Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Isreal, Hamas, Gaza etc  (Read 4020 times)

05omegav6

Re: Isreal, Hamas, Gaza etc
« Reply #16 on: 29 July 2014, 11:51:21 »

Our Tone is probably on his holibobs in Tuscany :-X

As for wiping the slate clean, the Israelis might just wipe the whole region clean if provoked enough :-\

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #17 on: 29 July 2014, 11:55:45 »

Like all long running conflicts, it can never just be about what is currently happening, unless both sides can take a leap of faith, such as Northern Ireland etc.

exactly.. because what is happening today is the consequence of consequences from the past

I think the world hoped that with Gaza and West Bank being given over to the Palestinians, the problems would all go away, but the issues still bubbled under the surface (as they still do in NI), and occasionally flare up into what is currently going on.

the main issue is the hate :(  and its more like a fire because both sides have losses although palestinians have lost much more relatives in numbers and live under very heavy conditions for long years.. and the other important fact is USA under the effect of American Jews and Israel .. USA could stop it long time ago.. :( 

Hamas, considered by the "West" to be a terrorist organisation, is Israel's preferred leader of the Palestinians,

A very important Fact and truth that rare people admit.. :y :y :y

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #18 on: 29 July 2014, 12:08:27 »

http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 29 July 2014, 12:29:08 »

As I know commenting on this very contentious subject, out of all the ones surrounding the Middle East, can lead to polarization of opinion with it all getting personal, I will not say one way or the other how I feel.

I do feel much however, but this is a very long standing issue, going back over 2,000 years, and is a direct clash between cultures, religion, and damn politics.  It will not be resolved on a car forum!

Ohhhhhh, I would love to say a lot more, but no that is it.............!!! :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

Go on Lizzie you know you want to..... ;) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 29 July 2014, 12:43:03 »

Why are people surprised when the palestinians fight to rid their land of the occupiers?

We would do exactly the same in this country.......and rightly so.

As usual Israel is dismissive of the 1967 boundaries set up under international law. They do as they please.

Israel is a nuclear superpower while Palestine is a stoneage country with stoneage weapons, 99% of which are shot down by Israel.

If Obama and Cameron stood up to Israel then perhaps something could be done to stop the bloodshed. At the last count I believe about 3 civilians have been killed in Israel. Compare this to more than 1000  fatalities in Palestine......many of which are children. :-\

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 29 July 2014, 13:19:38 »

many of which are children.
No offence intended Opti, but the media keep picking up on this fact as well.

Is a child's life more important than that of its mother? Or of a man not wishing to partake in any action for/against any conflict, or indeed one who is involved?

I don't think so, yet its all we here on the media. A life is a life, whether child or adult.
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 29 July 2014, 13:51:43 »

many of which are children.
No offence intended Opti, but the media keep picking up on this fact as well.

Is a child's life more important than that of its mother? Or of a man not wishing to partake in any action for/against any conflict, or indeed one who is involved?

I don't think so, yet its all we here on the media. A life is a life, whether child or adult.

No offence taken, TB. :y.....I suppose that people use children as an example because they have more life to lose.

humbucker

• Omega Baron
  • Cambridgeshire
  • VX Trade Card, Halfords Trade Card. Neat.
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
    • View Profile
    • www.irmscherMV6.com
« Reply #23 on: 29 July 2014, 14:33:31 »

True, but I guess the subtext is that a child is less able / not able to defend itself.
http://www.irmscherMV6.com | #irmscherMV6
Genuine Tech1 and Tech2 diagnostic services for Vauxhalls and Saabs available in and around Cambs.
PM with your requests.

chrisgixer

« Reply #24 on: 29 July 2014, 14:40:54 »

Like all long running conflicts, it can never just be about what is currently happening, unless both sides can take a leap of faith, such as Northern Ireland etc.

exactly.. because what is happening today is the consequence of consequences from the past

I think the world hoped that with Gaza and West Bank being given over to the Palestinians, the problems would all go away, but the issues still bubbled under the surface (as they still do in NI), and occasionally flare up into what is currently going on.

the main issue is the hate :(  and its more like a fire because both sides have losses although palestinians have lost much more relatives in numbers and live under very heavy conditions for long years.. and the other important fact is USA under the effect of American Jews and Israel .. USA could stop it long time ago.. :( 

Hamas, considered by the "West" to be a terrorist organisation, is Israel's preferred leader of the Palestinians,

Yeah you can tell TB has been on Hollybobs. That may be a very important fact, but it was on the news and media outlets all last week ;D

Good old BBC world service. :)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 29 July 2014, 15:09:12 »

The PLO and Israel reached an agreement to end the troubles many years a go. Yassa Arafat decided just before signing to reject it and carry on fighting Israel on the basis that the peace deal would make his terrorist organisation irrelevant. Hamas deposed and destroyed the PLO and likewise they will never agree a peace deal as it makes them irrelevant. :( :( :( :(

So I afraid that those that live by the Iranian supplied rockets and guns, must be prepared to die by them.

Sadly, there are always the innocents caught in the crossfire.

The same applies in the Ukraine where the Russian invasion has lead to many civilian causalities along with the shooting down of MH17 by his Russian terrorists. What is becoming increasing apparent is that Putin will do anything, I mean anything to stay in power. Personally I think, if the use of nuclear weapons helps him keep his grip on Russia he will use them, which probably makes him currently the most dangerous misfit on the planet. >:( >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 29 July 2014, 17:29:41 »

Yeah you can tell TB has been on Hollybobs. That may be a very important fact, but it was on the news and media outlets all last week ;D

Good old BBC world service. :)
Not even turned the telly on chrisgixer. In fact, despite the massive dish, I'm not sure it would pick up anything English ;)

Besides, it's unplugged, as that's where the MiFi is plugged in :y
Grumpy old man

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #27 on: 29 July 2014, 20:23:43 »

The PLO and Israel reached an agreement to end the troubles many years a go. Yassa Arafat decided just before signing to reject it and carry on fighting Israel on the basis that the peace deal would make his terrorist organisation irrelevant. Hamas deposed and destroyed the PLO and likewise they will never agree a peace deal as it makes them irrelevant. :( :( :( :(

So I afraid that those that live by the Iranian supplied rockets and guns, must be prepared to die by them.

Sadly, there are always the innocents caught in the crossfire.

The same applies in the Ukraine where the Russian invasion has lead to many civilian causalities along with the shooting down of MH17 by his Russian terrorists. What is becoming increasing apparent is that Putin will do anything, I mean anything to stay in power. Personally I think, if the use of nuclear weapons helps him keep his grip on Russia he will use them, which probably makes him currently the most dangerous misfit on the planet. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Rods, you are comparing apples and pears really  ;D

05omegav6

« Reply #28 on: 29 July 2014, 21:41:08 »

Indeed, the Israelis have had a chip on there shoulders ever since the Egyptians told them to sod off 3500 years ago, whereas eastern europe has only really been a problem since the end of the Austrohungarian (sp?) Empire ::)

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29 July 2014, 22:09:28 »

Indeed, the Israelis have had a chip on there shoulders ever since the Egyptians told them to sod off 3500 years ago, whereas eastern europe has only really been a problem since the end of the Austrohungarian (sp?) Empire ::)

Many of the problems in the Middle East are a result of the French and British Pencils arbitrarily redrawing borders after WWI at the expense of an already declining Ottoman Empire as a punishment where they backed the losing side. ???
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 18 queries.