Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Car Tax Rip Off?  (Read 5352 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Car Tax Rip Off?
« Reply #30 on: 09 July 2018, 12:28:55 »

My two pennies worth is to the OP, the £315 is a fact like the £1.279 per litre for fuel, that my car burns at just 19.3 mpg around town, and I will find £1,000 this year to do my cam belt and major service, plus another £400 for misc maintenance.

But would I change all that for a SMART car, or Fiat 500c and save a fortune?  No f'ing way, because I love the Omega I have, as I have loved all my previous Omega's and large engined Vauxhalls generally.

If you want to be in the Omega club, you have to pay for it, and the £315+ you pay in Vehicle Tax is nothing in the scheme of things; especially compared to what my dream red label Bentley would cost!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

There's nowt wrong wi' a Smart Lizzie  :y

Maybe not, but I'm a big girl Andy who needs her room and comforts for grand children as well as me.  I also have experience of driving smaller cars, being bullied by huge lorries!!  ;D ;D ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09 July 2018, 12:29:41 »

My two pennies worth is to the OP, the £315 is a fact like the £1.279 per litre for fuel, that my car burns at just 19.3 mpg around town, and I will find £1,000 this year to do my cam belt and major service, plus another £400 for misc maintenance.

But would I change all that for a SMART car, or Fiat 500c and save a fortune?  No f'ing way, because I love the Omega I have, as I have loved all my previous Omega's and large engined Vauxhalls generally.

If you want to be in the Omega club, you have to pay for it, and the £315+ you pay in Vehicle Tax is nothing in the scheme of things; especially compared to what my dream red label Bentley would cost!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

A mere bagatelle for a girl who owns half of Kent. :) :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

;D ;D ;D ;D :-* :-* ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09 July 2018, 13:10:24 »

Maybe not, but I'm a big girl Andy who needs her room and comforts for grand children as well as me.
There's a surprising amount of room in all Smarts. 'Fat Rick' has a Roadster, he's 6' 3" & 23 stone and uses his daily.

I also have experience of driving smaller cars, being bullied by huge lorries!!  ;D ;D ;)
Yes. You need to know the limitations of them, though a dash cam can help when you send a video to his transport manager  ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09 July 2018, 13:12:52 »

Lorries do indeed have limitations... Size, weight, speed, transport managers, drivers, other road users... ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09 July 2018, 13:29:01 »

Lorries do indeed have limitations... Size, weight, speed, transport managers, drivers, other road users... ::)
..... and giving way to traffic already on the roundabout  >:( ..... might does not mean right
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 21 queries.