually the Israelis will snap, then that will be the Middle East problem sorted for a couple of generations :-X

Hamas certainly seem to be crying foul having themselves broken yesterdays ceasefire :-\

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28 July 2014, 22:09:40 »

I hate wars fought in the supposed name of religion.

Gaza strip. Just how does the world think the inhabitants actually live there each day blockaded in? They don't because no one gives a damn.

Peace? Won't happen until the world leans properly on Israel. I wonder how they would like sanctions? But hey, that ain't going to ever happen.

Maybe the Palestinians ought to start building houses in Israel?
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

chrisgixer

« Reply #5 on: 28 July 2014, 22:18:38 »

Just to try and narrow this down a bit, or we'll be here for eternity. I'm talking about the resent bout of hostilities. No more, one less. I'm not talking about religion or who was there first. No history at all prior to the three boys murder.

There was a form of peace prior to that. Think of it as factual like a crime scene or a point of law. Who actually did what, where and when. Etc.

I know its all via the media, but that's all we have to go on.

PhilRich

• Omega Queen
  • A bit further North of the Back of Beyond!
    • Mk 2 Volvo V70
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 July 2014, 22:24:11 »

Whoever kidnapped & murdered those three boys had a wide agenda that appears to be being fulfilled in Spades! Nuff said. :-X
If it ain't broke keep fixing it 'til it is!

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #7 on: 28 July 2014, 22:28:15 »

Am I being naive?

I have to disagree. Israel is a rogue state that is dismissive of international law.

Along with North Korea I would say that Israel is just about the most dangerous country on earth.

Others will disagree.

dont know the others but I agree..  cant believe a nation who suffered that much and died in those torture camps  now behaving the same :(

although the behaviours not reflecting the idea of all citizens , more or less its an elected govt..  :-\  like mine ;D

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #8 on: 28 July 2014, 22:30:41 »

and one more , hamas and the israel govt are feeding themselves through blood and sometimes I think the same power feeding them >:(

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #9 on: 28 July 2014, 22:33:27 »

Just to try and narrow this down a bit, or we'll be here for eternity. I'm talking about the resent bout of hostilities. No more, one less. I'm not talking about religion or who was there first. No history at all prior to the three boys murder.

There was a form of peace prior to that. Think of it as factual like a crime scene or a point of law. Who actually did what, where and when. Etc.

now if discuss about why your car start tramlining  regarding your latest tire purchase would that be meaningful ;D

chrisgixer

« Reply #10 on: 29 July 2014, 09:08:13 »

now if discuss about why your car start tramlining  regarding your latest tire purchase would that be meaningful ;D

Yep, that's what I'm talking about. No tramlining (shooting/relative piece) before the tyre purchase (3teenagers murdered) then all hell brakes loose. Simple isn't it. Facts. Not some irrelevant random bollards dragged up from the internet (history)

Let's say Hamas have been quiet for a while. Been planning and sorting out a few rockets. They don't want to be seen as the aggressor so send out some henchmen to pone the wasps nest. Knowing full well the response will be dramatic, they can the claim the Isrealis are the aggressor and respond with their rockets. Knowing Isreal will respond to any rocket site, they naturally place them in schools and hospitals and claim war crimes.

Absolutely no evidence for this theory and not taking a side. It's just how it appears to me given the media coverage.

There's no justification for ANY of it.

There was a ceasefire before the murders. Was there not?

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #11 on: 29 July 2014, 10:05:55 »

My imaginary friend is slightly different to your imaginary friend, therefore, prepare to die.
http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 29 July 2014, 10:28:11 »

I'm talking about the resent bout of hostilities. No more, one less. I'm not talking about religion or who was there first. No history at all prior to the three boys murder.
Like all long running conflicts, it can never just be about what is currently happening, unless both sides can take a leap of faith, such as Northern Ireland etc.

I think the world hoped that with Gaza and West Bank being given over to the Palestinians, the problems would all go away, but the issues still bubbled under the surface (as they still do in NI), and occasionally flare up into what is currently going on.

Hamas, considered by the "West" to be a terrorist organisation, is Israel's preferred leader of the Palestinians, due to being more tolerant than many other Islamic* groups, such as Isis.

* Those that fight under the name of Islam, even though despised by most Muslims.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #13 on: 29 July 2014, 10:58:30 »

As I know commenting on this very contentious subject, out of all the ones surrounding the Middle East, can lead to polarization of opinion with it all getting personal, I will not say one way or the other how I feel.

I do feel much however, but this is a very long standing issue, going back over 2,000 years, and is a direct clash between cultures, religion, and damn politics.  It will not be resolved on a car forum!

Ohhhhhh, I would love to say a lot more, but no that is it.............!!! :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 July 2014, 11:34:28 »

Like all long running conflicts, it can never just be about what is currently happening, unless both sides can take a leap of faith, such as Northern Ireland etc.

Yep, they are exactly at the state Northern Ireland was, IMHO. Fighting that's been going on for generations, nobody can remember who started it or why, everybody just gets sick and fed up of hearing about it on the news.

They've got to the point where there are two options:

1) Keep fighting endlessly
2) Wipe the slate clean and get round the table to sort it out

Not much point in discussing who's side is to blame. There's too much water passed under that bridge now.

Anyway, where's Tony B.Liar? he's very quiet. I thought he had middle east peace all sorted out. ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.